ADVERTISEMENT

LSU Corruption

TheWyldKat

Senior
Mar 13, 2016
For the life of me I just can’t understand how LSU Coach Will Wade was caught on a wiretap talking about paying players, family members, and also Supplying housing and other benefits and absolutely nothing ever came of it.

Example: player (A) Wants to come to Kentucky, LSU also wants him. They decide to pay the player $200,000. So LSU get a great player, and absolutely nothing happens.

Geeze

For the life of me I just can’t understand how LSU Coach Will Wade was caught on a wiretap talking about paying players, family members, and also Supplying housing and other benefits and absolutely nothing ever came of it.

Example: player (A) Wants to come to Kentucky, LSU also wants him. They decide to pay the player $200,000. So LSU get a great player, and absolutely nothing happens.

Geeze

I have connections to their previous coach (Johnny Jones) and have been told that Will Wade is a "dirty son of a ...."

I just hope his little post game quotes are plastered all over the UK locker room for the rest of the year. Would love that to be this year’s version of the IU shot from ‘12

Reactions: Fox2monk

Geeze
Deny, deny, deny until it goes away. Works like a charm when you're dealing with incompetent idiots (NCAA)

Before all this FBI stuff I remember reading about coaches were already questioning his recruiting ‘practices’ and were not happy about it.

Just a question ... why wasn’t this thread made BEFORE the game last night ? Seems it was made after the game out of anger .

Reactions: kyboy1998
The NCAA will get to LSU. They were told to do nothing until the FBI was finished. All schools mentioned in FBI probe will be looked into deeply. They are all on borrowed time.

Reactions: CatfanMike47

Geeze
I'm amazed more people aren't discussing this, he's as dirty as they come.

Reactions: TheWyldKat
Watford, another 5 star, just leaned their direction this week out of the blue.
Damn, he's doing it right out in the open knowing he was caught on wiretap agreeing to "fund" a player funneled by Adidas. You'd think he'd stop doing it knowing the reaper is coming. I guess his approach is, "they're going to get me, I may as well have fun while I'm still employed".

I honestly believe these coaches are becoming more brazen, daring the NCAA to do anything, because of how UNC skated. I'm telling ya, the precedent that UNC and the NCAA set on that fiasco will come back to haunt college sports, and the NCAA.

It feels an awful lot like Hugh Freeze. You wondered where the hell this guy came from and how is he recruiting so well

I definitely lost another level of interest in this sport last night. Between the Goaltend, teams cheating, and Duke getting a charge reviewed.. it's hard to continue to enjoy a sport that's clearly fixed.. or at the very least, protected in some manner.

Kentucky is going to lose out on a see line (or two) because of absurd calls this year.. meanwhile no one aside from Kansas will be allowed to win the Big12..

How do you get excited for that?

I definitely lost another level of interest in this sport last night. Between the Goaltend, teams cheating, and Duke getting a charge reviewed.. it's hard to continue to enjoy a sport that's clearly fixed.. or at the very least, protected in some manner.

Kentucky is going to lose out on a see line (or two) because of absurd calls this year.. meanwhile no one aside from Kansas will be allowed to win the Big12..

and add to it a UK program that's not willing to pay up to even get fair called games... never the less the same treatment all the other blue bloods get.

Reactions: CatfanMike47
And with ESPN's wall-to-wall coverage of Zion you never hear a thing about his stepfather trying to sell him to the highest bidder. I'm somewhat disappointed certain defendants decided to take plea deals instead of heading to trial. I would love to hear what the FBI picked up on their wiretaps.

I keep waiting for the hammer to come down on ANY of the proven-dirty schools...

UNC
Kansas
Duke
Arizona
LSU
and on and on

But deep down, I don't have any real hope that it'll happen.

Reactions: Fox2monk
Just a question ... why wasn’t this thread made BEFORE the game last night ? Seems it was made after the game out of anger .
Oh go away stupid TN fan. I’m sorry. I hate to be rude. But I live close to Knoxville and I am just sick to death of the “closet” basketball fans that have crawled out of the woodwork. One good year and y’all act like you’re the almighty kings of basketball.

just curious what is the motivation? Duke loses to USCjr, Lehigh, and Mercer in the tournament the last few years. Were they not protected then? The charge was the right call, it's written in the rules that you can review that. The goal-tend was not reviewable. It's a dumb rule to pick and choose what are reviewable to me, but it's not some cloak and dagger thing to get UK.

In fact unless you believe that it is all some mafioso scheme and all the games are fixed and the "boss" is just a Duke fan or UNC fan or whatever then the whole scenario makes no sense. Kentucky is the biggest draw in college basketball or right there with Duke. The cats move the needle worldwide in a sport that no one and I mean no one gives a shit about outside of the college sports towns. ESPN, CBS, NCAA they want Kentucky in every marquee match up that means more eyes and by proxy more $$$$$ for them.

Hagans, Herro, and KJ did not play defense last night. We got lazy in the 2nd half and flat out don't have the athletes that LSU has. That's the truth. We lost a game where we didn't play great. We blew it for ourselves, we shouldn't have even needed to sweat out that botched goaltending call.

Oh go away stupid TN fan. I’m sorry. I hate to be rude. But I live close to Knoxville and I am just sick to death of the “closet” basketball fans that have crawled out of the woodwork. One good year and y’all act like you’re the almighty kings of basketball.

It’s only cheating when the ncaa decides to enforce the rules. Until then don’t blame anyone for doing this. Except if it was John calipari we’d be on probation already and the daily head lines would be all about calipari and Kentucky cheating. Get used to it. Literally on tape zions parents wanting cash and homes and jobs and all you hear about are his dunks. Not duke. It’s a double standard. I’m over it already. I do believe Kansas will be hit but the penalties will probably be a joke and no vacated wins. But when the ncaa tells Kansas not to share info with bill self that can’t be good lol. I think it’s a miracle we still get five star kids with all this shit going on. Says a lot about our staff.

If you were around here for more than the two weeks before your teams Super Bowl you'd know this has been discussed. It was discussed a year ago when the corruption came out. Anything else we can clear up for you ?

If you were around here for more than the two weeks before your teams Super Bowl you'd know this has been discussed. It was discussed a year ago when the corruption came out. Anything else we can clear up for you ?
Lol, fair enough !

Damn, he's doing it right out in the open knowing he was caught on wiretap agreeing to "fund" a player funneled by Adidas. You'd think he'd stop doing it knowing the reaper is coming. I guess his approach is, "they're going to get me, I may as well have fun while I'm still employed".

I honestly believe these coaches are becoming more brazen, daring the NCAA to do anything, because of how UNC skated. I'm telling ya, the precedent that UNC and the NCAA set on that fiasco will come back to haunt college sports, and the NCAA.

It will until all the top guys can go to the d league and make 200k and practice under pro conditions. Then when NCAA has to have no real stars they will start seeing the light.

The cheating has been discussed a number of times. The postgame bulletin board comments couldn’t have been made because he didn’t open his cheating corrupt mouth and totally disrespect UK until they won on a blown call. He was a total jackass and I’m sure Cal and the players will be well aware of his petty remarks. I’ll take Cal and UK over these smart ass cheaters over the long haul. That guy had to be an idiot to run his mouth. Can’t wait to play them again.

**** it, we should start cheating too. Everyone else does and pretty much gets away with it even when the NCAA and freaking FBI know. So, let's just do the same.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT