ADVERTISEMENT

Louisville

Don't shoot the messenger but I have heard some things about the new coach as being likable but very cheesy and not high up in the recruiting channels. Was told by an assistant in the Big East that you will see the lack of recruiting pull that he has. He did say NIL will help but that he thinks it will be very mediocre.

Don't shoot the messenger but I have heard some things about the new coach as being likable but very cheesy and not high up in the recruiting channels. Was told by an assistant in the Big East that you will see the lack of recruiting pull that he has. He did say NIL will help but that he thinks it will be very mediocre.
That's a shame.

8p5o3k.jpg

How about NO. Lewisvulle needs to stay in the gutter where they belong.
It’s okay if you see it differently. But I think that’s petty and ultimately bad for our program. UK v. Louisville used to get national hype. Then that rivalry fell by the wayside and ESPN, Sports Illustrated, and CBS started constantly droning that UNC/Duke was the biggest game in basketball every year. Feel free to root for more of that or another version of that. But if you ask me:

How about NO.

Reactions: nickhorvathsuxazz
he is going to need some time

Louisville wasn't getting a guy that was going to come in an instantly turn it around. He's got to build the Louisville brand up and in doing so will build his brand up. Probably a 4 year stretch before he should be able (assuming is he capable of it) of getting Louisville in the top 10 as a title contender

That’s a shame because he seems like a decent and likable guy. Certainly want to keep dominating them but I wouldn’t mind at all seeing them have good success that doesn’t interfere with ours so we can get back to a real rivalry and generate more national hype.
No

he is going to need some time

Louisville wasn't getting a guy that was going to come in an instantly turn it around. He's got to build the Louisville brand up and in doing so will build his brand up. Probably a 4 year stretch before he should be able (assuming is he capable of it) of getting Louisville in the top 10 as a title contender
I thought Louisville was regarded as having a pretty strong transfer class. Is that not the case?

It’s okay if you see it differently. But I think that’s petty and ultimately bad for our program. UK v. Louisville used to get national hype. Then that rivalry fell by the wayside and ESPN, Sports Illustrated, and CBS started constantly droning that UNC/Duke was the biggest game in basketball every year. Feel free to root for more of that or another version of that. But if you ask me:

How about NO.

It’s a huge deal when UK plays KU, Duke, UNC, or other powers. UK’s greatness has not been dependent upon UL being a rival.

That’s a shame because he seems like a decent and likable guy. Certainly want to keep dominating them but I wouldn’t mind at all seeing them have good success that doesn’t interfere with ours so we can get back to a real rivalry and generate more national hype.
I’m perfectly fine with dominating them every year. It makes me happy to win by 20+.

If you ask a Louisville fan then yes...it's awesome
can't say for sure but I'd think the most reasonable fan would realize that there were lot of big names they went for and missed on. Unknown coach , program coming off 2 years of misery , playing in an empty arena. Tough to land anyone up against that.

Its going to take some effort, it will probably start with them winning a respectable 16-20 games next year. I predict NIT but who knows the guy might pull off some magic

Eh, we can’t say much here lol.

Excited about Pope, but.. he was our ADs maybe 4th choice and our fans 7-8th?
Actually, I think he was 2nd or 3rd depending how you look at it. Hurley I don’t think was never more than checking a box making him say no. Drew I think considered it.

Louisville fans are still trying to get the Indiana and Kentucky governments to cede the city to Indiana.

Reactions: Fox2monk
Actually, I think he was 2nd or 3rd depending how you look at it. Hurley I don’t think was never more than checking a box making him say no. Drew I think considered it.
Of the ones we know we went after maybe.

Still, was not in any fans’ top 5

Doesn't appear they will get Osoboro. Took another Charleston transfer who needs to redshirt due to injury and a kid from Bellarmine recently. Seems like they are not making the splash their fans were spouting about.
I guess their money wasn’t a big as they thought.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT