ADVERTISEMENT

Louisville.....

Of course now per the CJ Louisville claims they ARE NOT recruiting Rice. So I guess he just made up he got an offer?

[laughing]

Blew up in their faces and they had to back track with quickness
You really think they aren't still recruiting him...

Thanks for the kind words Poetax. Yeah, I have posted here at least as much as I have on the Cardinal site and, by their count, just went over the 20,000 post mark.

First of all I have no problem with second chances BUT each instance must stand on its' own. That is to say some offenses certainly deserve a second chance but some do not. As a broad line one might say misdemeanors (especially first time charges) usually deserve a second chance and felonies do not. But any kid lucky enough to get a second chance must fully understand he is on a very tight leash relative to his teammates. Mess up and you are gone.

FWIW, the only 2 UofL second chance guys I recall that really messed up were Willie Williams (Good Lord! 5th, 6th chance?) and the DB who was involved in an armed robbery in VA over the summer (theft in HS but absolutely no problems at UofL until that robbery incident).

I'm not going to dig out the details but, to my recollection, charges were never pressed by the "victim" of Devante Field's alleged "domestic violence". There was a noisy confrontation and a third party called the police. The police report noted a small bruise on the victim but she filed no charges. However, by local law, the report itself mandated an arrest warrant be issued and Fields turned himself in the next day. No charges were filed. The only "problem" with Fields at UofL was that he was not as good last year as expected. [winking]

Anyway, as I said, each instance must stand on its' own.

As for Rice, AL.com has closely followed this situation (see link). The absolutely latest news is that UofL has denied they are recruiting Rice. All in all, the situation with Rice sounds very much like the Tubman situation at UK. This denial was almost certainly in response to yesterday's breaking news by ITV and ESPN 680 that Rice had tweeted he was blessed to have a UofL offer. This tweet is no longer up. Courier link is here.

Peace
^^^Typical filibuster reply. Selective memory by this narcissistic blogger.^^^

Well he hasn't shot anybody.

Well, give him a chance.

The serial armed robber that was their MVP in BP's first big bowl win that had an armed robbery IN HIGH SCHOOL didn't start his rampage until the coddling by the athletic program and the money he made in the NFL ran out. Probably going to see more and more of that, the dummies that get into drugs that think they can handle it HAVE to have a lot of money.

I expect their whole program to implode some day, maybe as soon as the NCAA gets some balls--------wait, forget I said that, must have had a senior moment remembering when UK got hammered by them.

And yes, a lot of innocent athletes get hurt when that happens, you might even say the two transfers that Slick Rick talked into propping up his program last year probably would have gone elsewhere if they had known what he knew. He just signed a transfer from UConn and was scouting another to replace Mitchell, they must have some great side benefits.

...but I do have a question for you since you live in Louisville, do you have a better explanation of the two football players being shot and nothing about it for months, my theory is that a flying saucer landed on the roof and escaped all the cameras and everyone knows about all the kidnappings by the little green men where no one remembers anything. What is your theory, maybe you could check with the LMPD as a concerned citizen--------then again maybe you don't want to know what happened.

To bring up the Tubman case is asinine, UK showed how opposite they are from your school in that situatiion-------he really had a lot of potential.

And believe it or not, I am a fan of your info and believe you are a UK fan, just way behind your first choice, which has really emerged with their success.
ja, I learned a long time ago not to get involved with your (and other posters) "anti-UofL" posts unless it is something that is simply factually incorrect (I even hold back on some of those). I just don't care for such discussions which are often heavy on opinion but light on facts.

The same can be said about the UofL board(s) which is one reason why the great majority of my posts are on the Rivals premium board. I just think there is a higher tolerance of dissenting opinions on the pay boards than the free boards and that is probably probably true here as well. I just don't care to be a pay subscriber to more than 1 board.

But I will always try to address a specific question. I just now saw the question in your earlier post having first dismissed it as more of your anti-UofL rhetoric [winking].

Regarding the on campus shooting I am equally stunned and disappointed there has not been any further reporting about the incident. I can only assume that it has something to do student privacy laws but I would certainly like to hear a comment from both UofL AND the LMPD as to why they cannot or have not released any further "information" about the incident. Since it actually happened on UofL property this is not good publicity for the school.

As for Tubman and Rice, IMO, it is virtually the same situation...

Tubman: Accused of rape, Grand Jury does not indict but school "enforcement" of Title IX provisions forces him out of UK.

Land: Accused of rape, no legal proceedings (yet) but leaves AU either on own accord (possibly under advice from AU, they are obligated to "enforce" Title IX as well). This kid was a 3 year commitment to AU and an early enrollee. I find it hard to believe he is leaving AU without good reason. But if there is legal action supporting a rape charge moving to MS won't make a difference.

Every case stands on its' own but, so far, to me those appear to be pretty similar situations. Not that it really makes any difference, to address your last point on Tubman, I'm not sure he was the player many here thought him to be; he was an average at best player at EKU this past year. All JMO.

You really think they aren't still recruiting him...
I have a choice to believe an official statement from the school or a talk radio discussion about a tweet that has now been taken down. That's a tough choice. [winking] The ITV 247 site (which no one really pays any attention to) still lists his as a TE offer (apparently based his now defunct tweet) but has no discussion thread recognizing UofL's statement.

^^^Typical filibuster reply. Selective memory by this narcissistic blogger.^^^
May I suggest you place me on "ignore"?

Peace

ja, I learned a long time ago not to get involved with your (and other posters) "anti-UofL" posts unless it is something that is simply factually incorrect (I even hold back on some of those). I just don't care for such discussions which are often heavy on opinion but light on facts.

The same can be said about the UofL board(s) which is one reason why the great majority of my posts are on the Rivals premium board. I just think there is a higher tolerance of dissenting opinions on the pay boards than the free boards and that is probably probably true here as well. I just don't care to be a pay subscriber to more than 1 board.

But I will always try to address a specific question. I just now saw the question in your earlier post having first dismissed it as more of your anti-UofL rhetoric [winking].

Regarding the on campus shooting I am equally stunned and disappointed there has not been any further reporting about the incident. I can only assume that it has something to do student privacy laws but I would certainly like to hear a comment from both UofL AND the LMPD as to why they cannot or have not released any further "information" about the incident. Since it actually happened on UofL property this is not good publicity for the school.

As for Tubman and Rice, IMO, it is virtually the same situation...

Tubman: Accused of rape, Grand Jury does not indict but school "enforcement" of Title IX provisions forces him out of UK.

Land: Accused of rape, no legal proceedings (yet) but leaves AU either on own accord (possibly under advice from AU, they are obligated to "enforce" Title IX as well). This kid was a 3 year commitment to AU and an early enrollee. I find it hard to believe he is leaving AU without good reason. But if there is legal action supporting a rape charge moving to MS won't make a difference.

Every case stands on its' own but, so far, to me those appear to be pretty similar situations. Not that it really makes any difference, to address your last point on Tubman, I'm not sure he was the player many here thought him to be; he was an average at best player at EKU this past year. All JMO.

I have a choice to believe an official statement from the school or a talk radio discussion about a tweet that has now been taken down. That's a tough choice. [winking] The ITV 247 site (which no one really pays any attention to) still lists his as a TE offer (apparently based his now defunct tweet) but has no discussion thread recognizing UofL's statement.

May I suggest you place me on "ignore"?

Peace

You can suggest ---but naw.

You all are so stupid. In no way did I say they were equal. I said we were win at all cost. Quit throwing rocks when you live in a glass house. Cal is selling UKs basketball soul for wins. You can be OK with it, that's your right, but I'm not.

Well please don't let the door hit you in the butt on your way OUT.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT