ADVERTISEMENT

Louisville.....

Until their "board" tells them to stop it, Jurich never will.....no matter how bad it makes them look, winning is all that matters to him. Every proven reject they accept from other schools is one less player they actually have to go out and recruit and convince them why they should come to that cesspool of a school.

Reactions: greginky1957
I'm not sure what the OP is talking about. Perhaps he can provide us with a link outlining UofL's alleged "recent" offer?

FWIW, the Cards did recruit the kid as a 2016 HS-er but he followed through with a long standing commitment to AU and was an early enrollee at AU last year. To my knowledge that was the end of UofL's association with him. He left AU in September and has now enrolled at Gulf Coast Community College.

Peace

I'm not sure what the OP is talking about. Perhaps he can provide us with a link outlining UofL's alleged "recent" offer?

FWIW, the Cards did recruit the kid as a 2016 HS-er but he followed through with a long standing commitment to AU and was an early enrollee at AU last year. To my knowledge that was the end of UofL's association with him. He left AU in September and has now enrolled at Gulf Coast Community College.

Peace

Some crimes are so bad and obvious that even Transfer U has to go the JC route. There are still a FEW fans in Louisville that don't think winning is everything. But obviously they are badly outnumbered.

Why does UK continue to play this cesspool? Barnhart should immediately cancel all activity with them, as long as Jurich is still there. Wish NCAA would issue show cause against Jurich.

Jason Anderson on ESPN 680 has been ranting about this for an hour. Apparently Louisville offered him last night.

Also see link below. Louisville offered April 24. Kid tweeted out yesterday that Louisville has offered.

http://247sports.com/player/landon-rice-30767
Well, that explains why I missed it. I very seldom frequent ITV and never listen to ESPN radio in Louisville. I guess they scooped everyone with this news. 247 was really earlier on this so maybe Rivals and Scout will pick up on it this week. If the offer is true (I would like to see a second source corroboration of same), it is probably best the Cards miss on him for a second time.

Peace

Well, that explains why I missed it. I very seldom frequent ITV and never listen to ESPN radio in Louisville. I guess they scooped everyone with this news. 247 was really earlier on this so maybe Rivals and Scout will pick up on it this week. If the offer is true (I would like to see a second source corroboration of same), it is probably best the Cards miss on him for a second time.

Peace
UL even hides the offer from their own fans by not allowing any threads to be posted about this rapist they are recruiting. Good ol Bobby can work with this kid. Rick can also advise him with any legal issues. Those two coaches are a couple of moral leaders for any young man with a sexual deviant background.

Reactions: Wall Knight Teague
You all are kidding yourselves. UK is win at all cost too. Look at our basketball team. We're an NBA farm club.

You all are kidding yourselves. UK is win at all cost too. Look at our basketball team. We're an NBA farm club.
We buying high school kids hookers?
We taking rapist transfers?
Our coach bagging mistress on restrauraunt table while asssistant hides under another table?
Our Coach riding a motorcycle with his mistress and hires her with university money then lies about it?
We want to win, but comparing NBA aspirations with ULs cesspool is ridiculous.

After all, Tom Jurich IS the Patron Saint of Second Chances. Just as long as you can help his athletic programs, that is.

Peace

Wildcard, you have been a decent ul fan on here for awhile, how do you feel about this continuing recruiting of kids who have broken many kinds of law or domestic violence to your team? Are you ok with it, and are you ok with bobby continuing to do so?

To paraphrase Otis Gillispie, that's a really bad analogy....

There's ZERO comparison to players leaving early for the NBA and UaVel hiring hookers for recruits, collecting every discarded piece of trash they can from other schools and giving them scholarships, employing a proven cheater (Hurtt), multiple coaches with sex scandals, and shady business practices that may wind up making Hookergate look like they were charged with spending too much on pizza for recruits.

You all are so stupid. In no way did I say they were equal. I said we were win at all cost. Quit throwing rocks when you live in a glass house. Cal is selling UKs basketball soul for wins. You can be OK with it, that's your right, but I'm not.

Reactions: Kentucky31
You all are so stupid. In no way did I say they were equal. I said we were win at all cost. Quit throwing rocks when you live in a glass house. Cal is selling UKs basketball soul for wins. You can be OK with it, that's your right, but I'm not.
How does the fact that Cal recruits the best talent equal winning at all costs? I'm pretty sure there's not a coach alive that doesn't try to get the best players possible. Winning at all costs should be the motto of the UofL athletic dept. Especially in football and basketball because they've demonstrated quite well there isn't much they won't do to accomplish that.

Last edited:
Who is this "we" you speak of?

If you're not happy with UK BB under Coach Cal, please share your enlightened opinion with the posters on Rupp's Rafters, and let us know that turns out.

Good lord, this is one of the dumbest statements I have seen on this board and that says a lot so congrats!!!! Not the biggest fan of one and done myself but UK nor Cal created it.

Reactions: Blueaz and DSmith21
How does the fact that Cal recruits the best talent equal winning at all costs? I'm pretty there's not a coach alive that doesn't try to get the best players possible.
That's right. He's just spouting troll idiocy. "Winning at all costs" means you're willing to cheat or at least act unethically if it increases the chances of winning. Calipari is taking on the rest of the world with 18 year old freshmen, and a new team every year. Sounds to me like he's trying to give them a chance.[winking]

This is absolutely the wrong way to respond. Win at all costs and recruiting the best you can are not even on the same planet. Your logic is terribly flawed and the sooner you come to terms with that the better.

Wildcard, you have been a decent ul fan on here for awhile, how do you feel about this continuing recruiting of kids who have broken many kinds of law or domestic violence to your team? Are you ok with it, and are you ok with bobby continuing to do so?

Poetax, don't hold your breath waiting for a response.

Peace

The kid tweeted out that he was excited to rec an offer from Louisville. That good enough for more corroboration?

Bobby N Turtleneck will continue to recruit from the criminal ranks as long as it can benefit their team. Only a horrible incident like players being shot with their own guns at campus party will put an end to this. Oh wait... never mind.

6a00d8341bf80c53ef015390e305b6970b-320wi.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the kind words Poetax. Yeah, I have posted here at least as much as I have on the Cardinal site and, by their count, just went over the 20,000 post mark.

First of all I have no problem with second chances BUT each instance must stand on its' own. That is to say some offenses certainly deserve a second chance but some do not. As a broad line one might say misdemeanors (especially first time charges) usually deserve a second chance and felonies do not. But any kid lucky enough to get a second chance must fully understand he is on a very tight leash relative to his teammates. Mess up and you are gone.

FWIW, the only 2 UofL second chance guys I recall that really messed up were Willie Williams (Good Lord! 5th, 6th chance?) and the DB who was involved in an armed robbery in VA over the summer (theft in HS but absolutely no problems at UofL until that robbery incident).

I'm not going to dig out the details but, to my recollection, charges were never pressed by the "victim" of Devante Field's alleged "domestic violence". There was a noisy confrontation and a third party called the police. The police report noted a small bruise on the victim but she filed no charges. However, by local law, the report itself mandated an arrest warrant be issued and Fields turned himself in the next day. No charges were filed. The only "problem" with Fields at UofL was that he was not as good last year as expected. [winking]

Anyway, as I said, each instance must stand on its' own.

As for Rice, AL.com has closely followed this situation (see link). The absolutely latest news is that UofL has denied they are recruiting Rice. All in all, the situation with Rice sounds very much like the Tubman situation at UK. This denial was almost certainly in response to yesterday's breaking news by ITV and ESPN 680 that Rice had tweeted he was blessed to have a UofL offer. This tweet is no longer up. Courier link is here.

Peace

If he could pass, run, catch, tackle or block UofSewer would give Manson an offer. And I am not kidding.
charles-manson-06.jpg

Thanks for the kind words Poetax. Yeah, I have posted here at least as much as I have on the Cardinal site and, by their count, just went over the 20,000 post mark.

First of all I have no problem with second chances BUT each instance must stand on its' own. That is to say some offenses certainly deserve a second chance but some do not. As a broad line one might say misdemeanors (especially first time charges) usually deserve a second chance and felonies do not. But any kid lucky enough to get a second chance must fully understand he is on a very tight leash relative to his teammates. Mess up and you are gone.

FWIW, the only 2 UofL second chance guys I recall that really messed up were Willie Williams (Good Lord! 5th, 6th chance?) and the DB who was involved in an armed robbery in VA over the summer (theft in HS but absolutely no problems at UofL until that robbery incident).

I'm not going to dig out the details but, to my recollection, charges were never pressed by the "victim" of Devante Field's alleged "domestic violence". There was a noisy confrontation and a third party called the police. The police report noted a small bruise on the victim but she filed no charges. However, by local law, the report itself mandated an arrest warrant be issued and Fields turned himself in the next day. No charges were filed. The only "problem" with Fields at UofL was that he was not as good last year as expected. [winking]

Anyway, as I said, each instance must stand on its' own.

As for Rice, AL.com has closely followed this situation (see link). The absolutely latest news is that UofL has denied they are recruiting Rice. All in all, the situation with Rice sounds very much like the Tubman situation at UK. This denial was almost certainly in response to yesterday's breaking news by ITV and ESPN 680 that Rice had tweeted he was blessed to have a UofL offer. This tweet is no longer up. Courier link is here.

Peace

Deny, deny, deny, always the best policy.

The bad thing about Willie is that jurich appears to have personally vetted him and found him to be a suitable transfer-------and he probably was acceptable at Transfer U.

Didn't City College deny offering the Florida prospect that impregnated his 12 year old first cousin he was about five years older than (not sure of his age), he was on your commit list for a long time.

And how could they possibly turn down the super star from the Big 12? Although almost every other school in the US did.

How about the multiple transfer NC MVP that didn't bother to go to classes and be eligible for your bowl game, weren't you the only major school that would take him, I think he had one offer from one of the second string Florida schools.

And jurich threw a salary to BP that roughly QUADRUPLED his salary with NO competition for his services, and then compounded the felony by awarding him a FIVE HUNDRED THOUSAND THOUSAND bonus for the APR he had little to nothing to do with when the normal bonus is $50,000--------someone should look into whether kickbacks were involved in both those mishandling of the students support of athletics-------which they don't have a choice in. And of course he joined the only other self admitted adulterer (and abortionist) I know of making millions a year while influencing young men.

And thanks, a new one in Virginia, I thought you were talking about this one:

http://www.thecardinalconnect.com/f...backer-arrested-charged-with-seven-robberies/
Pretty hard to overlook that one, and in another story looks like he was enabled in his spree because he was a football hero (MVP in BPs first big bowl win I believe) because In another story I believe he received probation and a ridiculous bond ($5,000?) for earlier robberies. Note that he had an armed robbery in high school and the article says you were one of the FEW schools to offer him even after starring in JC. Oh, and he has pleaded not guilty to all of them, like I said, deny, deny, deny, but good luck to him with that one.

Lots more to cover but just more of the same, (and I didn't even mention the biggest crime of all, hurtt) but I do have a question for you since you live in Louisville, do you have a better explanation of the two football players being shot and nothing about it for months, my theory is that a flying saucer landed on the roof and escaped all the cameras and everyone knows about all the kidnappings by the little green men where no one remembers anything. What is your theory, maybe you could check with the LMPD as a concerned citizen--------then again maybe you don't want to know what happened.

To bring up the Tubman case is asinine, UK showed how opposite they are from your school in that situatiion-------he really had a lot of potential.

And believe it or not, I am a fan of your info and believe you are a UK fan, just way behind your first choice, which has really emerged with their success.

Last edited:
Reactions: wyldecat
ADVERTISEMENT