ADVERTISEMENT

Louisville vs Kentucky excitement

Maybe in your mind but not mine.
Game is in Louisville. This is obviously not last yrs historically bad U of L team. They have a recruit in Sky Clark that committed to UK before flipping to the Cards.
UK is coming off an emotionally charged tight game v another arch rival that we won.
The whole Kenny Payne angle is not advantageous for UK either.
Im jot saying UK will lose but in these rivalry games you better be ready.
U of L also has the revenge factor over UK from last year’s blowout.
Dont be naive; we are everyones SB esp U of Ls!

Game is in Louisville. This is obviously not last yrs historically bad U of L team. They have a recruit in Sky Clark that committed to UK before flipping to the Cards.
UK is coming off an emotionally charged tight game v another arch rival that we won.

Crazier things have happened....

Season 3 Nevermind GIF by The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air

Clark flipped to Illinois then transferred to UofL. And yes this years UofL team is pretty epically bad and not far off last years teams pace. They are awful. Beating a Pepperdine team that hasn’t won a true road game since 2021, 30 games to be exact, is not an indication they have taken the next steps. They are likely still in the midst of a single digit win season once conference play starts. Revenge, LoL. They need to figure out how to stop Wagner from driving to the basket before they consider any Revenge factor. There’s only two guys on that squad who even played last year. It’s going to be another beat down.

1983, 1984, 1986 off the charts.

Early 2000's after Rick went to Louisville off the charts.

2012 highest ever. 2014 still high.

2023 lowest ever by far.

My wife bought what were supposed to be tickets to UK/Louieville as part of Christmas gift for '21-'22 season and Uavill backed out with the vaunted Covid outbreak..

WKU replacement turned out to be great and got Oscar's record breaker.

That said, knew rivalry was pretty much dead at that point.

Personally I LOVE how far U-6 has fallen and hope there are depths for them to plummet still. Worst fan base in all of sports. They deserve everything they are getting and so much more.
I don't want good games between us. I want embarrassing bloodbaths. L's down forever!

OIP.bLEap9axAnju-yJ7aX7r0gHaEK

Last edited:
When I was younger this was the one game I wanted to win most, in any sport. I'd write lineup comparisons...months before the season even started. I would get nervous as the game approached on the schedule. The feeling of relief when we won lasted six hours and was replaced by joy for a week.

I haven't watched a full UK-U of L game in years. It's gone from fighting your little brother who is the same size as you to fighting your kid brother who is 10 years younger than you.

I see no mention of Louisville being burnt to the ground because of what happened under Pitino. It's not his fault that their program is a joke now? ............while he got away scott free or the most part.

Last edited:
Personally I LOVE how far U-6 has fallen and hope there are depths for them to plummet still. Worst fan base in all of sports. They deserve everything they are getting and so much more.
I don't want good games between us. I want embarrassing bloodbaths. L's down forever!

OIP.bLEap9axAnju-yJ7aX7r0gHaEK
That kid's parents raising him right.

Reactions: University-6
The problem I have with the game, with the tables turned as they are, is UK has everything to lose but nothing to gain outside of bragging rights, which are inherent anyway given the state of the rosters/programs.

UL, despite a true road game for us, is a Quad 4 game tonight. Bad loss if we lose (worse than UNC-W), cupcake win if we win, from a resume standpoint.

It "should" be a quality win on either side, but UL can't hang...

Reactions: RunninRichie
I’m nervous about it actually. Louisville has played its best against power conference opponents. Texas, IU, VT, etc…

Could be a lot closer than we think today.

I say just get the W and move up in the rankings and keep working toward a high seed.

Reactions: Blouman
I’m nervous about it actually. Louisville has played its best against power conference opponents. Texas, IU, VT, etc…

Could be a lot closer than we think today.

I say just get the W and move up in the rankings and keep working toward a high seed.
To be fair, IU isn't that good and Texas is overrated.

Tubby's first season we were the Nat'l Champs but lost at home
to a UL team that ended up with a losing record. The conventional
wisdom was a blow out in our favor and it appeared our players
took it for granted. I hope our guys today are dialed in or a
repeat could happen.

he actually had a stop at Illinois first before UL
i believe he was a Justus recruit that felt like at UK he was going to have too much competition so he reopened his recruitment

Reactions: ganner918
Cat fans might be able to get in some last-minute Christmas shopping if needed and catch some of this one on their smart phones. (lol) I think it’s gonna be ugly for the Cards. And I agree 100% with the prevailing wisdom, whether Louisville is in the top 10 or the bottom 300 that’s their issue. Kentucky’s job is to kick their ass not help their program and nothing should take away from your enjoyment of a good ole stomping of a hated rival if it happens tonight.

Have liked what I’ve seen of Kentucky so far. I think it’s gonna be a fun year overall for the BBN. Was very impressed with the competitiveness against Kansas, despite having all those injuries. UNCW, still injury factors and every now and then some crazy ass game like that is going to happen. I think the real Kentucky team this year is the one that destroyed Miami and beat a really good Carolina team the other day..

Reactions: Texcat59
I'm always excited to watch UK play. Sometimes by halftime or end game that excitement has went down the toilet but very excited to beat ULs ass hopefully.

I do agree it is better when both teams in a rivalry are good. That said, ain't no one on here wanting UL, UNC, Duke, KU, UCLA, UT, IU, etc, to win any game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT