ADVERTISEMENT

Louisville next coach, I hope

I was rooting for Little Pitino. Oh well. That would have been a lot of fun.

Now, I've told those Rock Heads who to hire but they haven't listened. F those clowns. We try and help them out and they continue to roll around in pig slop. Idiots.

UofL <<< 🤣 I'll tell you one last time, Hire the Calipari Slayer...CTC!

Basically Nate Oats lite
Pretty accurate description, really. He’s similarly committed to running an analytics based offense, he just doesn’t currently have Oats’ track record of winning in a major conference. We’ll have to see if he can recruit at the level he’ll likely need to in order to carry the success he’s had at Winthrop and Charleston over to Louisville, but I’d at least say he’s an intriguing hire for them if he does end up being the guy.

Reactions: EliteBlue
UL should have kept Chris Mack... they'd be far better off right now.

Oh how the Little Brother has fallen.... Scott Drew to COC Kelsey coach.

Reactions: Ky grandpa
It’s obvious Louisville is waiting for more teams to lose or cal be fired to go after who they want.

I thought the "analytics" craze had died out. The follow-up years following Moneyball showed that the success of that team had been [pause for effect] a statistical anomaly. The team quickly subsided to mediocrity.

Don't know. Don't follow baseball.

Reactions: Fox2monk
I kinda think it‘s hysterical that Louisville was so terrified of failing that they fire the 6’6” quiet black guy and hire a 5’5” loudmouth white guy.

I thought the "analytics" craze had died out. The follow-up years following Moneyball showed that the success of that team had been [pause for effect] a statistical anomaly. The team quickly subsided to mediocrity.

In baseball, it’s more like the “analytics craze” completely took over. Now every single team has an analytics department and it’s no longer a particular advantage to the cheapskate A’s.

It still feels like more of a new development in college basketball, probably because college programs are almost entirely run by the head coach rather than a separate front office, and a lot of current coaches are still fairly old school. We’re starting to see it more as a younger generation of coaches moves up the ranks though.

Reactions: Nuke99m
I wouldn’t leave Charleston to move to Louisville personally….but money talks.

If I was making as little a 1m yearly I’d be content at a “make the tournament and we are all happy” school
Is Louisville Democr or Repub? I was raised there and I thought except for certain areas it seemed safe, clean and "good feeling". Maybe things have changed a lot since I moved away.

I actually don't mind the hire if I was a UofL fan... but I don't have the same sky high expectations they do.

They actually think they are a blue blood.

Nah analytics are all over sports now and they aren’t going anywhere. The A’s had to do something different because you can’t compete with their payroll.

Reactions: CrimsonCats
Is Louisville Democr or Repub? I was raised there and I thought except for certain areas it seemed safe, clean and "good feeling". Maybe things have changed a lot since I moved away.i
Some people like it.

I was mainly coming from the Charleston side of things. Charleston is one of, if not the nicest, Southern Cities. You’re on the coast, 1.5 hours from Savannah GA, 3ish hours to St Augustine, and Tampa is a day drive for a nice weekend trip.

Dont know what his life looks like but if I had millions in the bank and a family already, im
Choosing the quality of life. And you’re at a program with job security. Just make the tournament every other year and you could be there until you retire….and you’re already living in a retirement destination coaching at the level where you can do a little more roster building dodge a lot of the modern CBB mess to an extent.

Now if a blueblood came calling, or Texas if Austin is you thing, or if they want to go live in San Diego/LA then alright. But it would be hard for me to leave Charleston for the mess that is UL basketball

Is Louisville Democr or Repub? I was raised there and I thought except for certain areas it seemed safe, clean and "good feeling". Maybe things have changed a lot since I moved away.
Depends on so many things. Our daughter lives in an area that's dominated by recent immigrants. 2nd safest area in the city. Areas just west of Belknap -- where Mitch McConnell lives -- has a lot of property crime. One of our daughter's best friends lives in that ancient 19th century neighborhood around the School for the Blind. She's a judge and could live anywhere in the city she wanted to. A sister of mine, before she died, lived in that poor area just north of UofL. Never had a whisper of a problem. Impoverished areas anywhere are going to seem scary to some.

This may end up being an ok hire. But it’s hilarious watching UL fans and media try to spin this like he wasn’t their 12th choice and was the plan the entire time.

Pathetic and awesome

Reactions: CrimsonCats
Kelsey is a good guy. I lived in Rock Hill for several years when Marshall and Kelsey coached Winthrop. Kelsey went to the same church we did. My son went to his basketball camps. The guy has passion and is very well spoken. Whoever is playing UL is my second favorite team and that will not change but Pat Kelsey is a good dude. Time will tell if he can coach at the P5 level but I wouldn’t bet against him.

Reactions: Skyguyb27
Depends on so many things. Our daughter lives in an area that's dominated by recent immigrants. 2nd safest area in the city. Areas just west of Belknap -- where Mitch McConnell lives -- has a lot of property crime. One of our daughter's best friends lives in that ancient 19th century neighborhood around the School for the Blind. She's a judge and could live anywhere in the city she wanted to. A sister of mine, before she died, lived in that poor area just north of UofL. Never had a whisper of a problem. Impoverished areas anywhere are going to seem scary to some.
There are bad areas in Louisville and I’ve been to the worst. Mainly act like you have some sense, keep and eye out and you will usually be fine. Obviously you can’t predict what will happen but if always packing just in case.

Took my wife to the Pumpkin Park or whatever it’s called in Louisville last year and to say we were in some sketchy areas is an understatement. The worst neighborhood I’ve ever been thru is in Cincinnati tho. Straight up war zone!

• Haha
Reactions: 55wildcat
Took my wife to the Pumpkin Park or whatever it’s called in Louisville last year and to say we were in some sketchy areas is an understatement. The worst neighborhood I’ve ever been thru is in Cincinnati tho. Straight up war zone!
That's Iroquois Park. If you think it bad, you live in a bubble. Literally nothing wrong with that area.

• Haha
Reactions: 55wildcat
There are bad areas in Louisville and I’ve been to the worst. Mainly act like you have some sense, keep and eye out and you will usually be fine. Obviously you can’t predict what will happen but if always packing just in case.
The area north of the Louisville campus is Old Louisville, home of the most Victorian-era houses in the country. Definitely not "poor".

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT