ADVERTISEMENT

Louisville infractions report at 11am

Said on local news that ul has 45 days to show the ncaa the games in which ineligible players were involved. So, we won't know for sure until then.

Doesn't matter if the banner comes down or not, the sanctions CRIPPLE the program for YEARS to come. [banana]

Said on local news that ul has 45 days to show the ncaa the games in which ineligible players were involved. So, we won't know for sure until then.
Not sure how that makes any sense whatsoever.
How does the NCAA levy ANY penalties regarding impermissible benefits without;
a) knowing which student-athletes received them
b) knowing which games those student-athletes played in

I come in relative peace. Ironically came here because I thought you would be quicker to discuss than many UofL boards, lol.

My understanding - from Louisville folks - is that even the University is unclear on what the vacation of wins means. I am told it will be clarifies during the noon NCAA press conference.

I always liked Pervis Ellison.

If Memphis played one "ineligible" player (no actual proof) and they had to give up their whole season worth of wins, what happens to UL who will have played multiple ineligible players during the 2013 season? If the NCAA is consistent at all (which we know they aren't), there is no way in hell they can keep the 2013 title and the banner will have to come down.

UL has already weathered the storm of this mess. And they have a strong team this year recruited. I don't think this cripples them going forward.

Reactions: UKUGA
UL fans saying they get to pick the games. Doubt it's a case where they can cherry pick games and avoid the tourney games. If a player is ineligible for any game during a season, he's ineligible for the tourney.

Reactions: UKWildcatT
Not sure how that makes any sense whatsoever.
How does the NCAA levy ANY penalties regarding impermissible benefits without;
a) knowing which student-athletes received them
b) knowing which games those student-athletes played in
Exactly. They should know who was involved, and there's documented proof of who played and when. Why do they need anything else from UL?

Alright, one case settled and punishment handed down. When does the ball get rolling on the systemic corruption?

By the time the Cards get off probation for this round, the findings of the newest scandal should just be coming out and sanctions more severe than what they just got could be coming down the pipe.

050999a.jpg

Reactions: JStaff2187
The NCAA is allowing the UofL to self report playing games with players it must now acknowledge as ineligible. This allows UofL to pull the banner down itself. There is no doubt and is recorded who was on the floor that makes a game be vacated. If UofL self admits to the games...it keeps the NCAA from being sued. Formality. The banners, F4 and NatChampionship are GOOOOOOOONNNNNNE.

LOL go read the cards fans other site. Its hilarious

"Really made us ban ourselves from the tournament for absolutely no reason. Ruined some careers for some players on that team, all for nothing. Complete BS."

As if any of this qualifies as "Nothing"

Its the second most severe punishment the NCAA can dish out.

The NCAA is allowing the UofL to self report playing games with players it must now acknowledge as ineligible. This allows UofL to pull the banner down itself. There is no doubt and is recorded who was on the floor that makes a game be vacated. If UofL self admits to the games...it keeps the NCAA from being sued. Formality. The banners, F4 and NatChampionship are GOOOOOOOONNNNNNE.

You have a nearly immeasurable value to this board.

If Memphis played one "ineligible" player (no actual proof) and they had to give up their whole season worth of wins, what happens to UL who will have played multiple ineligible players during the 2013 season? If the NCAA is consistent at all (which we know they aren't), there is no way in hell they can keep the 2013 title and the banner will have to come down.
Great points.

this banner better come down. if not I cringe at the sh*t show that will be the UNC punishments (girls field hockey will get the death penalty and mens basketball will get unlimited coke and moon pies)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT