ADVERTISEMENT

Louisville finally offers JJ Traynor

I figured they were going to offer him soon since they have missed on every other recruit. I hope Cal offers him soon, I'd love to have another high upside KY kid on the team.

I figured they were going to offer him soon since they have missed on every other recruit. I hope Cal offers him soon, I'd love to have another high upside KY kid on the team.
Graf mentioned on the podcast that there was a possibility that Traynor was going to be back in Lexington for the Blue-White game. We'll see if that happens now that UL pulled the trigger.

I hope we offer
I hate seeing two in-state high D-1 players go to other schools but lets face it Cal took six years before he offered Kentuckian Dontaie Allen. It's not his MO. Traynor is going to be an early signee so we'll know soon enough how it turns out.

Reactions: Ky grandpa
I just don't think he'll be willing to wait long enough to get the offer. We've got Ware (and Fletcher in some spots) committed, and are pursuing Brown, Jackson, Banchero and Kuminga who would all play his Traynor's "spot" next year.

Obviously we won't get all of those guys, but we also can't expect him to sign behind three players at his own position. *We* know his time is down the road, but does he? It's hard to sell waiting two seasons to break the rotation at Kentucky when other major programs have immediate starting roles or heavy PT.

I just don't think he'll be willing to wait long enough to get the offer. We've got Ware (and Fletcher in some spots) committed, and are pursuing Brown, Jackson, Banchero and Kuminga who would all play his Traynor's "spot" next year.

Obviously we won't get all of those guys, but we also can't expect him to sign behind three players at his own position. *We* know his time is down the road, but does he? It's hard to sell waiting two seasons to break the rotation at Kentucky when other major programs have immediate starting roles or heavy PT.
Yep, takes a special kind of player willing to wait.

JJ needs time to develop his body and skills. UK is his best proven bet to a pro career. U6 didn’t get his dad there. JJ could be a Darius Miller type who develops and makes it at his home state flagship u and becomes a hero

Reactions: awf and Ky grandpa
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT