ADVERTISEMENT

Looks like the GOT Prequel is getting the full woke treatment

I never understood the desire to add diversity to Middle Ages-Northern European based films. Granted this is some other fantasy world where there are dragons and other crap, but there weren’t a lot of black dudes up in what is now Scotland, Germany or Norway.

Pretty sure Scotland, Norway, and Germany were *not* countries in the completely fictitious, made up world of Game of Thrones.

Reactions: Mossip
Pretty sure Scotland, Norway, and Germany were *not* countries in the completely fictitious, made up world of Game of Thrones.
Lmao, that’s why necrophilic midget transgender black magic casters thrive in GOT. Use your imagination!

The more I hear about this show, I'm starting to think it may make sense to implement this wacky progressive PC religion in a fictional tale of freaks, monsters, and a warped, bullshit society. Could be a perfect fit. Makes more sense than here in reality.

But why change it now?

Could say the GoT world was altered by a cosmic ray from the sudden re-ignition of nuclear fusion in a degenerate white dwarf gravitationally collapsing into a non-binary supernova ... or some shit.

And here's the thing about it...I hope it's good, but if it happens to be bad, not for what's mentioned, maybe it's just bad. Then ppl will claim you're just saying that bc you're a sexist bigot or something. Even if it has nothing to do with it.

Like remember when the all chick Ghostbusters came out and it turned out it was just a straight ass movie regardless, yet you're sexist if you said so. Same thing will happen here.

Last edited:
Reactions: PhDcat2018
I'm not surprised and just assumed this would be the case. After all, the final season of the original almost surely completely changed the hero of the story to a girl.

And here's the thing about it...I hope it's good, but if it happens to be bad, not for what's mentioned, maybe it's just bad. Then ppl will claim you're just saying that bc you're a sexist bigot or something. Even if it has nothing to do with it.

Like remember when the all chick Ghostbusters came out and it turned out it was just a straight ass movie regardless, yet you're sexist if you said so. Same thing will happen here.
And of course, because that happened with Ghostbusters, it’s automatically going to happen with every form of entertainment in existence, right? That’s how it works. One reaction for everything…

You also forgot to mention that grown ass men online (Reddit and other places) did act like man-children during that time because they weren’t getting the movie they wanted. Never mind the fact that it was because Murray just didn’t want to do a sequel. It was because “ugh women!” and “stupid MeToo!” according to many grown nerds online.

I had no interest in the female version, but both men and women acted like jackasses with that version. Don’t just mention one side.

George R.R. Martin explicitly based the books on medieval Europe and the geography of his fictional world generally matches what was known about the Earth by the intellectuals in medieval Europe.

Reactions: PhDcat2018
I’m watching GOT for the first time. Up to season 6.

The whole show is about powerful girls and dudes getting their wiener cut off.

The sex stuff went away kinda abruptly. I think that was a plan to suck dudes in real quick, and then…bam, cutting wieners off.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: chroix
The more I hear about this show, I'm starting to think it may make sense to implement this wacky progressive PC religion in a fictional tale of freaks, monsters, and a warped, bullshit society. Could be a perfect fit. Makes more sense than here in reality.

But why change it now?

Could say the GoT world was altered by a cosmic ray from the sudden re-ignition of nuclear fusion in a degenerate white dwarf gravitationally collapsing into a non-binary supernova ... or some shit.

Who hurt you?

You must think the show needs some critical race theory, preferred pronouns and the whole woke lunatic agenda. That did wonders to make ESPN better. Maybe they could just tell us a good story that doesn't push a current day political agenda.
Naw, man. I don't at all. I am not a defender of that stuff, but I am not offended by it either. If someone want to give me their pronouns, I'm not going to worry about it or get pissed off. It's fine by me.

Without looking, as Brian Regan says, “no compliment is followed on social media by ‘just say’n.’”
One of the all-time funniest stand-up comedians ever. I think I've seen the "I walked on the moon" set 20 times. He gets the ultimate compliment from other comics...nobody wants to follow his set.

One of the all-time funniest stand-up comedians ever. I think I've seen the "I walked on the moon" set 20 times. He gets the ultimate compliment from other comics...nobody wants to follow his set.
He has been awesome for years. Just watched his Red Rocks show. Hilarious.

Reactions: Bank Cat
I love most of the first six seasons of GoT. After "The Battle of the Bastards", though, it all meanders so pointlessly that I passed on the last half of season eight. So I'll probably pass on the new show too.

The Long Night.

Season 8, Episode 3. I've never seen a more intense, thrilling hour of television. They could have just ended the whole thing right there, imho.

Reactions: parrott and JDHoss
The Long Night.

Season 8, Episode 3. I've never seen a more intense, thrilling hour of television. They could have just ended the whole thing right there, imho.

For me, it did end there. I didn't watch a single episode past that one.

Reactions: hmt5000
I love most of the first six seasons of GoT. After "The Battle of the Bastards", though, it all meanders so pointlessly that I passed on the last half of season eight. So I'll probably pass on the new show too.
I'm at S6 E3 and I can feel it turning...

The pace has picked up, and I feel like they're cramming to get all the loose ends tied up.

I'd like to know what the books are like (without reading them...) so I can know if some of the storylines are stupid or not. For example, this Arya stuff is very stupid and rushed. I guess they had to get the lil Many Faced God stuff in there, so they shoehorned it in and got it done.

Sort of the same with the religious cult people....High Sparrow. Really rushed that thing.

The show has been a great slow burn...and then well, I guess they realized they couldn't continue that for however many seasons it would take, and they had to wrap it up.

I’m watching GOT for the first time. Up to season 6.

The whole show is about powerful girls and dudes getting their wiener cut off.

The sex stuff went away kinda abruptly. I think that was a plan to suck dude’s in real quick, and then…bam, cutting wieners off.

If I recall, that was a big negotiating point from female cast members. The books were much more salacious.

Even cersei's walk of shame (yes it has historical origins similar to what another poster pointed out) was a weird CGI replacement of her face on someone else's body.

97e.jpg

The show rushes to the finish and it might leave a bit of a sour taste in your mouth, but there was also a gross overreaction to it as well. A petition was even created by hardcore’s wanting HBO to redo the final season.

Seems like the show runners just wanted it to end as the series, world, and every episode just became such a massive undertaking. Martin didn’t help matters as he practically stopped writing the rest of the series and left the details up to them.

Mashburned, I'd stop watching after Season 6. Seriously.

No. I'm here for the entire ride. I guess I wanna see exactly how bad it gets...

I already know spoilers. Hell this things been out for ages now, and I've caught bits and pieces just channel surfing. I've seen the very end already.

If I recall, that was a big negotiating point from female cast members. The books were much more salacious.

Even cersei's walk of shame (yes it has historical origins similar to what another poster pointed out) was a weird CGI replacement of her face on someone else's body.

Yea, I was surprised when she walked out butt naked. I sort of assumed it wasn't really her.

The series got better, or really hit it's stride somewhere around 3rd season, I believe. It evened out, there were much less RIDICULOUS sex scenes that made the show downright corny. Arya and The Hound really stole the show during it's peak.

Reactions: bigblueinsanity
Yea, I was surprised when she walked out butt naked. I sort of assumed it wasn't really her.

The series got better, or really hit it's stride somewhere around 3rd season, I believe. It evened out, there were much less RIDICULOUS sex scenes that made the show downright corny. Arya and The Hound really stole the show during it's peak.

Just off memory that was probably also about the time the show probably got a huge boost in budget due to popularity. Season 1 dire wolves looked really weird for example.

While reading the books, the king and then ned stark situation pulled you in immediately then basically had to wait till the khal Drogo situation to unfold (end of the book). From there it was more or less developing more of it's plethora of characters until the red wedding.

So probably a few reasons the show really exploded when it did imo

Just off memory that was probably also about the time the show probably got a huge boost in budget due to popularity. Season 1 dire wolves looked really weird for example.

While reading the books, the king and then ned stark situation pulled you in immediately then basically had to wait till the khal Drogo situation to unfold (end of the book). From there it was more or less developing more of it's plethora of characters until the red wedding.

So probably a few reasons the show really exploded when it did imo
I’m still traumatized by the red wedding.

Reactions: bigblueinsanity
No. I'm here for the entire ride. I guess I wanna see exactly how bad it gets...

I already know spoilers. Hell this things been out for ages now, and I've caught bits and pieces just channel surfing. I've seen the very end already.

Just remember how flammable wights are. Every season they show them get touched by a flame and they go up like they are covered in diesel fuel... Then when you get to the "long night" episode in season 8, pay attn to how the wights get by a pit of flame... It's interesting.

Turns out the OP was right. 10 minutes into the series, the King's brother is pounding a prostitute from behind, doggystyle, clearly symbolizing the woke sex positive nonsense that's destroying every fabric of our current society. You had the Queen being sliced open by doctors during an unsuccessful childbirth, and they were eventually set on fire by the family's best dragon, basically promoting the current pro-abortion wokeness. Completely gratuitous violence, murder, a huge orgy scene....woke, woke, woke. Just one big liberal, unwatchable, pro-Democrat propaganda wokefest.

Just remember how flammable wights are. Every season they show them get touched by a flame and they go up like they are covered in diesel fuel... Then when you get to the "long night" episode in season 8, pay attn to how the wights get by a pit of flame... It's interesting.

It was believable, and made sense. What do you think is going to happen when you pile up hundreds of corpses on top of a fire?

GoT is dope. I just finished it. The ending was great.

I will say this…the “very” end was almost a parody. They should’ve just cut that silly stuff out and probably just ended it with the dragon burning the throne.

However, the main ending to the story was well done. It was what you expected based on how they led up to it all. With one twist.

John Snow is racist. Killed first minute of the show.

The castles are now handy capable for the midget.

khaleesi finally makes loves to all 1 million people of color who are being suppressed by white supremacy.

lots of gays, lots of lesbians, tons of transgenders.

Looking for forward to it!
Are they any Transdragons breathing fire on all straight white men?

Reactions: JumperJack
I thought about this thread after watching the first episode and can't stress enough just how pointless the linked article is. Predictable clickbait to get the rubes riled up so they act like angered sheep and decide weeks in advance to not watch a show they may enjoy. Apparently it's woke to have a black character with a bit of power and influence and strong female characters now. Odd thing is, those types of characters were also in Game of Thrones. Guess Thrones was woke before woke was even a thing. It certainly didn't go broke though.

Reactions: JDHoss and GeraldV
It was believable, and made sense. What do you think is going to happen when you pile up hundreds of corpses on top of a fire?

GoT is dope. I just finished it. The ending was great.

I will say this…the “very” end was almost a parody. They should’ve just cut that silly stuff out and probably just ended it with the dragon burning the throne.

However, the main ending to the story was well done. It was what you expected based on how they led up to it all. With one twist.
OK. Well start a fire and try to put it out by throwing paper towels covered in diesel fuel on it. Report back how that goes.

I thought about this thread after watching the first episode and can't stress enough just how pointless the linked article is. Predictable clickbait to get the rubes riled up so they act like angered sheep and decide weeks in advance to not watch a show they may enjoy. Apparently it's woke to have a black character with a bit of power and influence and strong female characters now. Odd thing is, those types of characters were also in Game of Thrones. Guess Thrones was woke before woke was even a thing. It certainly didn't go broke though.
I was thinking the opposite...it ended up being normal and ppl went out of there way before hand for it to say why woke was great if it was. Lol.

Also, Who cared there was a black dude... unless Salon or Vox found 2 unverified twitter accounts in the ether of twitter who did and claimed there was some sort of backlash...its some made up thing to claim ppl are complaining in a world of 7 billion

Last edited:
I liked Game of Thrones, at least up until the last season.. but I don't know if I NEED more Game of Thrones. I get the sense that this was sort of a once in a life time story that won't be replicated.. and it will likely get the Star Wars treatment where everything is just a mediocre cash-grab.

I always prefer dramas that take place in the real world. The Wire, Breaking Bad, etc. And Pete Holmes nails it.

Says a guy wearing lipstick...

I was thinking the opposite...it ended up being normal and ppl went out of there way before hand for it to say why woke was great if it was. Lol.

Also, Who cared there was a black dude... unless Salon or Vox found 2 unverified twitter accounts in the ether of twitter who did and claimed there was some sort of backlash...its some made up thing to claim ppl are complaining in a world of 7 billion
Correct, it was relatively normal for the Thrones universe, which is why people shouldn’t assume or complain before they’ve seen a single episode and shows why the article and this thread were pointless to begin with. Want to see goofy hand wringing from people with too much time on their hands? Read some of the responses here from a while back and the comments from the article. Just a made-up controversy for the rubes to latch on to and whine about.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT