ADVERTISEMENT

Looking toward 2023-24 season?

LOL at anyone that thinks a bunch of freshmen are going to do anything great next year. We have the wrong coach for that.
Heck, unless one of these kids is AD level, I see another 10+ loss season.
The college game is so much more physical and structured offensively than what these kids play in HS and especially AAU. Cal doesn’t have the coaching ability to overcome that.

You can never count on an NC with any team. The one and done of the tourney assures upsets.

But will UK be in the hunt for an NC next year? Yes.

• Haha
Reactions: blue woman
History tells me no, they won't win it all.

You need some key returning experience that has some ncaa tournament winning success as well. We wont have that.

Reactions: blue woman
The best case is make ncaa this yr , get this class and make a run next yr and cal retires . Worst is no tourney, he takes the Texas gig after they fire Beard as a soft landing spot and takes the class with him , minus Wagner who goes to Louisville, and shephard who does come here . Wagner boosts UL and Payne gets some portal guys with him and takes off …while we don’t get who we want to coach , and basically don’t have a recruiting class for next year

I think it can work, just like some preior years.. BUT, one or maybe two of these guys need to be top10 type lottery picks for it to happen. And we'd need one of those to be a top3-4 type talent.

I have more hope for Cal with a bunch of talented Freshmen.

Cal has proven he can win with elite talent.

Average experienced players haven’t really helped him.

Of course, the best formula is talented and experienced players.

But if Cal can only have one or the other, he needs athletes. He needs talent.

Sadly top Freshman aren't what they use to be. Top 5 even 10 guys use to be can't miss but we are far from the Walls, AD, Fox days. Rankings can't be trusted like they use to. The last 3-4 years it really seems different everywhere.

For next years team to be special you need good holdovers. Oscar, Wallace and Livingston but I doubt one of them come back. 2012 Darius was a huge part of that teams success. We don't see that kind of talent stick around anymore just role players and projects.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT