ADVERTISEMENT

Looking to re-do home theater

maxresdefault.jpg

This pic made me miss my grandparents.

Reactions: funKYcat75
We moved into our place about 8 years ago and it still has all of the original electronics (including one of the first HDTVs that came out it seems). Looking to re-do everything in my mancave to get it up to date. Really looking for ideas here as I'm no expert in electronics.

If you have any suggestions on type of flat-screen to get (want to mount it to our wall), best receiver, best DVD player, best surround sound speaker set-up (assume should go with wired as opposed to some type of soundbar set-up?) would love to hear it! I also plan to replace the existing sectional that came with the house with a nice new movie-style black leather set.

Also, if there are any suggestions on companies that can actually re-design the entertainment center itself, I'd love to hear. I probably just need to find a local handyman for that (live close to Chicago). But, I definitely need to add some drywall to be able to mount the new TV and need to better design the set-up of the shelves. Thanks for any ideas!
Get you some Solis speakers or maybe it's Solus. They are fabulous.

Had the LG OLED C7P and haven’t had a single issue and the picture is stunning. Haven’t had burn in issue at all... I honestly want to know how people do have that issue.
Yeah, looking at 65” C8 and this years Sony. I used to really be into that stuff (have a Panny 65ZT60 in another room that is freaking gold) but see the burn in chatter here and there on OLED too now that I’ve been looking.

Will prolly pull the trigger.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT