ADVERTISEMENT

Long-time listener, first-time caller

Apr 9, 2024
I'm sure anyone new to the board is going to draw some suspicion at this particular junction in time, so I'm putting my bona fides out there. My father was a Professor at UK from the early 70s through the mid 80s, so I have been watching the Cats for over 50 years now. I was a somewhat frequent (and unwilling) visitor to the campus with him during the summer season, which put me in occasional proximity to the players on an otherwise barren campus landscape. I had some wonderful experiences crossing paths with various players through the years (Sam Bowie was probably the nicest of them FWIW). Although we left Lexington around '86, my heart stayed with UK; I try to get to Lex about every 5 years to see a game. I finally decided to become a posting member of this board because I don't think I'm going to make it through the next few few days (weeks?) without some moral support. Was that a credible intoduction? Or am I a troll :)

belly-laughing-troll-figurine-cute-trolls.jpg

I'm sure anyone new to the board is going to draw some suspicion at this particular junction in time, so I'm putting my bona fides out there. My father was a Professor at UK from the early 70s through the mid 80s, so I have been watching the Cats for over 50 years now. I was a somewhat frequent (and unwilling) visitor to the campus with him during the summer season, which put me in occasional proximity to the players on an otherwise barren campus landscape. I had some wonderful experiences crossing paths with various players through the years (Sam Bowie was probably the nicest of them FWIW). Although we left Lexington around '86, my heart stayed with UK; I try to get to Lex about every 5 years to see a game. I finally decided to become a posting member of this board because I don't think I'm going to make it through the next few few days (weeks?) without some moral support. Was that a credible intoduction? Or am I a troll :)
Can you tell us when Billy D will make his announcement?

Reactions: WildcatsAndBourbon
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT