ADVERTISEMENT

Local update on Zion Williamson, who is expected to wait till spring to sign

Deep contusion? So he had a deep bruise? That's what kept him off the court?

And I was led to believe this guy was some ferlcious beast...

MKG, Townes, Ullis, PPat, And Boogie are a few guys I can think of that would laugh at this.

Smart take.
Being a firefighter/paramedic I don't have much sympathy for an athlete not participating because they had a bruise. Sue me.

Deep contusions are more serious in people 30+ to 40+ especially in joints where the joints mobility will be constricted by the pooling of blood, and hematomas can form. A young (16-17) athletic teenager is not someone who normally suffers these debilitating side effects. If he got a hematoma that would be understandable. But given his athleticism and age that is extremely unlikely.

Deep contusion? So he had a deep bruise? That's what kept him off the court?

And I was led to believe this guy was some ferlcious beast...

MKG, Townes, Ullis, PPat, And Boogie are a few guys I can think of that would laugh at this.
What a stupid a** post. You can't even spell Towns name correctly.

Took a ferocious knee to the thigh in high school, could barely walk for like a week. One of the worst pains I have ever felt. Felt like my damn femur was snapped in half.

Being a firefighter/paramedic I don't have much sympathy for an athlete not participating because they had a bruise. Sue me.

Deep contusions are more serious in people 30+ to 40+ especially in joints where the joints mobility will be constricted by the pooling of blood, and hematomas can form. A young (16-17) athletic teenager is not someone who normally suffers these debilitating side effects. If he got a hematoma that would be understandable. But given his athleticism and age that is extremely unlikely.
Ah, but you see, no one said you should have sympathy for him. His legs might be worth $20+ million in just two years. I'm sure you can see why he would be overly cautious.

Fire Fighter "tough guys" are the absolute worst.

I used to play music with three firemen. They were not tough guys by any means. it was just their job.....

Reactions: kyboy1998
dd9586faff272818581fc87b624d05ed.jpg

I'm a green beret in the special forces. Firefighters are the biggest wimps.

Zion is waiting to see what the UK quartet of forwards does.

If half of them leave - as expected - Cal will land this kid.

I'm a green beret in the special forces. Firefighters are the biggest wimps.
And I have friends in the navy seals that say the same about the green berets.

Only thing is they don't get on a message boards to talk trash.

Question: how many fires have you been in?

Reactions: Me and Rex
Good argume

Good argument. I didn't realize there were high schoolers in the audience.
Coming from a guy who bashes high schoolers, when you have no idea of the whole extent of the injury. I remember a certain guy at Louisville that broke his leg in half due to a deep bone bruise. I bet you are such a tough guy. Probably played through a sandy vagina when you were younger.

As an ER nurse, if it were my son and he had a very realistic chance of being an NBA draft pick in the near future, I would hold him out as well. Actually, even if he weren't a possible NBA draft pick, I would hold him out. Depending on the grade of the contusion, they can cause as much pain and temporary debilitation as a fracture. Furthermore, if the grade of the contusion were severe, the young man could have a small, but realistic, chance of developing compartment syndrome, especially given the site. In my opinion, and my opinion only, my child's safety and well-being is more important than a game.

And I have friends in the navy seals that say the same about the green berets.

Only thing is they don't get on a message boards to talk trash.

Question: how many fires have you been in?

Son, I'm in the elite of the elite. I'm in K-Kill 10, which technically doesn't exist on papers. Navy. Bwhahaha, we chew them up and spit them out.

Fires? Over 250+. Mostly saving kids. How many kids have you saved?

This kid will be a beast playing college basketball. Even with the kid not playing with that injury, I think it's safe to assume Cal is still interested and wants him at Kentucky.

Coming from a guy who bashes high schoolers, when you have no idea of the whole extent of the injury. I remember a certain guy at Louisville that broke his leg in half due to a deep bone bruise. I bet you are such a tough guy. Probably played through a sandy vagina when you were younger.
Lol a little thin skinned huh? Don't throw stones if you live in a glass house.

I never "bashed" the kid. I'm tough enough to play sports with a bruise. It's not that hard.

Son, I'm in the elite of the elite. I'm in K-Kill 10, which technically doesn't exist on papers. Navy. Bwhahaha, we chew them up and spit them out.

Fires? Over 250+. Mostly saving kids. How many kids have you saved?
Lmao ok. So I'm supposed to believe you're a super bad-ass soldier when you just violated your security clearance on a public message board. Right.

I haven't saved too many kids. Or people in general. Unfortunately in most cases we pull out dead bodies. At least I'm not making my life up as I go though.

Lmao ok. So I'm supposed to believe you're a super bad-ass soldier when you just violated your security clearance on a public message board. Right.

I haven't saved too many kids. Or people in general. Unfortunately in most cases we pull out dead bodies. At least I'm not making my life up as I go though.

That's not the actual name of it. It's the code name we use when we are civilians. Anyone who has security clearance knows this.

Never had any dead ones, because i saved all my people. Some people call me a hero, i just call myself an American.

That's not the actual name of it. It's the code name we use when we are civilians. Anyone who has security clearance knows this.

Never had any dead ones, because i saved all my people. Some people call me a hero, i just call myself an American.

There are a lot of us who have served and sacrificed... Here's a tip... Don't expect people to praise you and thank you for your service when you practically beg for it.

That reeks of stolen valor and/or little man complex. Pat yourself on the back any harder and you'll give yourself PTSD.

This. Yes, this right here. This kids is an example of someone who just doesn't get it.

I think most of us may have taken your post differently than you intended it to be taken. After reading it a second time, I no longer think you were implying that you have no sympathy for the young man because you are a big tough firefighter. I think what you meant was that being a paramedic, you know a little bit about bruises and you don't think his was a big deal.

So, maybe you are not a douche bag like most are saying but I do think you are speaking above your pay grade. I respect what you do everyday in your job protecting all of us. However, paramedics are trained to be first responders who do a vital job of temporarily sustaining the patient until they can get them to a hospital where experts(doctors) can use their 12 years of education to determine the best long term care plan. Only a doctor, aided by the use of imaging equipment, performing a first hand examination is truly qualified to diagnose this kid and advise him on the extent of activity in which he should participate. They may be taking a more cautious route than is typical but there is a lot at stake when it comes to those particular legs.

There are a lot of us who have served and sacrificed... Here's a tip... Don't expect people to praise you and thank you for your service when you practically beg for it.

That reeks of stolen valor and/or little man complex. Pat yourself on the back any harder and you'll give yourself PTSD.

Come talk to me when you save a bus load of girl scouts from a car bomb placed by Al Queda. One of those girls had a broken leg. I ran on that bus threw her on my shoulder and ran out before the bomb detonated.

That little girl is now at Harvard and about to graduate with top honors in diabetes research. What if i just saved millions of lives globally by saving her? You should be thanking me.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT