ADVERTISEMENT

Like Todd Golden as a candidate

Take a look Mitch.

38 years. Calm collected. Fun style of play. Winner. Won at Rupp. Good pedigree. Worked under some good coaches.
Big long term upside.
Rebuild Fla quickly.
Seems like a good man.
Smoked Oats twice this year. Only Bama win was a come from behind OT win in Tuscaloosa. I like this guy. If you’re looking to identify the next Danny Hurley BEFORE he wins two national championships at his current school I think this guy should get a long look. I totally could get behind a Golden hire.

reading comprehension bud.... nowhere in that post said I want Shaka Smart...... I dont want him as the coach , that shows how much im against Golden . This isnt a place where you take that type of risk..... Golden has to accomplish SOMETHING GOOD ... .
Ok, I misread,sorry. But we aren’t breaking records here forming a line to take the job. Golden is going to win in his career. And we aren’t exactly playing with the same deck we were 10 years ago. 1 tourney win in 5 years says we shouldn’t be prudes about this. I 100% would take him over Beard and Pope and all the other silly names being mentioned. Give Donovan 24 hours then offer a lower incentive offer to Golden and Pearl. First one takes it gets it. We can have this thing wrapped up by Saturday.

Reactions: ManitouDan
Lots of coaches out there before we get to Golden. Otzelberger from Iowas State or Hoiberg from Nebraska would be two more names to add to the list.

Pitino will be here in a short term deal before golden or any other wildcats you can believe that
I don’t know man the 15 seconds and violations and some of his other stunts cooked his goose
I think. Also, he isn’t the same coach he was years ago. I’m not so sure how well he would do and how well he would blend. And he sure needs to
Have that ugly tattoo removed before coaching here. We don’t need him jinxing us.

Says more about how bad Cal was than how good Golden is.

This would be absolute bottom barrel last choice desperation, though. I'm not on board at all.

We had a top ten team this season. Finished 9th

Can we at least be accurate with our cal bashing? He’s gone because of three games. Not because he was some awful coach who shouldn’t have been here.

Can we at least be accurate with our cal bashing? He’s gone because of three games. Not because he was some awful coach who shouldn’t have been here.
Eh. I'd say he lost a lot more than 3 bad games. His total body of work over his last few years was below average. He shouldn't have been here after his second losing season.

Eh. I'd say he lost a lot more than 3 bad games. His total body of work over his last few years was below average. He shouldn't have been here after his second losing season.

I didn’t say he didn’t. I said he’s gone because of three bad losses. And that’s true. if St. Peter’s and Oakland doesn’t happen- he’s not a fat bastard who stole half of y’all’s wives. Or if Kansas state was replaced with a win and another after he’s not the above.

Pretending like we just had awful seasons is dishonest. Again, we finished 9th in the last ranking this year and were a two seed the St. Peter’s year.

Pretty successful seasons that ended bad.

are you trying to sabotage the program? Stop it, he's done absolutely nothing except beat us once and almost beat us the other game .

Even Shaka Smart is a ton better . If history teaches anything, the coach needs at least a final four on the resume

I don't understand this line of thinking.

What is the one thing we learned today? That established coaches don't really care to come to Kentucky because of some legacy. (We should have learned this lesson when Donovan turned us down before, so let's hope this time it sunk in for some).

So why not try our hand in finding the next Hurley? Get an upstart coach off the tree, and if he turns out to be great, then we have our guy for the next 20 years and likely for cheap. And if he doesn't work out? You didn't lose much in salary, you fire him and 3 years and then you take another look at a guy like Hurley.

I didn’t say he didn’t. I said he’s gone because of three bad losses. And that’s true. if St. Peter’s and Oakland doesn’t happen- he’s not a fat bastard who stole half of y’all’s wives. Or if Kansas state was replaced with a win and another after he’s not the above.

Pretending like we just had awful seasons is dishonest. Again, we finished 9th in the last ranking this year and were a two seed the St. Peter’s year.

Speak for yourself man. I wanted him gone after the 9 win season.

Reactions: ManitouDan
I like the sound of Golden .. Golden >>>>>>> Pope or Iowa St or Nebraska guys . IMO Golden > Pearl. , but I just dont like Bruce . I hate that C beard had his drunken episode .. guys a good coach . But assuming Billy D doesnt work out .. Oats is just a no go .. golden seems like a real solid option

Speak for yourself man. I wanted him gone after the 9 win season.

Reading comprehension really isn’t your strong suit is it? Where did I speak for anyone ?

But I’ll speak for myself here- anyone who wanted that then is an idiot and part of the reason many are saying thanks but no thanks. Why come be called every name under the sun when you can win elsewhere ?

The darkness this board will be in if/when he succeeds at Arkansas while we’re on our 2nd/3rd successor will be insane. Luckily, it’s being aged out and there’s plenty of places to discuss UK hoops that isnt made up of 90% of people with nothing better going for them so they live on here and act like their lives are ruined anytime we lose.

He's ( Cal) not gone because of 3 losses . No way . It's a cumulative affect of several bad seasons . Losing to rivals, losing early in the SECT , losing at home . There are many losses to point the finger at , not just three . JMHO. Too many " if we didnt lose " in your take . Sorry . We lost .

Reading comprehension really isn’t your strong suit is it? Where did I speak for anyone ?

But I’ll speak for myself here- anyone who wanted that then is an idiot and part of the reason many are saying thanks but no thanks. Why come be called every name under the sun when you can win elsewhere ?

The darkness this board will be in if/when he succeeds at Arkansas while we’re on our 2nd/3rd successor will be insane. Luckily, it’s being aged out and there’s plenty of places to discuss UK hoops that isnt made up of 90% of people with nothing better going for them so they live on here and act like their lives are ruined anytime we lose.

Perhaps you should lay off the weed man. It's frying your brain cells and screwing up your memory. You literally said 'if St. Peter’s and Oakland doesn’t happen- he’s not a fat bastard who stole half of y’all’s wives." When you say "y'all" that means "you all" which is insuating that I adhere to your professed statement of not wanting him gone until those specific games you mentioned. English really isn't your strong suit.

Pass on Golden. The hype from some for this guy feels very "Gillispie beat Louisville in Rupp....go get him Mitch!"

Pass on Golden. The hype from some for this guy feels very "Gillispie beat Louisville in Rupp....go get him Mitch!"

A little bit but he did take UK down to the wire in Gainesville. I was at that game and barring a lucky 3 from Bradshaw they beat us in my opinion.

He also would of went further in the tournament if his center didn't get hurt.

Reactions: TheBlueMist

Yeah, 3 games, that’s why he is gone. SMH. I guess we know which side of the fence you fell on.

Kentucky won’t go after Pearl Beard or Pitino. Take Golden and let him grow with the program or Pope. Personally would take Golden over Pope but either may do well

are you trying to sabotage the program? Stop it, he's done absolutely nothing except beat us once and almost beat us the other game .

Even Shaka Smart is a ton better . If history teaches anything, the coach needs at least a final four on the resume
Tubby never took a team to the Final Four before UK. Neither did Joe B. Hall, not as a head coach.

Golden hasn't even had a chance to wet his whistle yet at 38 years old. Calipari was 50 years old when he came here.

If you can’t put up with the baggage of a Pearl, Golden is a much better hit than Pope who is FIFTY ONE. Golden is 38, may require some on the job seasoning, but if it works you might get him for 20 years of absolute prime.

Article on Golden last month
In mining for his type of guys, Golden went looking for size and skill, of course, but he also had a list of three core values that had to be checked: 1) Team first; 2) Be prepared, work hard; 3) Be grateful.

Golden would not, he promised, recruit bad apples.

"He said, 'I want guys who are over themselves.”

He is the antithesis of Kalipairie with team first and guys who are over themselves!

Kentucky won’t go after Pearl Beard or Pitino. Take Golden and let him grow with the program or Pope. Personally would take Golden over Pope but either may do well
I remember same being said about cal the last time! If pearl is the best candidate,I believe they will hire him. IMO it's a lot more involved then barnhart on this hire. Only thing is I hope money isn't controlling it. We need someone who understands how to build a basketball program involved!

He's ( Cal) not gone because of 3 losses . No way . It's a cumulative affect of several bad seasons . Losing to rivals, losing early in the SECT , losing at home . There are many losses to point the finger at , not just three . JMHO. Too many " if we didnt lose " in your take . Sorry . We lost .
To me it's more that he refused to change his approach. Players first, university of Kentucky last! I can put up with several bad seasons. But 1 tournament win in 5 years, players who didn't have any business playing hd played then they went pro regardless there draft status. It goes on and on. But the REAl reason fans turned on him was "5* first-- BBN last".

reading comprehension bud.... nowhere in that post said I want Shaka Smart...... I dont want him as the coach , that shows how much im against Golden . This isnt a place where you take that type of risk..... Golden has to accomplish SOMETHING GOOD ... .

Trouble is nowadays as soon as a guy makes an FF (at least at a power 5 school), the AD locks him up with a huge buyout and the dude doesn’t wanna leave anyway because he’s building his own program. If we wait for Golden to become Nate Oats (and he will, rather soon in my opinion) then we won’t be able to pry him away from Florida.

Reactions: Kyhoward
Article on Golden last month
In mining for his type of guys, Golden went looking for size and skill, of course, but he also had a list of three core values that had to be checked: 1) Team first; 2) Be prepared, work hard; 3) Be grateful.

Golden would not, he promised, recruit bad apples.

"He said, 'I want guys who are over themselves.”

He is the antithesis of Kalipairie with team first and guys who are over themselves!
That must've made that 6th place SEC finish feel almost tolerable.

I guess he has a built in excuse for recruiting only two 3 star players for next year's team, AND THAT'S IT.

At UK
That must've made that 6th place SEC finish feel almost tolerable.

I guess he has a built in excuse for recruiting only two 3 star players for next year's team, AND THAT'S IT.
As UK fans, we know that the teams with the most 5 stars correlates to winning regular season, SEC, and NCAA championships or maybe it doesn’t. HS recruiting is becoming less and less important as experienced and college proven players become available in the portal. Florida had 4 transfers last year and the 6th best team in the conference beat UK at Rupp and nearly on their home court.

I am not saying he is definitely the right guy for the job, but he deserves an in-depth look.

Yeah, 3 games, that’s why he is gone. SMH. I guess we know which side of the fence you fell on.

That is why he’s gone

I fell on the side of the fence of reality. We were a TWO SEED which means we had a top ten year. This past year we were a 3 seed and finished 9th in the final season poll.

Yall acted like complete buffoons to a coach who(put the fricken emotion down he didn’t bang your wife) accomplished a ton and raised us instantly from the ashes. We were THE hottest program in almost ANY sport for the better part of a decade. Those two lower seeded losses are why he was treated like shit the last few years. And he was. At the same time, I think it was time to begin a retirement plan. And if he wasn’t treated like shit, it probably could have been done where he was willing to do a 2-3 year contract where we had a successor lined up, an administration/legacy position for cal and didn’t have to go out and look like fools and hire mark pope after being publicly turned down by every big name out there.

Did you see his wife’s good bye interview by chance? They didn’t want to ever leave Lexington.

That is why he’s gone

I fell on the side of the fence of reality. We were a TWO SEED which means we had a top ten year. This past year we were a 3 seed and finished 9th in the final season poll.

Yall acted like complete buffoons to a coach who(put the fricken emotion down he didn’t bang your wife) accomplished a ton and raised us instantly from the ashes. We were THE hottest program in almost ANY sport for the better part of a decade. Those two lower seeded losses are why he was treated like shit the last few years. And he was. At the same time, I think it was time to begin a retirement plan. And if he wasn’t treated like shit, it probably could have been done where he was willing to do a 2-3 year contract where we had a successor lined up, an administration/legacy position for cal and didn’t have to go out and look like fools and hire mark pope after being publicly turned down by every big name out there.

Did you see his wife’s good bye interview by chance? They didn’t want to ever leave Lexington.
So 1 win in 5 years but you wanna cry about this year. Got it.

So 1 win in 5 years but you wanna cry about this year. Got it.
Dafuk ?

I mentioned both years and I stand by the opinion if we hadn’t lost in the first round of those two years you lunatics may have had basketball coaching opinions of cal but you would have kept it classy and still treated him as our coach instead of your sworn enemy.

That’s why he’s gone. Period.

Dafuk ?

I mentioned both years and I stand by the opinion if we hadn’t lost in the first round of those two years you lunatics may have had basketball coaching opinions of cal but you would have kept it classy and still treated him as our coach instead of your sworn enemy.

That’s why he’s gone. Period.
So now it’s 2 years huh? Try 7 years of sucking a$$ and priorities of ending generational poverty and draft night being the greatest night for UK and not progressing throughout the years teaching basic concepts to his team such as defense and inbound plays, along with how he ran the office. Who’s the lunatic? You should go to Walmart and buy a mirror.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT