ADVERTISEMENT

Florida/SC is a game worth watching

Jan 27, 2023
Two good coaches to keep our eyes on. Golden is not getting enough eyes on him yet. He’s possibly the young, upcoming coach that’s going to pan out and make it to high end sustainable success. I like Golden’s demeanor. He has some cockiness, but also an intense focus. Doesn’t seem to panic.
Paris is going to be a problem in the SEC from now on. I don’t see him crashing and burning. At times South Carolina plays some seriously pretty old school basketball. I’m not sure what Paris’s ceiling is just yet. Not sure what his recruiting potential is. Not sure if his style structure could lead to top 10 success.

I don’t see either of these coaches losing momentum. They should be at least this good every year going forward.

Last edited:
Reactions: KT34
Curious to see how SCs defense is called in ncaa tournament. Don't see then getting away with what they do in league play.

I’ve been watching and it is a good game, Pullin for Florida always gets away with pushing off to get his shot off when he backs down.

Curious to see how SCs defense is called in ncaa tournament. Don't see then getting away with what they do in league play.
We can’t even get away with that in league play. Amazing how some teams are allowed to play as physical as they want and others (like us) get called for touch fouls away from the ball.

So if I do see a possible impending problem with Paris, it’s that I think he has some meanness to him and he imparts a touch of that to his kids. A little too much old school toughness that could lead to implosion.

Depends. I could see them getting away with it one game then getting called for 50 fouls the next game. Depends on who the Ref crew bet money on to advance.

So who does big blue need to root for here?

It's tricky. If we win out whoever else wins doesn't matter much unless bama loses today and to Florida. If they don't, they are finishing 14 and 4 and we can't catch them. UK at 13 and 5 should get 2 or 3 seed though. Idk what happens if auburn, UT, sc and UK all finished 13 and 5 though. That's unlikely to happen though.

If you assume we lose to TN and finish 12 and 6 we really want sc to finish 11 and 7. With Florida, UT and at msu they could lose out.

We also need Florida to lose a 6th game too so if they win today we need bama to win at Florida Tuesday.

I'm honestly thinking if we end up 5 its not end of world. 4 will be either Florida or SC and we owe both of them.

Reactions: Samurai Cat
So who does big blue need to root for here?
I think South Carolina. Florida has the same league record as us, and 1-1 head to head record. If SC wins, we gain an uncontested position. I don’t think South Carolina can win though. I don’t think Paris has the horse’s to beat Florida this late in the season. South Carolina has limitations that Florida doesn’t.

I think South Carolina. Florida has the same league record as us, and 1-1 head to head record. If SC wins, we gain an uncontested position. I don’t think South Carolina can win though. I don’t think Paris has the horse’s to beat Florida this late in the season. South Carolina has limitations that Florida doesn’t.
That's my thought as well. Think it's better for us if SC wins.

That's my thought as well. Think it's better for us if SC wins.

Depends what else happens. We lose a tie breaker to sc at 12 and 6 and if they win today best case is 12 and 6. If they lose today theu play UT and at msu. I can see them losing out.

To be fair we then need alabama to beat Florida at florida to hand them a 6th loss.

We all hope we win out but at UT will be tough.

Reactions: gharding07
This didn’t age well. Even with the refs letting UF play football. Tough d is one thing, but they were running backs with their heads down knocking people over.

This didn’t age well. Even with the refs letting UF play football. Tough d is one thing, but they were running backs with their heads down knocking people over.
I didn’t finish the game because of the start of the UK game. Florida looked like they had gained enough control to win, looked like their somewhat better athleticism was going be the advantage. South Carolina’s team all look like 25-30 year old men who lift heavy things as a hobby. And if they are allowed to knock around normal looking 18-20 year old (by basketball standards) that’s a problem for most any team on any given night. Florida did have better athletes, but not so much better that they can punk grown ass mean mugging men.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT