ADVERTISEMENT

Liam McNeeley

He’d be ranked over any commit UK had this offseason with Cal. Would be huge for Pope to land him
That's wild. All the talk about Cal recruiting and this might be one of his weakest classes. I guess he knew he wiffed on sending a few of these kids to the pros so he had them coming back.

This is funny. McNeely isn't even close to a type of player Cal would ever recruit. Never.

But there he is going after any recruit just to hoard them (or badmouth Kentucky).

Doesn't seem to matter - looks like the kid is all in on UCONN. Can't blame him really - they just won B2B and could very well be there again next year.

Good thing about UK keeping stuff on the down low about targets. I may be a conspiracy theorist but I have a sneaky suspicion that Cal is gonna go after ever player we publicly go after.
We should use this against him.... publicly go after Devin Askew level guys. Let Cal fill up his scholarships and then bring in our top targets in secret.

In reality I don't think this will matter much going forward in the future. Calipari is going to fill up his roster with HS kids. I think Pope is going to be much more balanced between HS and portal recruits. This first year it is going to be majority portal guys by necessity.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT