ADVERTISEMENT

Lexington Resturaunts?

UKwannabe

Sophomore
Gold Member
Oct 30, 2005
Love trying out some new resturaunts and food. Looking for some places to try out in Lexington that maybe I haven't had yet.

Charlie Browns-Food is solid, environment is kinda dark and hipster-ish but very neat with all the old books and sitting arangements. 8/10

Tin Roof-Food is average, but a great place for day drinking and a social lunch. 6.5/10

Saul Good-Food is meh for me but hear lots of people enjoy it. Nice place in general. 6/10

Malones-Top Notch food. A little upscale for my taste but no denying it's one of Lexibgtons best. Also fairly expensive. 9/10

Drakes-Not a huge fan of the food but the environment is cool for lunch or dinner. Lots of my friends love it. 8.5/10

Tonys-Downtown, I think it's fairly new. FOOD IS DELICIOUS. But, not something I can afford regularly. With an appetizer, 2 entrees, 4 drinks, and sharing a dessert it was 230$ after tip. Ouch. 9/10

Athenian Grill and Bistro-Very Hole-in-the-wall ish. Great Gyero options and a neat little place. Definitely reccomend as a late linch ootion. 8.5/10

Savs Grill-Food is amazing and a little different than you will see. I wasn't happy with the portions but what you do get is very good and cooked with passion. 8/10

Bonefish Grill-Very good food especially if you like seafood. Nice environment for an intimate dinner that won't break your wallet. 8.5/10

Sidebar-Late lunch dive bar with a specialty in sirloin burgers. I'm not particularly fond of burgers but these are top of the line. Definitely worth a try and nice bang for your buck. 8.5/10

Pies and Pints-Beer menu is impressive and the environment is cool great for lunch or dinner especially if you like some gourmet pizza. 8/10

Cobalt Cocina-Maybe the coolest Latin food place ever. Steak Tacos are phenomenal but outside that the food is nothing to rave about although their food is very fresh (no freezer in Coba). The 300 gallon jellyfish tank makes it worth a try. 7/10

Plazzos-Pizza specialty places are a bit tiring to me but the have some excellent appetizers to go along with there pizza options. Cool environment especially if you intend on hitting up downtown afterward. 7.5/10

Old Chicago-for some reason my friends aren't big fans but I love this place. Above average prices but the beer tour is a necessary evil and the food is always on point for me. 8.5/10

Feel free to add some more with your own thoughts on it. I try to avoid big chains like Applebees, Cheddars, etc etc.

The sooner Lex gets a Tilited Kilt, the better life will get! They got Summer Shandy and I think they might serve food...maybe.

I wasn't impressed with Saul Good. $$ for meh food.
Last time I went to Ole Chicago the pizza was terrible.

Try Windy Corner Market, it's on the scenic horse farm drive at the corner of Bryan Station and Muir Station roads.
The best meat loaf I've had ever but they mainly do Po'Boys. They use many local producers also, KY Proud you know.
www.windycornermarket.com

I went to meet my brother for lunch at a small bar/dive over in Meadowthorpe called Thoroughbreds.
$6.50 for a meat and two sides, it was well worth it.

Another hole in the wall is a BBQ joint out on Georgetown Road at a motel. I like the brisket if it isn't all gone.
www.redstatebbq.com/

Plazzos is 10x better than Pazzos

And why the hell bring up Tin Roof as a restaurant? 6.5/10 is extremely generous.

suck my kiss

suck my kiss

suck my kiss

suck my kiss

635.gif

Tried Saul Good's... once. Overpriced and average. Like going to Applebees but you want to waste even more money.

Family/kids I like going to the chain mongolian grill BD's. I have perfected my technique and if you know the right mixture of meat, tomatoes, pineapple, and above all spices over the noodles & whatever else you like then it's just a fun place to eat. Not great by any means but I like to go to mongolian grills and that is about all there is.

Lexington, just like every other city in Kentucky, really needs to up the Mexican fast food chains beyond the stale Moes/Chipoltle/Qdoba crap. You go to SoCal and import Rubios Fish Tacos and Roberto's into Kentucky and they would destroy the competition. Getting hard to even get a good hamburger in this state let alone a really good taco or burrito. Fast food is in a terrible state of affairs here.

Village Idiot. Good beer, good bourbon, good food.

Nick Ryan's has been good the few times I've been.

Last meal I had at Dudleys(new location) was awesome, albeit it was a year ago.

I've only had lunch a couple times at Grey Goose, it was decent.

Bru Burgers by liquor Barn was pretty good but not as good as most of the burger joints in Louisville.

Sam's Hot Dog Stand. Get spicy chili, coleslaw, onions, cheese and mustard on your dog.

White Castle: get 4 double cheese burgers and a Big Red soda. Then come back a half hour later and tell them they didn't give you one of your cheeseburgers. Save your cup then refill it again. Also check under the seats for free gum and ask everyone if they are going to finish all their fries. Take a snow shovel and get a couple loads of their mulch while you're waiting on your drive-through order.

Reactions: cawoodsct
You have to ask them to toast it, though. They don't just automatically toast the anus without your approval.

They also have a new black anus burger at Hardees.

If you actually tell someone by mistake in a foreign language to "toast to your anus" it completely ruins it. Mixes it up. They think you're some kind of nut or something.

Get this... anus tornado... is that a good one or what? I just thought of that.

Have you been to the Canes restaurant yet? They have good chicken! Local establishment, fresh poultry, etc...TMFS.

Tortelleria Ramirez on Alexandria Dr. Best burritos I've ever had.
Loudon Square buffet at corner of Loudon Ave and Broadway

Reactions: Elbridge
-Breakfast: Magee's for breakfast is my #1 recommendation. I like the omelets at Alfalfa's......then hit the Farmer's Market aftewards. Or go to WildEggs or First Watch. Though, you have to get up early. These places often will develop lines very quickly. Spaldings, North Lime, and Donut Days are the pastry places to hit.

-I love Azur's lamb burger for lunch. But just about everything is decent there for lunch or dinner.

-Merrick Inn is a nice "anniversary" kind of place. Cool atmosphere and decent food.

-Sahara Mediterranean in Beaumont Ctr area is really good as well for schwarma, etc.

-Food war? - Go to Bourbon and Toulouse down in Chevy Chase........then another day hit Gumbo YaYa......for cajun. Decide which one you like best.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT