ADVERTISEMENT

Levis

Crums Bald Spot

Senior
Gold Member
Aug 22, 2001
Kid has some things to work on - primarily accuracy and quickly getting through his progressions but he is a gamer, a leader, and is becoming clutch. Can't wait to see the offense with Will having another off season to work with Coen and a year in the system.

Guys with attitude don't come around often. We better enjoy him while we have him.

Last edited:
1. He improved a ton throughout the season IMO.
2. His feet and toughness are an absolute weapon....his underneath throws on hooks, slants and the like has come a ton from game 1 to game 12.

If UK can get him a good WR to pair with the Va Tech transfer and coming back with Upshaw at TE.....he's going to be a tough QB for UK in 2022.

1. He improved a ton throughout the season IMO.
2. His feet and toughness are an absolute weapon....his underneath throws on hooks, slants and the like has come a ton from game 1 to game 12.

If UK can get him a good WR to pair with the Va Tech transfer and coming back with Upshaw at TE.....he's going to be a tough QB for UK in 2022.
He took some sacks today rather risking a bad throw and an interception. Early in the year he would have tried the throws.

I’m glad we got him and glad we get him for a 2nd year. This will be a plus with him and Coen getting to work together for 2+ years!

Had a rough middle part of the game. Had alot of pressure and started watching the rush/bailing on the pocket. Came back and finished strong. Heck of a competitor

Had a rough middle part of the game. Had alot of pressure and started watching the rush/bailing on the pocket. Came back and finished strong. Heck of a competitor
I saw the OLIne struggling to protect the QB...not Levis bailing from the pocket. He got sacked 7 times and most were less than 3 seconds. I thought Will was superb and was MVP for us IMO

He needs a couple more good receivers and more time in the film room. He has NFL potential but still has a lot of room to grow.

He definitely got better and better. Still has some decision making to work on. Think he missed an open receiver on a key down toward the goal line and should have handed to CR on at least a couple of plays that CR would have gotten some yards. May be nit picking a little but that year of experience should improve some of that next time around. Plus he needs a couple more playmakers to spread around more.

I saw the OLIne struggling to protect the QB...not Levis bailing from the pocket. He got sacked 7 times and most were less than 3 seconds. I thought Will was superb and was MVP for us IMO

They did. He also bailed when he didn't have to. Had an awful possession just before the game winning one. Thank goodness the defense gave him another chance. He refocused and git it done.

Reactions: The-Hack
Nice to have a QB that can throw the long ball. With that said, you've got to have WR's that can catch the balls.
He has a bright future at UK, then hopefully in the NFL.

GO CATS

He's the best QB we've had in the Stoops era. A lot of people on here were upset when we replaced Gran, but without Coen we don't get Levi's or Robinson.

Reactions: Blouman and clifm
He's the best QB we've had in the Stoops era. A lot of people on here were upset when we replaced Gran, but without Coen we don't get Levi's or Robinson.
I could be mistaken but don’t remember anyone sad Gran was replaced.

I love Levis, think he fits the offense very well. Has some things to work on, coming back for another year was a good decision. Hoping next year that he scrambles with his eyes up, like Mahomes, he could be deadly if he threw from some of his scrambles. The goal line run that he was stopped on, he had Robinson wide open before he broke the line of scrimmage.

He took some sacks today rather risking a bad throw and an interception. Early in the year he would have tried the throws.
I hesitate to even say this cause (jinx) but , he is great at “not fumbling “. He takes some hard , sometimes unexpected hits and sacks where most quarterbacks would cough up the ball but he holds onto the football.

Nice to have a QB that can throw the long ball. With that said, you've got to have WR's that can catch the balls.
He has a bright future at UK, then hopefully in the NFL.

GO CATS
I was really hoping one of our young receivers would have a coming out party. I’m starting to wonder about Crumes and Dekel Crowdus . If they were as good as advertised I would have though they could have gotten on the field considering Ali and Epps were out and they had a month to prepare . Seems like other youngsters have passed them by .

Reactions: K_TIME
He was beaten up today via 6 sacks and he held up and didnt fumble on that blindsider and stood in late with the deep strike to Mr. Robinson for the 50 plus yd completion that was a game saver.

STUD
That's another thing we easily take for granted - his toughness and strength. He's not afraid to put his shoulder down and go to the pile and can take a hit and keep on ticking.

Got to keep developing that BIG Blue Wall, too.
I was really frustrated by our pass protection, or lack thereof, against Iowa. We seem to handle them fairly well the first quarter but after that they dominated at the line of scrimmage save a few plays here and there.

For those who knows x's and O's better than I do, is it schematic, is it a talent issue, are we getting out coached, or is a lot of it on the QB?

Regarding getting out coach, it definitely looked like Iowa made some adjustments and we couldn't answer the bell. But maybe I'm off here.

I was really frustrated by our pass protection, or lack thereof, against Iowa. We seem to handle them fairly well the first quarter but after that they dominated at the line of scrimmage save a few plays here and there.

For those who knows x's and O's better than I do, is it schematic, is it a talent issue, are we getting out coached, or is a lot of it on the QB?

Regarding getting out coach, it definitely looked like Iowa made some adjustments and we couldn't answer the bell. But maybe I'm off here.

It was all on the LT. Everyone we put out there under performed big time. Their RDE shut down our entire left side then their D started shading away from him and it made it tough to do anything even going right.

Very frustrating to watch one position collectively almost cost us the game.

Coen should've used a TE or rb on that side to help but I didn't see him do it. They also ran a twist fairly often (maybe to counter the anticipated move) which gave us trouble. Instead we tried to run under him or outside him because he was crashing so hard but he was very disciplined as well. Good player who really took advantage of that matchup.

Jmo

The left side of the OL was the problem. Our depth was already down one starter with Cox out. Then Rosental being out on a day that hot, our depth on the left side was a problem. Horsey did a pretty good job at LT the first half but when he had to come out some for rest or whatever it was not good. An example when Flax went in his man went around him and killed Levis. Also Wilson got beat or didn't get a push like Horsey could have done at the LG position.

The coaching adjustment part don't know how much it was coaching and/or how much it was having to put third and fourth stringers in as the game went on. When you get down to several third and fourth string players on the field in the second half at times you are talking about very little if any game experience.

Reactions: Crums Bald Spot

There were plays where it was just being outmatched at the positions mentioned in pass pro. It was frustrating. There were plays where Levis has to see the blitz coming and seems to ignore it. We had a few bad reads in the option game. All correctable except the pass pro.

If we don't get that shored up with someone talented enough to go against the best in the SEC, we won't have the success we did this year.

I also think we went too far away from the run with CRod. We can't get away from the slobberknocking running game or we will have a tough time competing without 20 5 stars on the roster. We have to bring in and utilize/play, as well as coach up, the road grading OLinemen we've been getting. We also need great pass pro guys. We need a solid mix 2-3 deep consistently.

I'm glad we've got Stoops as head coach. He seems to be balancing this all pretty well. It's a freakin tough enough job before you factor in the program history. Hope he can knock it out of the park with recruiting/transfers in and coaching hires.

There were plays where it was just being outmatched at the positions mentioned in pass pro. It was frustrating. There were plays where Levis has to see the blitz coming and seems to ignore it. We had a few bad reads in the option game. All correctable except the pass pro.

If we don't get that shored up with someone talented enough to go against the best in the SEC, we won't have the success we did this year.
Levis often fails to step up in the pocket. He even moves back into trouble sometimes. That makes it much harder for the line to look good. Levis has to get a better feel for the pocket.

Reactions: bigblueinsanity
Barring some sort of mishap, he will be one of the better QBs in the SEC and probably country next year.

He and Coen were both new to UK and SEC. I think their learning experience from this season propels them both to great heights next year. Also, I think Stoops lets the offense lose more than ever before next season.

I think now more than ever, he is more secure and confident in himself and where the program is. Thus, I think he will probably butt out of a lot of areas and let the people he's hired to do their thing.

Levis is a rare talent UK hasn't had before. We've had some good throwers, we've had some good athletes...never have we had both, and we sure as shit have never had someone with a good combination of said abilities also surrounded by the team and staff that we have now.

Barring some sort of mishap, he will be one of the better QBs in the SEC and probably country next year.

He and Coen were both new to UK and SEC. I think their learning experience from this season propels them both to great heights next year. Also, I think Stoops lets the offense lose more than ever before next season.

I think now more than ever, he is more secure and confident in himself and where the program is. Thus, I think he will probably butt out of a lot of areas and let the people he's hired to do their thing.

Levis is a rare talent UK hasn't had before. We've had some good throwers, we've had some good athletes...never have we had both, and we sure as shit have never had someone with a good combination of said abilities also surrounded by the team and staff that we have now.

Having better receivers always helps a QB. We had one good one and another that was serviceable who was out for the game.

We need to develop a wr group that is as good as the rest of the SEC.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT