ADVERTISEMENT

Levis has a new toy

Will be interesting to see how Levis does in the new offense. The old offense, while perhaps outdated, played exactly to his strengths of pa pass, max protect, couple of routes in pattern.

The new offense will need him to excel in all the areas he traditionally struggles: volume routes in pattern, quick reads, consistent high level decision making.

Levis makes noticable improvement every year. Hopefully he makes a real leap this year because he will need it. With the new offense, not sure they will live him being off two-three games for every one he's on. It needs decision makers more than big arms.

Looks like this offense is unfortunately a poor fit as i feared. He still has time to turn this around but.... doesn't look good. These insanely stupid turnovers definitely dont help.

Looks like this offense is unfortunately a poor fit as i feared. He still has time to turn this around but.... doesn't look good. These insanely stupid turnovers definitely dont help.
The offense has been clicking and Levis has been efficient save for the bonehead turnovers. He tries to play hero too much. When he learns to just concede a play he will be fine. If he’s able to do that. Bro is Brett favre

The offense has been clicking and Levis has been efficient save for the bonehead turnovers. He tries to play hero too much. When he learns to just concede a play he will be fine. If he’s able to do that. Bro is Brett favre

Imo thats why this offense doesn't currently suit him. Volume is his enemy because the more he has to throw, the more his poor judgment shows up.

He can grow into it. He was just perfect for the previous offense.

Reactions: Rockfly78
There are Kentucky fans bragging and celebrating Levis getting benched? Weird

Im going to guess levis is done. Team completely responded to the change. You could see it immediately. Levis being banged up is just the excuse they need to sit him while saving face for him.

Reactions: YardCat
This color guy (not sure who it is forgive me if it’s someone recognizable) has been giving Rudolph all kinds of love for the most elementary stuff. It’s like everyone is rooting for Levis to be benched.

I should get paid to suffer through titans games. This is boring as hell.

Idc who the qb is, just lose baby. So maybe we can get a good qb in draft.

Reactions: STL_Cat
This color guy (not sure who it is forgive me if it’s someone recognizable) has been giving Rudolph all kinds of love for the most elementary stuff. It’s like everyone is rooting for Levis to be benched.

Orlavsky. It always cracks me up when he or chris simms try to criticize qb play. Both were God awful. Orlavsky had the famous play where he totally forgot where he was and ran 4 yards out the back of his own endzone.

Simms had the well circulated clip of gruden getting into him because he literally couldn't remember the play call, let alone what to do on it.

Both were pathetic and should never be allowed to criticize a QB.

Glad I’m a Cowboys fan instead of a Titans Fan … my advice to Titans fan hope that Jalen Milroe is on the Board for the 2025 NFL Draft

Last edited:
I’m going to say during the bye week there will be a lot of talk on benching Levis and giving Mason his chance. It will be very interesting to see if the Titans believe in Levis or if his time there is done.

Reactions: STL_Cat
I’m going to say during the bye week there will be a lot of talk on benching Levis and giving Mason his chance. It will be very interesting to see if the Titans believe in Levis or if his time there is done.

Someone from a recent Titans' podcast put it best I think. "You know what you have in Rudolph......he's not going to lose you a game, but he's not likely to win a game either. Levis is the talent." So, I would not be surprised if they ride Levis for a little while longer just to exhaust the analysis of his play.

......but, of course, this depends on Levis' shoulder. Rumor is that it's an AC sprain/separation......which is highly variable with timeframe.

I'd say Levis is done as a starter in the NFL short of injury.

Hes sinking thats for sure. What he needs is a different fit. This offense is a bad fit and they're doing nothing to help him. They're trying to make him burrow when thats the very skillset he lacks.

The dumbest part was they called the O for Rudolph they need to call for levis. Inside runs and play action. No clue why they keep forcing levis into the round hole.

Levis always struggles with multi route quick reads. He literally doesn't have the skillset.

I think he starts if healthy rest of year.

Titans are gonna be awful. 0 shot at playoffs IMO. They need to see him show improvement or they may have to go qb in draft next season.

Watching the Bengals completely carve up the top defense in the nfl and its clear Taylor is an elite offensive mind. Didn't miss a beat losing Callahan.

By contrast the titans offense refuses to modify their system to fit levis and the presnap penalties indicate a very poor operation.

Maybe Callahan can turn things around but not impressed so far.

Watching the Bengals completely carve up the top defense in the nfl and its clear Taylor is an elite offensive mind. Didn't miss a beat losing Callahan.

By contrast the titans offense refuses to modify their system to fit levis and the presnap penalties indicate a very poor operation.

Maybe Callahan can turn things around but not impressed so far.
The amount to which Callahan did in Cincy is still up for debate. By his own admission, he never called plays as an OC until this yr at Tennessee.

I agree that they're trying to run an offense that doesn't suit Levis. He'd be much better off handing it off to Henry and throwing it no more than 20x/game. They'll exhaust analysis of him, then look to the off-season to replace him.

Reactions: bigblueinsanity
The amount to which Callahan did in Cincy is still up for debate. By his own admission, he never called plays as an OC until this yr at Tennessee.

I agree that they're trying to run an offense that doesn't suit Levis. He'd be much better off handing it off to Henry and throwing it no more than 20x/game. They'll exhaust analysis of him, then look to the off-season to replace him.

I wish we still had Henry to hand off to lol.

I agree he will be phased out at qb after this season if things do not change.

Never has been great as a game manager, and NFL QB's must excel at it above all else.

Never has been great as a game manager, and NFL QB's must excel at it above all else.

No but hes way better at that than he is making quick reads in a multiple receiver route. This is his worst fit but they're trying to force it

He needs an offense that focuses on play action. Thats two or three receiver route, max pro, plus the added split second from play action.

They good enough backs as evidenced in the second half when they started relying on the run. They called a much better game for mason than levis. For whatever reason they seem intent on making levis run a burrow tailored offense which is an awful fit.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT