ADVERTISEMENT

Levis and the Ravens

I'm not sure they'd go Levis if their offense is built for Lamar, Richardson seems the better fit.

I think Levis is leader in the clubhouse to drop a bit. Young and Stroud are 1 and 1a by all accounts.

Richardson, I have a feeling is going to wow folks again at his pro day with his physical prowess and athleticism. Somebody probably already has and will continue to fall in love with that and the "potential".

May be in the long-term best interest of Levis to fall to a team that isn't in as bad of shape as the those picking at the top.

The hype on Richardson is a joke, in typical NFL fashion, they ignore what little tape there is on him and get a hard on because he's a work out warrior and superstar with no defense on him. I wish him the best, but I think whomever drafts him is gonna be disappointed. I do think with his rise, Levis probably drops to the mid first and someone like the commanders or the rams takes him probably via a trade up- which a landing spot like LA where he could learn a couple years would be perfect for him. All fanhood aside, Levis, is not ready to be an NFL QB right now

The hype on Richardson is a joke, in typical NFL fashion, they ignore what little tape there is on him and get a hard on because he's a work out warrior and superstar with no defense on him. I wish him the best, but I think whomever drafts him is gonna be disappointed. I do think with his rise, Levis probably drops to the mid first and someone like the commanders or the rams takes him probably via a trade up- which a landing spot like LA where he could learn a couple years would be perfect for him. All fanhood aside, Levis, is not ready to be an NFL QB right now
Richardson had a bad 2 years...Levis outlplayed him head to head...and this dude rocks up the draft boards.

And NFL games I watch....like 80% of the throws are all short to intermediate stuff. Not a ton of deep shots but moreso be accurate and on time is the NFL way. Does Richardson look like that guy?

Richardson had a bad 2 years...Levis outlplayed him head to head...and this dude rocks up the draft boards.

And NFL games I watch....like 80% of the throws are all short to intermediate stuff. Not a ton of deep shots but moreso be accurate and on time is the NFL way. Does Richardson look like that guy?

Richardson is good on deep and intermediate routes (slants), hits his receivers in stride when they aren't pressured, and has a lot of physical gifts. I don't get the idea that anyone is gonna take him first and then wait on his growth, which he needs as a reader of defenses at least. He's not as good in the short passing game as he'll need to be. Don't know that I've seen him under center.

Levis has great physical gifts. He has leadership ability no doubt. He's tough and can sling the ball. He doesn't have the height of Richardson, but he's not short. He's Hooker's height, but not as quick/fast as Hooker, but harder to bring down. He has been throwing behind receivers a little too much because he isn't stepping into his throws, imo. He is sometimes using arm strength rather than correct mechanics and it makes his passes come in high and behind.

Hooker has really developed since getting to obnoxiousville. He's more of a Lamar type, but imo better as a QB in some ways, even if a little less physically skilled running with the ball.

CJ Stroud ... I've watched nothing on him because he plays at theOtherSU. He's a good QB. No idea if he's good enough for the pros.

Levis needs some time to develop. Richardson, too. Both could also develop while playing. Hooker as well.

I would hate to see Levis go to Baltimore, Indy, or the Patriots. He fits Indy better, imo. Chicago would like him, but not enough to take him early or they'd have kept their pick. I guessed initially St Pats day that he'd go around 15 in the first round. I don't think throwing behind receivers at pro day helped him at all. Pete Carroll didn't even pay attention to him when he was throwing. Seemed to be watching the rest of the players.

I hope Levis goes first, because he's a UK Wildcat, but I think fit and draft position keeps him from being at the top of the first round. Hope I'm wrong

Reactions: Ky grandpa and K86
Richardson is good on deep and intermediate routes (slants), hits his receivers in stride when they aren't pressured, and has a lot of physical gifts. I don't get the idea that anyone is gonna take him first and then wait on his growth, which he needs as a reader of defenses at least. He's not as good in the short passing game as he'll need to be. Don't know that I've seen him under center.
Man...you've seen a completely different QB in Richardson than I did.

- As mentioned....he's pitiful on short throws. He threw 2 forth down passes in the dirt vs. UK and was typical of him.
- I can't see how he's better at slants and intermediate throws if he can't hit 5 yard passes
- As far as deep balls....I saw many times he can't keep his deep balls in play as they sail 5 yard out of bounds.

He has been hyped up as Cam Newton....but he can't throw the ball. Outside of being 6'4 and he can throw it deep...and he has good feet but not an elite runner (like Cam/Lamar). I laugh at the notion he'll go outside of 3rd round flyer.

While Levis has warts that you mention....he's played better than Richardson has vs UK every time. And they both play essentially the same SEC teams....and Levis typically performs better in SEC play. No idea what you'd see in him to pick him over Levis.

Just read Levi’s is a Day 2 pick. He has bombed interviews and way too cocky and entitled. Hope Dallas picks him up to battle for the backup spot. Could see Packers get him day 2
How does that happen? How does one drop from a top 10 pick to a second day pick? Also how does one become tone deaf in these interviews to portray such a thing?

It’s hard for me to see him going second day though.

Reactions: Ky grandpa
How does that happen? How does one drop from a top 10 pick to a second day pick? Also how does one become tone deaf in these interviews to portray such a thing?

It’s hard for me to see him going second day though.

I'm not buying all this bombed the interview stuff. I think it's normal smokescreen put out by some teams to put other teams off him.

This Richardson hype is so absurd. How are NFL teams this easily fooled? CBS Sports has him going No. 1.

Whaaaaat? 😂

This guy was a disaster but in typical fashion, here come the workout hero crap.

I'm all for it, as long as my teams don't screw themselves over taking one of those workout heroes that fizzles on the field

Richardson is great when situations are ideal. No pressure or little pressure. Is he "NFL great"? I doubt it. There are very few teams that can put him in the situation he needs to be

Reactions: EKCAT4YRS
no-no-no-no.gif

I never really saw first round material out of Levis so it wouldn't surprise me to see him drop quite a bit.

Reactions: Samurai Cat
What? Levis gonna drop that far??? Seems like a team like the broncos would take him first round at worst. But at the same time Scangarello kinda screw Levis this season forcing him to stay in the pocket

Kind of petty for an NFL executive to say this about kids today with the social media craze
Wild thing to say in the social media age. You can go on any of these guys social medias and find thinks about them showing off cars or other look at me post.

Yeah, I don't want Levis in Baltimore either. I want to be able to root for him except when he plays the Bengals. Having to see Benny and Bud go to Pittsburgh was hard enough.

Kind of petty for an NFL executive to say this about kids today with the social media craze
It is appallingly tone def. Levis has been building his brand since he first arrived at UK. Eating ripe unpeeled bananas on YouTube was the first time I saw him. He kept building his brand as a physical QB with a rocket arm.

I bet he has a ton of Female Facebook Followers. :)

It's ass-inine. Unless they are wanting to pick him up later in the first, hoping somehow that disparaging a kid will make other teams lose interest, it's completely moronic to make a comment like that.

Reactions: Ky grandpa
Some members of the sports media will say anything to get attention or to throw off other teams from taking a player they might want on the cheap.... I say this is either one of those times or the media member is just plain stupid... Could be both as well...
I don't want him to go to the Ravens any way so no problem if they take a different player.. Bu I hope Will does not last that long...

GBB

Reactions: Girthang
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT