ADVERTISEMENT

Cowherd just lost me as a listener

Wonky

Junior
Jan 16, 2021
Not that he gives a shit, but I listen to him almost daily due to driving a lot for work and there being no other sports talk options during that time slot.

So after straight up DOGGING Will Levis through the entire draft process as well as the aftermath, his lead story today is about Tommy freaking Devito. I get that’s a nice story and all, but Levis did multiple HISTORIC things last night. Then when he finally gets to the Tenn/Miami game, all he talks about is what a disaster Miami is.

A hater is one thing, but I lost whatever respect I had for him. Eat your crow like a man Cowturd.

Not that he gives a shit, but I listen to him almost daily due to driving a lot for work and there being no other sports talk options during that time slot.

So after straight up DOGGING Will Levis through the entire draft process as well as the aftermath, his lead story today is about Tommy freaking Devito. I get that’s a nice story and all, but Levis did multiple HISTORIC things last night. Then when he finally gets to the Tenn/Miami game, all he talks about is what a disaster Miami is.

A hater is one thing, but I lost whatever respect I had for him. Eat your crow like a man Cowturd.
Positivity goes against his brand. Cowherd is known as the old man screaming at clouds style. He's a crumudgeon.

Reactions: catben
The Cowherd draft process thing was weird with Levis. But Cowherd is a blowhard that generally forgets what he said yesterday.

There were some early takes from Cowherd about how much of a stud Will Levis was and how he would take him very early. Loved him. But then for whatever reason the wind started to blow the other direction on Levis as we got closer to the draft, and Cowherd just tagged along with the crowd.

His take are typically so bad anyway. He lost most people when talked about young QBs and mentioned Dwayne Haskins, after his death.
That was a big oof from Cowherd. A lot of people forgot about that, but that's about as bad as it gets for an "expert."

Cowherd is one of those guys I loved to listen to in high school and college.

I remember getting Taco Hell and listening to him in my car in between classes in undergrad.

Now I rarely listen to sports talk radio because I'm too busy and none of the national guys are getting my time when I do. They talk about very few topics and few teams. Its boring.

I remember getting Taco Hell and listening to him in my car in between classes in undergrad.

Now I rarely listen to sports talk radio because I'm too busy and none of the national guys are getting my time when I do. They talk about very few topics and few teams. Its boring.
This is me as well, and then my first few years as a young professional. I was a sales rep and in the car all the time. I used to have Cowherd on from 9-12 cst every day from about 2002-2005. The lineup of Cowherd followed by the Dan Patrick Show (then SVP) was peak sports talk radio. None of them interest me anymore.

Reactions: Mulder14

I’m right there with you. I get that the NFL is the biggest sports draw by far so that’s all they talk about. And that the Giants (even though they suck) are the biggest market in the NFL. But giving credit where it’s due is just part of being a man, IMO. Especially after slobbering all over Stroud, Young, and Richardson back in April. Young appears to be a bust, Richardson can’t stay healthy, and Stroud just lost to one of the worst teams in the NFL.

Levis’ debut was worthy of praise. That game last night cemented him as one of the top young QB’s. If he can stay healthy he’s just gonna keep getting better because the kid is a worker. Hopefully they can build around him.

When I listen to Cowherd for even 5 seconds I think one thing.....

Billy Madison Shut Up GIF

Cowherds just a shock jock. But wasn’t he the one touting Levi’s’ parents’ smarts. Saying that matters for a QB
Yep. He was doing a lot of Levis promotion early on when he was getting a lot of praise. But as I said, as soon as the wind started to blow the other direction Cowherd just blew right along with it. Cowherd himself knows very, very little.

I never listen to any of them but I think I’ve seen things posted suggesting he is a huge John Wall hater too .

Lost me as a listener in 2006 or 2007. He's a biased, dkhd, piece of work, and I won't give him airtime.

Reactions: CGblue

He's eaten so much crow over the years that he developed an allergy. Rumor is he also had a beak growing out his ask. All I hear is that his occasional co-hosts/guests have been so much better than him for years

He won’t come around until Levis throws for 5,000 yards and 30 TD’s. That’s the way those talking heads are.

JUST lost you ;) . I stopped listening to him a long time ago. Cowherds is one of those sports nerds who tries to compensate for it by being a contrarian on every topic. That way it makes him look cool, rebellious and intellectual to get attention and overcome the fact he's really just kind of a geeky guy that didn't play sports. So he'll always start by trying to read what the general majority sentiment is out there on a topic then just make the opposite take on it.

He won’t come around until Levis throws for 5,000 yards and 30 TD’s. That’s the way those talking heads are.

Yeah he was trashing Jordan Love earlier this year and saying anyone who thinks he’s gonna work in Green Bay is letting their cheese hat cloud their judgment. Then Love has a few good games and he’s swinging from the guy’s nuts. He always talks about how being an NFL GM is his dream job, but I think any franchise he ran would go tits up faster than Antonio Brown’s arena football team.

Yeah he was trashing Jordan Love earlier this year and saying anyone who thinks he’s gonna work in Green Bay is letting their cheese hat cloud their judgment. Then Love has a few good games and he’s swinging from the guy’s nuts. He always talks about how being an NFL GM is his dream job, but I think any franchise he ran would go tits up faster than Antonio Brown’s arena football team.
No doubt about that, he fancies himself as a scout but in reality he’s just like anyone other couch QB. Just because you got a broadcast degree and made it in the industry doesn’t mean you know Jack squat. Just that you can talk endlessly for 4 hours a day everyday of the week.

Reactions: Girthang
I quit listening to radio shows a long time ago. I'm sure Cowturd has a TV show now too but I remember him exclusively being an ESPN radio show guy and he was insufferable then too.

I've seen him be complimentary of Levis.

Devito is a bigger story. Dude is undrafted and currently 3-1 as a starter. The dude's dad is a NYC plumber. He has the name of a gangster from a pretty iconic mafia movie. His agent looks like a mobster. Dude lives with his parents. It's a modern Vince Papale underdog story.

Will had first round hype, ended up second round with the plan being he ends up the starter. Will isn't 3-1. Will isn't Italian saving, or at least temporarily stopping the bleeding for NY.

Cowherd always gets a bad wrap. He's better than anyone ESPN has. He has better guests, better discussions. His college football segments with Joel Klatt are some of the bests in the business. He had the most realistic take on FSU, basically saying, absolutely no way they should get in over and SEC champion.

Not sure how anyone can listen to any of that angry sports talk hot take bullshit. I listen to UK podcasts, that SEC podcast and some business and investing podcasts and I can't keep up with all of them. The great thing about podcasts is you can skip the ads and rewind if you miss an important point.

One of the guests on Cowherd’s show (some other dude who has a show I guess, can’t remember his name) yesterday said if he were starting a franchise today he’d take Will Levis over Tua. Cowherd didn’t agree but he didn’t argue. It was actually kind of a throw away comment and they moved on. Pretty big statement though.

One of the guests on Cowherd’s show (some other dude who has a show I guess, can’t remember his name) yesterday said if he were starting a franchise today he’d take Will Levis over Tua. Cowherd didn’t agree but he didn’t argue. It was actually kind of a throw away comment and they moved on. Pretty big statement though.

If we’re talking fresh, never played a snap rookie Tua then I’d have to disagree as well. But his injury history changes things. One more big hit and that dude is toast. He’s already playing with fire. Levis, meanwhile, is out there lowering his shoulder and steamrolling folks. Gotta love it!

I quit listening to radio shows a long time ago. I'm sure Cowturd has a TV show now too but I remember him exclusively being an ESPN radio show guy and he was insufferable then too.

His radio show has been shown on tv for years. Idk if he has any other shows though. I cut cable 2 years ago and haven't looked back so fs1 and espn are whatever.

I watch the games online or have my parents password to stream on espn app. Only time I watch espn programming.

If we’re talking fresh, never played a snap rookie Tua then I’d have to disagree as well. But his injury history changes things. One more big hit and that dude is toast. He’s already playing with fire. Levis, meanwhile, is out there lowering his shoulder and steamrolling folks. Gotta love it!
Yeah, he was talking like right now today with everything he knows about both

I think he compared Levis to Eli Manning and he was like ''both are big arm QBs who played football in the south''. Lmao he's a clown.

• Haha
Reactions: STL_Cat
Him, Jim Rome, and Skip Bayless are unlistenable for me due to their shticks to get attention. Even Stephen A. Smith is better because it’s more obvious that he’s being ridiculous and argumentative on purpose and is even funny on rare occasion.

Reactions: RunninRichie
Him, Jim Rome, and Skip Bayless are unlistenable for me due to their shticks to get attention. Even Stephen A. Smith is better because it’s more obvious that he’s being ridiculous and argumentative on purpose and is even funny on rare occasion.
Never liked Rome. Bayless was ok...waaay back. Used to love sport talk radio. Now, not so much. If I had to pick one to listen to..be Adam Schein.

Reactions: STL_Cat
Bill Simmons is the guy for sports talk radio. Him and Ryen Russillo to me are the best two sports pods out there today (I don't do radio anymore, just pods)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT