ADVERTISEMENT

Let's get Real

etowncatfan

All-SEC
Gold Member
Jan 4, 2003
5 Stars or No 5 Stars. Some years you just don't get it done. I think Coach Cal has tried every button he knows how to punch with this group and it Isn't happening. And I don't think it will. Blame the Players if you want. Blame the Coach if you want. No need to dwell on it and think we want another Coach. By any Standard you use Coach Cal has been as successful as any Coach at UK. Let us be thankful and know next year is another year and odds say it will be better than this year.

Fair point. But the stats don't lie: There have been very few losing streaks in the HISTORY of our program that are worse than the current four-game skid. If we lose the next one, it will be one for the record books.

IF we go to the NIT for the 2nd time in five years that also will set an historical precedent that Cal wants no part of.

Fair point. But the stats don't lie: There have been very few losing streaks in the HISTORY of our program that are worse than the current four-game skid. If we lose the next one, it will be one for the record books.

IF we go to the NIT for the 2nd time in five years that also will set an historical precedent that Cal wants no part of.
Probably wants no part of it, but in his mind if going to the NIT still results in "changing family's lives" by having a few newly-minted millionaires come June, it would still be a "big day" for Kentucky basketball...

Reactions: KFuqua
Cal was a victim of his own success. He knew the problems this team had before the season started but he figured.... all the other players figured it out except for Harrow and Lee.... so all these guys will figure it out........ got arrogant and stubborn again and this time it bit him in the arse.

Should of sat Diallo and Knox and PJ for games early in the season against mid majors to teach them a lesson that it was his way or the highway. maybe Cal doesnt like doing that but tough love is needed and its really best in the players long run to get that tough love.

Either way I'm sure Cal wishes he could go back in time to november and try a more aggressive approach to the players instead of assuming it would all work out fine.

Cal was a victim of his own success. He knew the problems this team had before the season started but he figured.... all the other players figured it out except for Harrow and Lee.... so all these guys will figure it out........ got arrogant and stubborn again and this time it bit him in the arse.

Should of sat Diallo and Knox and PJ for games early in the season against mid majors to teach them a lesson that it was his way or the highway. maybe Cal doesnt like doing that but tough love is needed and its really best in the players long run to get that tough love.

Either way I'm sure Cal wishes he could go back in time to november and try a more aggressive approach to the players instead of assuming it would all work out fine.

I am not sure sitting them would have made them any better. As a player you either an aggressive player or you aren’t. Most of this years team aren’t.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT