ADVERTISEMENT

Let’s guess the attendance of the presser tomorrow

A lot of us were not on social media at that time and were very excited then, I was speaking more of the last five years or so. If you believe thee excitement has been there, you are insane. You bring up things that happened nearly a decade ago, or more, and this season. It got very old getting excited about top recruits, only to accomplish nothing. You are right, this season, they were fun to watch, sometimes. I am just glad I don’t have a heart condition, because it was infuriating watching them more than it was exciting.
Your account started in 2007. That’s the time frame I was talking about. If you think our last 5 years were bad, check out Dan Hurleys first 5 at UConn. 90% of BBN are unable to think for themselves and keep repeating the cults talking points and the only the last 5 years matter.

2020 was a fun year
2021 was atrocious
2023 was a fun year with a bad NCAA Tournament flameout.
2023 was disappointing
2024 was a mostly fun season with the most exciting offense I’ve seen at UK with a bad NCAA Tournament flameout

Where the hell are all these new posters coming from?
Maybe folks have been sitting on the sidelines waiting for something positive to happen to the program and those same folks now want to be part of the discussion?

Last edited:
Maybe folks have been sitting on the sidelines waiting for something positive to happen to the program and those same folks now want to be part of the discussion? I know some “fans” on here consider newer posters as anathema, lepers, and such, but you were once a new poster. I guarantee, folks that post a lot historically on Rivals are no better people than anybody else…and it’s possible folks like you have no life other than this board which would make you a loser. I’m not saying you ARE a loser, just that if you are criticizing new posters on a sports message board, there is a good chance. I’m not saying, just saying.
Ok, that was hilarious.

I think we’re a fickle bunch.

I for one have accepted that NIL and the portal have changed the game so much that we haven’t really thought how it would effect us. It’s going to be harder and harder to continue the success we’ve had over the years when kids can control their scholarship more than the university.

I think we need to reassess who we are and where we are. It’s not the old days of Rupp and Pitino.
Go Away, Morris.
You're not one of us.
I can sell your U and L...

Reactions: Ugoff
Here’s what I’ll say. Been a fan about 43 of my 48 yrs. Took in my first game this year for the Vols. I’ll return this upcoming season for a game, hopefully the Arky game. And I hated the hire. But, you know what…it was time for a new voice. Pope has his chance. What he does with it is on him and his staff. But after 43 yrs and 1 game, I’m hooked. I’ll support him and the Cats!

Reactions: ib4ky
Your account started in 2007. That’s the time frame I was talking about. If you think our last 5 years were bad, check out Dan Hurleys first 5 at UConn. 90% of BBN are unable to think for themselves and keep repeating the cults talking points and the only the last 5 years matter.

2020 was a fun year
2021 was atrocious
2023 was disappointing
2024 was a mostly fun season with the most exciting offense I’ve seen at UK with a bad NCAA Tournament flameout
12 first round picks and ONE tournament win.

If Mitch can get the students involved then over 10k. If the students stay home then probably about 5k. Hope that's way off though. I'd like to see like 15k. More than Arkansas had at least. I never saw a good video or picture of the Arkansas crowd but they claimed the lower arena was half full. So about 5k for them if that's true.

2020 was a fun year
2021 was atrocious
2023 was disappointing

That’s one way of looking at it. A misguided approach for sure though.

Fans were sick of Calipari for several reasons. One of those reasons being Calipari verbally admitted (brazenly) that his main focus was to “change generational poverty (incredibly offensive honestly), get guys to the NBA and have a ton of draft pics each year. He admitted that those things were more important than winning SEC championships and winning NCAA championships.

That’s why fans were sick of him (along with pretty bad seasons the last 5 years).

Additionally Calipari looked down on Kentucky fans. He clearly thought he was smarter, better etc. He and his family both insinuated more than once that “many” UK fans are redneck racists.

You say “fun season” while that fun season ended in a 1st round loss to St. Peters. You say fun season while that season ended in a 1st round loss to Oakland. Oakland. St. Peters. Those are the teams we lost into the 1st round to. buT iT wAs fuN.

Lastly many fans were sick of getting entire new teams every single year. Recruiting random mid tier 5 stars with no attempt at recruiting style
Of play to make a good team. Then everyone either declares for the draft (even if not on mock boards) or transfers.

How is it fun to see 15 new players every 2 years while those players not accomplishing anything? Thats fun to you?

Meanwhile 99% of other teams actually have continuity. Players they know for more than 7 months. Players their COACH (not recruiter) scouted and recruited based on need and based on how they’d play in his system (unlike Calipari who literally runs no offense or defense).

You need to cope. Accept the fact that Calipari is gone.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT