ADVERTISEMENT

Let’s guess the attendance of the presser tomorrow

I was going to guess 5k, which I thought was a crazy amount given it’s just a press conference, but looking at the previous posts, maybe I’m low balling. I’m still going to stick with it. It’s a Sunday, Mid-day. It would be incredible if it was packed though.

Speaking of non negative, what is your honest opinion of UK's fanbase? TIA
I think we’re a fickle bunch.

I for one have accepted that NIL and the portal have changed the game so much that we haven’t really thought how it would effect us. It’s going to be harder and harder to continue the success we’ve had over the years when kids can control their scholarship more than the university.

I think we need to reassess who we are and where we are. It’s not the old days of Rupp and Pitino.

Reactions: Canucky
I believe if the lower arena is full (?) one more page has been turned on the EX and the NEW coaches legacy..........

I think 5k in attendance will be looked at as a disappointment.

I expect +10k to be there!! 🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞

Reactions: c1doc and cat tat2
There are a lot of us that have lurked for years, never really said much because there was no excitement. Now, there is excitement in Kentucky basketball again.
No excitement? We’ve won a title went to 4 Final Fours, had the most exciting Tournament run ever in 2014, went 38-1 in 15, had a ridiculous team lead by Fox Monk and Bam that got screwed by a roofaree, had two National Playere of the year, and had the funest offense in my life this year.

Given the timing and that fact that it’s a Sunday, I’m guessing 3-5k. Would love to be underestimating the crowd. I think BBM will have a good turn out though.

No excitement? We’ve won a title went to 4 Final Fours, had the most exciting Tournament run ever in 2014, went 38-1 in 15, had a ridiculous team lead by Fox Monk and Bam that got screwed by a roofaree, had two National Playere of the year, and had the funest offense in my life this year.
A lot of us were not on social media at that time and were very excited then, I was speaking more of the last five years or so. If you believe thee excitement has been there, you are insane. You bring up things that happened nearly a decade ago, or more, and this season. It got very old getting excited about top recruits, only to accomplish nothing. You are right, this season, they were fun to watch, sometimes. I am just glad I don’t have a heart condition, because it was infuriating watching them more than it was exciting.

Reactions: CatPatrick13
I’m driving up from Clinton, TN to bring my 76 year old mother. She doesn’t know it though. I’m surprising her by taking her “out for a drive” - which just happens to end up at Rupp Arena.

Edit: I’m so excited. I told mom last night I had a new park I wanted to take her to today and to be ready at one. I said to wear a Kentucky shirt because we need to rock our gear for Coach Pope’s day. She has no clue. She is excited and happy for Pope to be at Kentucky so I believe today will be a great surprise for her! Bringing my daughter too! Go Big Blue!

Last edited:
The end of that Arkansas presser was hilarious. Guy asked the last question and they tell Cal it was over and he blurted out “good.” Quickly tried to pivot. I mean good like we can get to work now. Paraphrasing of course. Cracked me up. The guy cannot contain how much of a prick he is.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT