ADVERTISEMENT

Let’s Change It Up…

Jan 12, 2021
OK…we know what we’re all thinking and we all have our thoughts what may or may not happen or who will be UK’s next coach, including me…so let’s take a break in the madness of this crazy offseason ahead of us diehard fans…so here it goes:

What was your 1st UK game that you ever remembered watching…I’ll go 1st:

11/26/1983 vs UL against Bowie, Turpin, Walker, Master, and Beal.

Won 65 - 44

OK…we know what we’re all thinking and we all have our thoughts what may or may not happen or who will be UK’s next coach, including me…so let’s take a break in the madness of this crazy offseason ahead of us diehard fans…so here it goes:

What was your 1st UK game that you ever remembered watching…I’ll go 1st:

11/26/1983 vs UL against Bowie, Turpin, Walker, Master, and Beal.

Won 65 - 44
I remember back tothe 1969/70 season and the game vs Jacksonville. Dan Issel got called for a foul as he ran over a Dolphin player around mid court. He was just running and the saw Dan was looking away and stepped in front of Dan and the whistle blew. I was 10 years old and cried the rest of the day. The JU player was Vaughn Wedeking. 55 years later and I guess I will never forget!
I was at the 1983 game too, my first in Rupp Arena!

I can't remember the game. I never saw a basketball game until the 1963 National Championship game. So, the 1st UK game would probably have been in the 65-66 season. I think it would have been the win over Michigan and Cazzie Russell. Until then, it was just radio. For how long it's been, that could have been radio, too.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT