ADVERTISEMENT

Let’s be honest

Drew had 1 amazing year and 21 where he lost 14 games and lost in the first or second round. If it's him that's soul crushing, beg cal back
in 2020 He was also 26-4 and the best team not named Dayton (who all knew was over rated due to an easy schedule) So baylor could have gone back to back if not for the virus ending the season right when conf tournaments were to start. Drew did all of this at Baylor
He deserves a chance. He isn’t a charity case coach, does he have faults sure. But outside of Hurley every coach has glaring ones
Hurley has 3 out of 6 years at UConn with 10+ loss seasons too.. 4 out of 6 years of early exits or not making the NCAAT. several poor years at Rhode Island too.

There is no coach out there that is the perfect coach for people .

Don’t know if this is true but apparently in that zagoria article is says Hurley gave Kentucky a resounding no

in 2020 He was also 26-4 and the best team not named Dayton (who all knew was over rated due to an easy schedule) So baylor could have gone back to back if not for the virus ending the season right when conf tournaments were to start. Drew did all of this at Baylor

Hurley has 3 out of 6 years at UConn with 10+ loss seasons too.. 4 out of 6 years of early exits or not making the NCAAT. several poor years at Rhode Island too.

There is no coach out there that is the perfect coach for people .

Agreed.

Calipari was at Memphis for 9 years. Missed the NCAA tourney in 3 of those years. Lost in the first round against Arizona State (not Arizona) another year. Lost to 9 seed Missouri another year. And oh yeah, choked away his one championship game appearance.

We should've passed on him too? This board is looney.

Here's the funny thing about this for me. The past few years, I'd been putting Baylor to go deep into the NCAA tournament in my brackets because, on paper, they looked pretty good. Every year, they choked. This year, I said I was never going to put Baylor to go far EVER. I didn't even realize Drew coached Baylor until all this came up.

So... I guess I'd be a little nervous about hiring Drew, just like I am about putting Baylor in my brackets.
Drew wouldn’t even be considered if Mitch wasn’t buddies with him. If Hurley and others have declined then that’s fine but if there weren’t at least contacted then that’s when I have a problem.

Horrible hire... UK is already the cowboys, choking away all the big games....will become as irrelevant as IU next.

Last edited:
UNC just recently hired Hubert Davis and Duke hired Jon Scheyer.

Please explain to me how Drew is a worse hire. Or are those spots not top 5 jobs now either?
The difference is, both those guys were hired following legends who retired and were "Still" on top. Scheyer is continuing exactly what coach K built. Davis is continuing exactly what Roy Williams has built. If Cal were retiring on top and they wanted to replace him with a guy that's been on his for all the winning I'd be all for it. But that's not the case. Cal is being replaced bc he sucked not bc he was retiring.

I’m not a huge Drew fan but the people bashing him and downplaying him winning a title are ridiculous. If it’s no big deal and so easy to do why are there only 7 coaches who have ever won a title?

Every school in the country would consider Drew if he was interested and they had an opening.

It’s getting a little bit silly
I'm not disregarding the Covid title but at the same time I'm not confident that it is repeatable either and am not enamored about the post seasons otherwise.

I'm not going to trash the guy and will be cheering for the Cats to win and win big but I'd also be lying if I was saying I had a good feeling about it and don't have him too high on my personal list.

How do you know that they weren’t called or aren’t even still in the mix? This is one guy reporting it, not exactly written in stone yet.
I don’t at all, that’s just what was said apparently. I can’t see Barnhart not atleast trying with Hurley

Well Trilly donavon is Matt norlander
Then why the pseudonym? If he feels so strongly about the validity of his rumors then why not put them out there under his own name and at least get the recognition for breaking the news, unless he’s not 100% and doesn’t want to be exposed 🤷‍♂️

Anyone who says UK would be better off with Calipari versus Drew is an absolute IDIOT. I mean that's a completely idiotic statement and totally disqualifies anything else they have to say.

Reactions: Dontworryboutit23
Then why the pseudonym? If he feels so strongly about the validity of his rumors then why not put them out there under his own name and at least get the recognition for breaking the news, unless he’s not 100% and doesn’t want to be exposed 🤷‍♂️
I saw somebody say it’s because he wants to get more interaction with common fans without being know, but people figured out who it was

Reactions: flacat22
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT