ADVERTISEMENT

Less-heralded newcomer sightings?

PersianCat387

Sophomore
Aug 18, 2007
Lexington
With all the bad camera angles and the late hour, I have to admit I didn't put much effort into following a lot of the lineups and backups playing in positions that weren't the focus of the action last night. Besides the big revelations like Brock and Maclin, did some of the other folks get snaps and if you noticed them, how did they perform.

Questions I have:

Did Waller even play? Is he still on the mend?

Did Story get some backup snaps and look like he could play?

Did anyone notice if Gilbert rotated in at all? Dline looks good in general but I hope he can be an actual 3rd option inside when needed and not be too undersized to contribute since it sounds like Dennious Jackson won't actually be a contributor this year.

I was happy the new kickoff guy is legit. I'm almost worried that the first time he doesn't pin one we might be in trouble if the guys forget how to cover lol.

With all the bad camera angles and the late hour, I have to admit I didn't put much effort into following a lot of the lineups and backups playing in positions that weren't the focus of the action last night. Besides the big revelations like Brock and Maclin, did some of the other folks get snaps and if you noticed them, how did they perform.

Questions I have:

Did Waller even play? Is he still on the mend?

Did Story get some backup snaps and look like he could play?

Did anyone notice if Gilbert rotated in at all? Dline looks good in general but I hope he can be an actual 3rd option inside when needed and not be too undersized to contribute since it sounds like Dennious Jackson won't actually be a contributor this year.

I was happy the new kickoff guy is legit. I'm almost worried that the first time he doesn't pin one we might be in trouble if the guys forget how to cover lol.
True freshman Rodriquez had a nice KO return when they went for a pooch kick to stay away from BB. Other true freshmen Cam Dooley, Antwan Smith and Steven Soles shut down their ill-fated fake punt. Think Dooley actually got credit for the tackle but he Smith and Soles smothered the runner. Gilbert played, DJ did not....have to think cancelling the last quarter and a half cost some younger guys PT.

Reactions: JrandoUK
Gilbert played, DJ did not....have to think cancelling the last quarter and a half cost some younger guys PT.
… but it gives another game to some players who would’ve played in 2nd half while still trying to save their redshirt.

It sounds like Stoops is less interested in saving redshirts as in previous years.

Did Robinson and the Smith twins get snaps? I expect 2 of the three to not redshirt this year. It would’ve been nice to see them get some extended pt.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT