ADVERTISEMENT

Legit timeline

Jan 11, 2016
What is everyone’s opinion on the timeline for the hiring of the new Coach? I’m hoping and would think within the week so the new coach can really focus on the portal.

It will be done this week is my prediction. Has to in order to get a coach, get him here to get in on the portal early, and to work on any last year players he might want to convince to stay.

Reactions: crestcat
If there's any chance it will be Hurley and they win tonight, it will be late in the week like Friday at the earliest.

If there's any chance it will be Hurley and they lose tonight, it will be slightly earlier.

If it's anybody else, my guess is we know by Wed/Thurs.

I don't think there's any chance it's Donovan, but the timing for him would be longer.

Reactions: ChicagoCat1990
If there's any chance it will be Hurley and they win tonight, it will be late in the week like Friday at the earliest.

If there's any chance it will be Hurley and they lose tonight, it will be slightly earlier.

If it's anybody else, my guess is we know by Wed/Thurs.

I don't think there's any chance it's Donovan, but the timing for him would be longer.
Agreed.

And that sucks because I think there is legit chance Donovon would come this time but they are in the play in games.

Donovan nba ride has been meh and I bet he would take the job at Camelot for more money than nba pays him.

This is one of the negatives of the portal... helps coaches get a team in year one but there is not waiting game for a big hire....have to move fast

Reactions: know1
April 16th is the end of the Bulls season. Probably all but confirmed before then though.

Yeah I think it needs to happen by Friday.
Yep and no later. Gives the week to call/vet/discuss details, announcement before lunch on Friday, and 1st news on recruits/portals/current players start developing early next week.

Don’t we have to post it for ten days or some bs? Not saying we can’t have a deal in waiting but a presser will have to wait I believe.

If it doesn't happen this week then it's a major problem and it means we are in scramble mode.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT