ADVERTISEMENT

Lawson Brothers to Kansas

I haven't trashed anyone in this thread. But, you keep telling stories about how you are better than everyone else.
dog gone it... people like you
Better than everyone? Nah, better than the people who lack basic common decency and attack others, he'll yeah. It's still funny how you guys are so comfortable trashing people but so sensitive when it comes back on you.

Better than everyone? Nah, better than the people who lack basic common decency and attack others, he'll yeah. It's still funny how you guys are so comfortable trashing people but so sensitive when it comes back on you.
My last words... I have not trashed your precious... but you live in your own special world, and I'm sure your sanctimonious judgement, bigotry and hatred has skewed your ability for basic reading comprehension; and since you definetly lack basic common decency to have a discussion without cussing and name calling, good night.

F Self
d464b03a4d5034ff08dc71d78ba93d71a0402d74715b433b8d9e5a7d18e3b209.jpg

I stole the below interview summary (with the dad) from their board. Honestly hadn't really paid attention to these guys much before. Interesting that it sounds like Dedric might have ended up here under different circumstances. Honestly, this interview makes them sound much more tamer than some of the negative stuff being floated. Dad is genuinely trying to make a go at a coaching career. Just didn't work out in Memphis since Tubby brought his entire staff, so he's going to look elsewhere. Specifically not at Kansas, so nothing shady there really. Respect that he just says they're 4 year guys. Don't see that much from most prima donna parents, so nice to see a dad with a good grasp on reality. Didn't realize they had friendships with current KU players, so that answers the question on how this happened so quickly. Would LOVE to know which school it was that tried to "buy" his sons services by offering him the $300k gig. I'd guess Missouri, haha.

Dedric liked Kansas, Kentucky and Louisville before he committed to Memphis.

- Dedric graduated high school early.

- He sees his kids as 3-4 year players now and specifically mentioned Malik Newman's transfer from Mississippi St. and his friendship with Dedric as the first immediate link to Kansas. (This may bode well for Newman coming back for another season to play with Dedric unless he absolutely blows up.)

- Mentioned receiving extra insight from scouts and agents about Dedric's draft possibilities being on staff at Memphis. The feedback they got, "Made sense."

- They decided that they needed to, "Recreate or rebrand themselves."

- The kid's relationship with Newman from before and then LeGerald Vick going back to Memphis over the summer to work out helped with their decision.

- Kurtis Townsend made the first phone call to initiate KU's interest.

- Self was in Memphis last weekend closing the deal.

- There was a solid burp by Keelon at the 3:40 mark right when Parrish starts getting into his personal stuff. Must have been a stomach gurgle.

- Keelon told Tubby that he doesn't think his sons can accomplish their goals if they stay at Memphis.

- He spoke about Tubby bringing his whole staff with him. Spoke about his time with Pastner the year before. Nothing KU related. He respects Tubby for making sure he was well compensated while his sons were still on the roster.

- Dedric just had a daughter 3 weeks ago.

- Dedric has spoken to Tarik Black a lot. Black said if he had it to do all over again he'd have gone straight to Kansas. Vick also had great things to say about Self and Kansas while at the Lawson dinner table so you know it's real talk Keelon says.

- Said that if he was still a full time assistant at Memphis that his sons would be getting ready for their next season at the school. Fully admits that his sons came to Memphis because they wanted to help out his career since he worked hard to get his degree while they were younger so he would have an opportunity to coach in college.

- Dedric said that he really wanted to go to Kentucky but wanted to stay in Memphis and be the home town hero. He thought he could be a one or two and done.

- Very interesting remarks about a shoe deal that I couldn't quite understand and overall shady recruiting around the 14:45 mark. Too much to transcribe. He did say one school offered him $300,000 for an assistant coaching gig but he turned it down.

- He's worried that there might be a stigma attached to his sons now from what has happened this last season with Tubby. That's why he wants them to rebrand somewhere else.

- He will not be on the Kansas staff next season.

- That means if he goes to another high major school it's entirely possible his other sons and nephew don't follow these two to Kansas. He does say that his dream job now would be at a cushy Juco to collect checks and help shape the youths of tomorrow. Lets hope that happens.

- Parrish at the end says that people are saying, "You can't win with the Lawsons." Obviously Bill Self thinks you can win with the Lawsons. Sounds like a 15th straight Big 12 title on the way with Dedric Lawson as Big 12 POY.

The point I've been making about Tubby is he cannot recruit in today's world. He needs to accept it and go to a small program somewhere. Stop robbing programs of millions when you already know the work will not be done. Tubby has already admitted he underestimated the Memphis recruiting scene. He's a fraud. He knew going in he wouldn't deal with the filth in this town. He just knew Memphis needed a name and for some reason he still has one.

Once tubby is ran out of Memphis the book will be sealed on him and his small band of soft bigotry pumpers.

While Tubby is hardly a great coach, why does he need to accept it?

If Memphis offered you 3 million per year, you're really going to pause and say "No, I'm not good enough, I'm going to go take 200k from Southwestern Missouri State?"

I just don't get the notion that anyone should not pursue or accept a better job.

While Tubby is hardly a great coach, why does he need to accept it?

If Memphis offered you 3 million per year, you're really going to pause and say "No, I'm not good enough, I'm going to go take 200k from Southwestern Missouri State?"

I just don't get the notion that anyone should not pursue or accept a better job.

That's fine. I think for some it just blows their minds anyone would offer him a job in the millions. I think Tubby knows by now what it takes to run a highly seluccessful program. He tells the AD's a bunch of crap and goes back on all of it. Memphis brass wanted him to:

1. Get penny hardaway involved. He hasn't even tried.
2. Retain the Lawson's - he screwed that up because of Saul Smith
3. Recruit Moss and a few others that are local - has barely tried.

Memohis people are really fired up over this. Maybe Memphis will finally kill his career. He shouldn't be employed in high level basketball as a HC. that is clear.

I think it's hilarious how the Lawson's realize that by going to Kansas, they can rebuild their image.

KU and Self are untouchable by the media - unless it's the local rag.

I hate bullies man, I can't help it. I hate guys with mob mentality who get together in groups to trash others. That's you and a few others on this board. Like a typical bully you can dish it but you can't take it. I take pride being a problem for trashy people who attack people who can't defend themselves.
I rarely do this, but your posts are down right low IQ dumb. What are you....15 years old or mentally deficient? Sheesh...

I think it's hilarious how the Lawson's realize that by going to Kansas, they can rebuild their image.
He said "rebrand", doesn't appear they did anything bad requiring a rebuild of image. In other words get more exposure so people talk about how good they are. Can't do that on a terrible team in Memphis with a terrible coach that nobody watches.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT