ADVERTISEMENT

Lavell Wright

Not too surprising with DSK, Chip, Patterson maybe more depending on injuries that room getting a little crowded.
Yeah, i can definitely understand him wanting to play and he has worked really hard to get some good minutes. Seeing the talent in front of him, i can’t say I blame him. Hate to lose a guy that’s put so much hard work and effort to grow like he has but it’s probably the right move for him I suppose. Whatever happens I’ll definitely remain a big fan and watch him play. Best of luck to him for sure. One or two injuries are just a snap away though but i still understand his decision if he does indeed move on. Really like this group though either way.

Had a big run toward the end of the U of L game 2 seasons ago. Was hoping to see more from him, but this isnt a surprise.

Reactions: Ky grandpa
Since Wright committed to the CATS I have been hoping he would be a regular contributor. I am wishing him great success wherever he goes. GO CATS!!

Reactions: Ky grandpa
Why are you obsessed with Wilcox?!

We're not hearing about him because no one is asking and he's probably being worked in carefully.
Not obsessed, just curious as to his progress. Aren't you? When signed Stoops himself said Wilcox was "an electric playmaker." He's vital to whatever success UK will have in coming years. He's an important product.

Not obsessed, just curious as to his progress. Aren't you? When signed Stoops himself said Wilcox was "an electric playmaker." He's vital to whatever success UK will have in coming years. He's an important product.

Always curious, but never demanding or emotional about it I guess. I know the news will come when it comes

Reactions: kywildcat41086
Wilcox is practicing.

I think I read somewhere that he was having problems learning his assignments.

Always curious, but never demanding or emotional about it I guess. I know the news will come when it comes

OC Hamdan commented specifically on Wilcox. It does sound like a playbook issue... he is asked at about the 6:25 mark in the video.

OC Hamdan about Wilcox

OC Hamdan commented specifically on Wilcox. It does sound like a playbook issue... he is asked at about the 6:25 mark in the video.

OC Hamdan about Wilcox
My guess is it would be blitz pickup. That might be the hardest thing for college RBs to learn and some never learn it well. Even the great Jim Brown was notorious for not blocking well.

It is spring and Stoops let Patterson and Gilmore talk to the press. That might tell you something about the RB room.

AND, I may be reading too much in, but Bush praised the professionalism of Chip and Demi, but also made it a point to say that no one RB was standing out from the others. That sounds like spring portal recruiting talk to me. Or, just spring talk?

I was happy a reporter specifically asked about Wilcox. His athleticism and potential are obvious, but his head is not yet fully in the playbook.

yea, that was our own Jeff Drummond.

Yeah, I really should've linked his youtube. I have always liked JDrum, so I'm glad you gave the proper credit to him.

The only reason I tend to use KSR's for the post-practice interview is their resolution is usually higher.

Nah, Spring talk. Tell kids nobody is standing out, everyone still in the mix to be 1 or 2 RB. Don't let guys start thinking they are down the depth chart so better start prepping to go in the Spring portal.
Unless the coaches want (need) for some of them to hit the portal. That is part of the equation also. The Transfer Portal is not a one-way situation.

I have heard CMS make the comment that "we are going to need to make some room on the roster" for other players coming in.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT