ADVERTISEMENT

Latest Woodworking Project

Here is my latest project. I am building a couple of end tables for my oldest son. This is the first one. I'm still finishing up the second one. It's a floating top design. The top is tiger maple with a walnut strip down the center. The frame is walnut with maple dowels through the tenons. As usual, I can't seem to post individual pictures so this link should let you see them. https://postimg.cc/gallery/8D6r7JB

Drop down to "Direct Link"

Highlight and copy the jpg you want to post.

Click on the pic icon and paste the jpg link in the space.

Looks nice.

End-Table-Floating-Top-Walnut-and-Tiger-Maple-1.jpg

Bringing this back to the top for my latest project. Gave my old bench to my mom and now I feel like I have a shortage of exterior furniture. So I decided to try another bench but with a table in the middle. I think it turned out pretty good. The only thing I'm not happy with is the gap in the front of the table section. There's enough room for a 2x2 strip in there with a small gap on each side. So I might do that.

NoFrG1j.jpeg

Still need to sand the whole thing and probably will cover the screws when I know the weather will be nice for a few days. Yes it's currently in my kitchen. Cut everything outside and assembled it in the house to enjoy the air conditioning. I'm debating how I will finish it. Thinking about using a torch on it and just sealing it after that.

My next big project is finishing up where an old above ground pool was in the backyard. Threw some fill dirt in there. Going to probably have to till it up more and see how much it drops when it keeps getting wet. I want to then cover the area in fabric and mulch. Then just need to figure out what to make to put out there. Was thinking of some seating with maybe a fire pit. Anything but grass. Don't want anymore grass to deal with.

zUu3KaI.jpeg

I'm doing some home improvements on the inside of the house as well over the next few months. So will be bouncing around a lot.

Looks good.

A roundover bit on the arms, back, and other spots would dress it up and make it nicer to handle. Even just a 1/8” roundover bit would be enough.

If you don’t have a router, invest in one even if it is just a smaller palm router like the Bosch Colt.

Looks good.

A roundover bit on the arms, back, and other spots would dress it up and make it nicer to handle. Even just a 1/8” roundover bit would be enough.

If you don’t have a router, invest in one even if it is just a smaller palm router like the Bosch Colt.

That's what the build called for, but don't have one at this time. Might be my next tool purchase. This is just the simplest way to do it with minimal tools. I'll try and make things look fancier when I have a better setup.

Looks good. Especially since you have limited tools. Keep it up. Way better than anything I’ve made.

I don’t know your location but if you are near Louisville, I will loan you my palm router and bit.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT