ADVERTISEMENT

Late stretch 4 possibility

catsfanbgky

All-American
Oct 18, 2006
I will preface this as I do not know anything or have any inside info on this guy. He is just a player who COULD return to college.
I have not seen anything suggesting UK is even involved (Which they try not to let it get out).

Coleman Hawkins 6-10 stretch 4 from Illinois. He averaged 12 pts. / 6 reb. / 3 assist / 1.5 steals 1.1 blocks per game.
He shot 54% from 2FG and 37% from 3FG. He is considered the BEST stretch 4 available in the portal. He may end up staying in the draft, but if not, I would love for UK to get involved (if they haven't already). Some will say "he only averaged 12 per game", yeah, but he did so on a really good team and in the BIG conference.

Thoughts ?

Hawkins would be desirable in a vacuum and is anyway but adding him would potentially bring down the JINGA between sending Carr to the pine and him looking for a mighty stack.

I'd guess a million would be the lower end of his ask.

Almonor is a legit player who has always played above any so called rating. He was the player who basically lead F D when they upset. Purdue in the tourney. He’s the player that I want. Watch that game and see the defense he played.
He played good defense he didn’t do anything offensively that game but I like Almanor for what Kentucky will need him to be

Reactions: rivercatinfl
I will preface this as I do not know anything or have any inside info on this guy. He is just a player who COULD return to college.
I have not seen anything suggesting UK is even involved (Which they try not to let it get out).

Coleman Hawkins 6-10 stretch 4 from Illinois. He averaged 12 pts. / 6 reb. / 3 assist / 1.5 steals 1.1 blocks per game.
He shot 54% from 2FG and 37% from 3FG. He is considered the BEST stretch 4 available in the portal. He may end up staying in the draft, but if not, I would love for UK to get involved (if they haven't already). Some will say "he only averaged 12 per game", yeah, but he did so on a really good team and in the BIG conference.

Thoughts ?
Pretty sure he had a couple decent games at the combine. My guess is he stays in the draft.

Thoughts ?
Add Coleman and Lainer or Robinson, we’re a top five team day one. He’s as tough as they come and would be great here. He’s saying he really wants to stay in the draft and would actually consider getting the league minimum over a couple million NIL and coming back to college. I know Kansas of course has contacted but that’s was before they got a couple more guys. He’s said he’s not going back to Illinois because it wouldn’t be fair to the guys who chose to go there knowing he would be gone. Cal has been in contact and the guys in the know think North Carolina is probably the choice as of now. Anyway, I’m with you and would go all in for him if it were me! Who knows, he may actually listen and want to play here. He a real one for sure. Should’ve also beat pearl for Anchor but he got in on him first I think. He would’ve been as good I think but I believe he’s going to Auburn. Toppin would be great as well. The way it looks as of now is the staff is happy and going all in for Lainer and either Robinson if he comes back to school or someone like him and the guy from FDU as a ten minute guy off the bench. Will still be a great team with that roster and we’ll all be happy I believe. Still, doesn’t mean I wouldn’t love to have Hawkins. Haha. Thanks

Unless things change with Almonor I suspect he’s popes guy as the backup 4. He may not be the “best” available but carr is popes man as the primary 4 and I’d guess Hawkins and waterman would expect a starting or bigger roll
He would get it too if he ended up here. lol. Isn’t going to happen but you know what I mean. He and Carr would be a great duo.

He would get it too if he ended up here. lol. Isn’t going to happen but you know what I mean. He and Carr would be a great duo.
I agree with you. No one in popes system will probably play much over 25 mins a game. Robinson was his best player last year and may end up getting drafted and he came off the bench. That’s why I always thought there was room for Lanier and Robinson. We could have 4 quality 4 and 5 men and they all average 20 mins a game and all excel. I’m just guessing that sharing that role may be a hard sale to some of the upper level guys.

Thoughts ?
Lol dude hits 2 three pointers at combine game and our fans get to work

Coleman Hawkins is potentially a late first round pick after his combine performance, I don’t think some of you realize that. He’s more than likely going pro, but he would make more money next year in college than what he’d make in the first year of his contract as a late 1st, early 2nd pick.

I agree with you. No one in popes system will probably play much over 25 mins a game. Robinson was his best player last year and may end up getting drafted and he came off the bench. That’s why I always thought there was room for Lanier and Robinson. We could have 4 quality 4 and 5 men and they all average 20 mins a game and all excel. I’m just guessing that sharing that role may be a hard sale to some of the upper level guys.
I think Pope will take these guys and use them well.
He's a very good x's and O's coach.
he will mesh them into his system and I predict we will be very good team.

Lol dude hits 2 three pointers at combine game and our fans get to work
Not it had nothing to do with him hitting a "couple of threes". it was what he has done at Illinois that had me curious. I stated as much in my post. I didn't think he was even on our radar. Read son. The game he had yesterday actually hurt any chance of him coming back to college, so you are wayyyyyyy off on your little dig. If you would not want him, it just shows how much lack of knowledge for the game you have.

Reactions: JASUN74
Not it had nothing to do with him hitting a "couple of threes". it was what he has done at Illinois that had me curious. I stated as much in my post. I didn't think he was even on our radar. Read son. The game he had yesterday actually hurt any chance of him coming back to college, so you are wayyyyyyy off on your little dig. If you would not want him, it just shows how much lack of knowledge for the game you have.
I didn't say anything about not wanting him. He wasn't on anyone's radar until he had a good game yesterday. Whether you want to admit it or not. You got the idea from his good game "son"

Weird you posted it at the exact time his game was going on.
Oh my bad you're from bg, I can't be rude to my fellow BG people.

I didn't say anything about not wanting him. He wasn't on anyone's radar until he had a good game yesterday. Whether you want to admit it or not. You got the idea from his good game "son"

FALSE. If you have never heard of him, you do not watch basketball. On3 has had him listed as the best stretch 4 in the portal for a while now. I didn't have a GD clue what he had did in the scrimmage. I simply knew we needed a stretch 4 as well as a scoring 2G or wing, looked at the available portal rankings. Which is why I posted his SEASON stats, not ONE combine scrimmage stats. READ what I posted and the time.

As long as you know that you will be OK. I am actually from Madisonville, not that has anything to do with it either ? Weird post, but judging by your lack of intelligence, I understand. And in the Future, please make sure you capitalize the B and the G, thanks in advance.

Good post and I agree on most all, I do think all of them can play 20 minutes a game and if they absolutely play as hard as they possibly can the entire 20, lol, man that’s a heck of days work. Of course we’ll have some guys who won’t get much time this season, but they’re going to compete in practice and be fantastic in a couple years. The 8-9-10 guys that actually play the big minutes this season are going to be great I think and really looking forward to seeing who else we get. In my opinion, as of right now we’re really good but not a contender for the sec or final four for sure, I will say however, if we do happen to get Lanier and either one of Robinson, Poplar or someone like those guys we are right there as a top five type team. The more Miami games I watch, the more I like Poplar, he’s going to be a really good player for someone this season if he comes back. Pest on defense and fantastic in the open court, he can flat out finish. Thanks bud.

Hawkins would be desirable in a vacuum and is anyway but adding him would potentially bring down the JINGA between sending Carr to the pine and him looking for a mighty stack.

I'd guess a million would be the lower end of his ask.
It would 100% send Carr to the beach to begin the game but he’d still get his 20 minutes and if we’re winning I’d bet that would work great. lol. Great to dream about. Man if we could’ve gotten this staff together about a month earlier, wow, I mean they’re doing an unbelievable job already but I bet they would’ve got everyone they wanted.

Bullll shiiit. The ONLY reason we weren’t talking about him that much is because it was always thought he was going back to Illinois if he came back. I mean he was one of best forwards in college last year but yeah it’s because he hit two threes. Us not being linked to him like Robinson, Lanier and all the others we talked about is probably why we didn’t waste our time on him? It’s just fans talking about a player they would like to have! What’s the problem with that?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT