ADVERTISEMENT

Larry Glover on 590

65pacecar

Sophomore
Nov 16, 2014
Lexington, KY
Is saying he thinks we win this weekend and probably lose in Final Four most likely to Az if we keep playing like we did this weekend and the last few weeks. He thinks with Booker slumping it will be difficult to win it all.

Sounds like he's been listening to too many negative talking heads.

It's one of the most popular things to do right now in second guessing UK. If you're right you can brag about and if not everyone will forget about it after UK wins it all.

After reading this, I just ordered 60 national title shirts.

Glover doesn't know his ass from a hole in the ground.

DoyleHargrave1 and catfaninsc both disagree, along with me. That should make it at least 3 times more likely that he is wrong, cause 3 opinions against 1 is all that it is. Anyone who watches basketball can have just as good of an opinion as the talking heads, and maybe even better. This is getting ridiculous how everyone freaks out when these so called experts give an opinion we don't agree with( not calling out the op, just generally speaking).

If we play the defense we are capable of (and perhaps we don't always, but if we do) then we will absolutely be in every game. At that point, if our offense is firing on half cylinders we should still win.

To be fair, it doesn't seem like he predicted AZ for sure would beat us. He just stated if we keep having slow starts and Booker slumps it will make it difficult to beat a hot team, which AZ is right now. I sure hope Booker finds his shooting stroke again, it opens up the opposing defenses so much.

Originally posted by JerseyCat84:
To be fair, it doesn't seem like he predicted AZ for sure would beat us. He just stated if we keep having slow starts and Booker slumps it will make it difficult to beat a hot team, which AZ is right now. I sure hope Booker finds his shooting stroke again, it opens up the opposing defenses so much.
I love how people keep saying a team that is not that good offensive and can't shoot well is going to not only beat UK, but beat Wisconsin before that just to get to UK.

I swear, some of these talking heads are acting like UK needed last second shots to beat Hampton and Cincinnati

I think having a few day's off will help Ky to regroup and rekindle the fire. Really, I think we played better in the fall. That 1st 1/2 against UCLA may have been the best we've played all year. My hope is that we get that swagger back.. If we keep playing the way we have been, it's gonna be hard to beat Wisc. or Arizona and Duke really looks good. If we play our A game we can't and won't be stopped.. I don't think this team came this far to be robbed of there goal.

Don't know much about Larry Glover and if he is any good at sports or not but I think if all of us UK fans would be honest we would all say that we are a little concerned with how this team is playing. Maybe they are just doing enough to get by and saving their energy for the games further in the tourney but I have to admit since we got in to SEC play this team doesn't seem like they are playing as well as they were at the beginning of the season. To me it seems like they have regressed. Hopefully they are playing a little possum and doing it for a reason but if I said I was as confident that this team will win it all as I was earlier I would be lying. Hope I am just being a worry wart fan but I am nervous. All the talking heads will feel vindicated and the hate being spewed at Cal and Kentucky will hit epic levels if they don't win it all. Sucks but unfortunately I think the media has been waiting for this moment all season. They have been talking about 40-0 and nobody can beat Kentucky just so they can pounce and discredit Cal and how he cant get it done in the big games. Yes I know he won the title in 12 but they don't care about that. They will talk about the Memphis team and losing in the Championship Game, Losing in the Final 4 to UCONN, Losing in the title game to UCONN and then this year. Think about it. Doesn't it seem a little weird that all the talking heads have been singing our praises and even calling this Kentuckys Tourney while not saying a word about Duke and their 9 McDonalds all Americans. Same as us I might add. I hope we win it all for some reasons but I also feel we have been built up and our ego stroked just to hopefully watch us fall. Sorry for the rant and hopefully this team can make history but they seem to be playing a lot more timid than I hoped they would. I was hoping the way they done just enough to win all their SEC games was just that and they were waiting on the real tournament to start. Now that it has started I am doubting we are as head and shoulders above everyone else as I thought or hoped. Folks on here can pick this apart and discredit it all they want but I think a lot of folks are starting to feel this. Maybe I am paranoid and I am letting the stress of the whole situation get to me more than the players are. All I know is I want this title this year for a lot of reasons and some of those reasons are selfish as I fear the backlash from the fans and media if we for some reason don't.

Originally posted by cal=8:
I think having a few day's off will help Ky to regroup and rekindle the fire. Really, I think we played better in the fall. That 1st 1/2 against UCLA may have been the best we've played all year. My hope is that we get that swagger back.. If we keep playing the way we have been, it's gonna be hard to beat Wisc. or Arizona and Duke really looks good. If we play our A game we can't and won't be stopped.. I don't think this team came this far to be robbed of there goal.
Yeah, cause Wisconsin looked so dominant in their win over Oregon...not. Arizona struggled with OSU most of the first half, and turned it on in the 2nd like UK did. Duke let SD ST cut it to 7 with 12 minutes to go...a terrible SD ST team. So let's not act like these teams have looked any better thus far.

I don't get this whole 'not playing well' b.s. Since the start of the SEC tournament we've shot

38% 2PT 30% 3PT - Florida
56% 2PT 50% 3PT - Auburn
51% 2PT 58% 3PT - Arkansas
46% 2PT 30% 3PT - Hampton
37% 2PT 27% 3PT - Cincy

AVERAGE
45.6 2PT 39% 3PT

Sorry, but we were not playing better in the fall, that's ridiculous. Towns, Andrew, Ullis and Lyles are playing exceptionally better than they were in November/December. Booker has been shooting the 3 terribly but he has improved in all other areas.

Why do people say we aren't playing well on offense. We have the highest points per possession in the NCAA tournament.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

People can say what they want, but comparing scores or teams against each other really doesn't mean much, we know even if it is the NCAA tournament, teams will play harder against UK, yes they will. There is something about playing that name that makes people play out of their minds, I remember a former UK coach who said he watched other league teams play against each other and it was like night and day, the way they played UK as opposed to the way they played each other. That's why there will be fairly close games from here on out, these aren't league teams but the same thing applies.

I have some concerns, as well, but feel this team can overcome a poor shooting night from three if they take care of the ball and rebound. Still looking for the next gear for these guys....hopefully, we will see it on Thursday night. As Calipari said, they have only four more games to play and they are motivated to win, so I have to believe they are in the correct frame of mind. They are 18, 19 and 20 year old young men, so anything can happen. GBB!

I would feel a lot more confident if Booker would heat up again. We are ok as long as Andrew, Aaron, & Ulis are hitting shots. A hot shooting Booker just makes it easier.

The defense in the Cincinnati game looked good to me there was a lot of shot clock violations and blocked shots during the game. The offense has been off a little but it was off a little at the beginning of the season.

Originally posted by kat57:

The defense in the Cincinnati game looked good to me there was a lot of shot clock violations and blocked shots during the game. The offense has been off a little but it was off a little at the beginning of the season.
I agree........I also think we missed a ton of open looks...2fters....jump shots....3pter's.....yet we still dominated. As long as we play good D I'm happy.

Originally posted by 65pacecar:
Is saying he thinks we win this weekend and probably lose in Final Four most likely to Az if we keep playing like we did this weekend and the last few weeks. He thinks with Booker slumping it will be difficult to win it all.
Matchups make games. All year long, Kentucky has played up and down to the level of the competition. People like Mr. Glover forget too quickly what we did to Kansas and UCLA. I feel another game like that coming in the EE or FF. But first, we will win an ugly one against WV on Thursday. No team is perfect, but I like our chances better than anyone else's.

Originally posted by UKWildcats#8:

Originally posted by cal=8:
Yeah, cause Wisconsin looked so dominant in their win over Oregon...not. Arizona struggled with OSU most of the first half, and turned it on in the 2nd like UK did. Duke let SD ST cut it to 7 with 12 minutes to go...a terrible SD ST team. So let's not act like these teams have looked any better th
This post was edited on 3/23 11:53 PM by cal=8

If Arizona is considered a "hot" team, what are we, exactly? I mean, we're what, 36-0?
wink.r191677.gif

This is Larry and I'd like to clear up some mis-information. I did NOT say that UK would probably lose to Arizona in the Final Four.

What I said was, UK was playing well enough to get through this weekend but felt that the Cats would have raise their level of play to win the National Championship. UK hadn't shown us their A-Game in a while and they would need it to cut down the nets.

The reference to Arizona came when I said that I felt they would beat Wisconsin. As far as Booker is concerned, I said that UK really needed to get him going because they were going to need him in the next couple of weeks.

Should anybody want to listen to formulate your own opinion, You can listen to the podcast.

http://larrygloverlive.com/2015/03/23/mondays-show-224/

Usually, I resist the urge offer corrections but felt it was needed. Thanks and carry on.

^ this

Originally posted by CatDaddy4daWin:
I don't get this whole 'not playing well' b.s. Since the start of the SEC tournament we've shot

38% 2PT 30% 3PT - Florida
56% 2PT 50% 3PT - Auburn
51% 2PT 58% 3PT - Arkansas
46% 2PT 30% 3PT - Hampton
37% 2PT 27% 3PT - Cincy

AVERAGE
45.6 2PT 39% 3PT

Sorry, but we were not playing better in the fall, that's ridiculous. Towns, Andrew, Ullis and Lyles are playing exceptionally better than they were in November/December. Booker has been shooting the 3 terribly but he has improved in all other areas.

Originally posted by 65pacecar:
If we come out slow like we tend to do at times, one of the top teams are going to have us down by a good margin and we may not recover. I still dont think we have played a full and complete game yet.

How is Arizona hotter than we are? Please explain that nonsense.

To be fair, it doesn't seem like he predicted AZ for sure would beat us. He just stated if we keep having slow starts and Booker slumps it will make it difficult to beat a hot team, which AZ is right now.
How is Arizona hotter than we are? We're 41-1 in our last 42 games and have won 36 in a row. How do they stack up against that kind of "hot"?

Originally posted by LordEgg:
people are mistaking a slow start on hampton and a slug fest with the nasty as being indicative of where we are. wv I'm guessing will look a lot like cinch game, which we won handily.
Exactly. Sure, we "only" beat Cin by 13, but that's as misleading a final score as you'll ever see -- we milked the clock the final 7 minutes, missed three or four free throws down the stretch, and they hit a nothing shot at the buzzer.

If the 13-point Cincinnati rock fight was the 25 point blow-out it should have been what would Glover be saying?

What would I be saying? How about what I actually said.

I said that UK won comfortably and the 13 point margin was misleading. It could have easily been 20 plus points.

The statements that your disagreeing with didn't come from me.

It's a little frustrating that someone completely mis-represents what I said and others react to it as if it's fact....and then criticize me for something that I did not say.

How anybody could have listened to last night's show and gotten the impression that I was dissing UK is mind boggling.

I'm sure the original poster was well intentioned but he clearly wasn't listening very closely.

Hopefully Cal's attempt to take the pressure off our shooters has worked. (See his post game comments on how the team knows now they can win without shooting well).

Clearly, if this team does shoot well, it is not going to lose to anyone. I like our chances!

I think we saw our "A" game first half vs. Arkansas. Hampton was a C and Cincinnati a solid B.

Originally posted by LGlover:
What would I be saying? How about what I actually said.

I said that UK won comfortably and the 13 point margin was misleading. It could have easily been 20 plus points.

The statements that your disagreeing with didn't come from me.

It's a little frustrating that someone completely mis-represents what I said and others react to it as if it's fact....and then criticize me for something that I did not say.

How anybody could have listened to last night's show and gotten the impression that I was dissing UK is mind boggling.

I'm sure the original poster was well intentioned but he clearly wasn't listening very closely.
laugh.r191677.gif
Welcome to the internet Larry. As Calipari always tells his players, try to ignore the "clutter", it will drive you insane.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT