ADVERTISEMENT

Larry glover live kentucky insider founder stated

We should let him learn on the job this year at Louisville as he shakes off all the youthful issues then get him to transfer here his sophomore year when he's ready to make a difference haha
But since it appears he's only playing 2 years I think picking up and getting comfortable in the offense that first year would have been good.

But since it appears he's only playing 2 years I think picking up and getting comfortable in the offense that first year would have been good.
Except there is obviously zero chance he's going somewhere to be a back up and learn a system. He's going somewhere to start and play 30 mpg. It won't be a winning formula.

This cannot be true, if Pope does not see the value of a player like JQ we are in trouble. I seriously doubt that this is the real reason.
Just quoting what the Kentucky insider was reporting today on Larry glover you may be right I am guessing if what he said is true it might be mark may not want to deal with his parents his dad is pretty outspoken

You do know that there are coaches he already has that are out recruiting for UK he just hasn’t officially named them yet. He isn’t doing it all on his own.
I do know. But are you listening to what I'm saying? Recruits are going to be hesitant when there isn't even enough players on the roster to even start a ballgame, and they're going to be hesitant when it's not publicly stated who the staff is going to be. I mean, I would want to know who the staff is going to be for sure.

Thiero would be perfect in Pope’s system as a slasher. He would eat defenses alive on back door screens.

Mos def. Lane is usually wide open. Some people have said you have to be able to shoot 3’s at like 40% to play that system. Not sure how much they have watched of the actual offense.

This cannot be true, if Pope does not see the value of a player like JQ we are in trouble. I seriously doubt that this is the real reason.
Or............ Pope values other damn good players that will be further along than what JQ would be next year. And if you look at who is on his list, its obvious JQ wants to start right away in year 1.

I do know. But are you listening to what I'm saying? Recruits are going to be hesitant when there isn't even enough players on the roster to even start a ballgame, and they're going to be hesitant when it's not publicly stated who the staff is going to be. I mean, I would want to know who the staff is going to be for sure.
WE will know by Monday who the staff is.

Agree with first 3 points
Not the next two.
Most of COW’s “offense” was create for yourself. Remember, “go make a play?” That was Welch’s offense last year. Pope’s offense has constant movement of all 5 players. Not 4 standing around watching their teammate do his 1 on 1 crap. Players like to run, shoot 3’s, and score. pope’s offense does all three.

School history does play a part - kids want to go to Kansas, N Carolina, Puke, UConn etc because they have winning traditions and play on TV. Sure some use the schools as a steppingstone to the NBA, but not every 1 and done is like Anthony Davis and make it big. The majority either don’t make it or are there for such a short period of time; no stardom or riches. But, these guys are not mentioned and fall by the wayside and are not playing at age 22. No where to go and no one cares.

I believe there are over 2,000 players in the portal. We need to find 10! Is that impossible?
There aren’t 2000 great players though. We need to find the best 10 we can, that is a bit harder.

Except there is obviously zero chance he's going somewhere to be a back up and learn a system. He's going somewhere to start and play 30 mpg. It won't be a winning formula.
No, starting freshmen is not a winning formula. You may hit number 23 on the Roulette Wheel in Purgatory occasionally, but that doesn't mean it's a smart gamble.

Reactions: NociHTTP
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT