ADVERTISEMENT

Lamont Butler's song from BBM

Video just dropped on YouTube. I know this may not be some of your all's cup of tea but it may be for some.

If that is what he likes to do awesome and he did a whole song without cursing and talking about drugs, prostitutes, and the only money reference was NIL. Kinda impressive, and maybe it shows future recruits who are interested in rapping they can show their stuff off here.

The song was OK I guess if you are into that kind of thing, but the lip syncing just made me cringe. Obviously, that's not his day job so he shouldn't be polished, but I can't imagine he's too proud of the actual performance.

Reactions: Col. Angus
Song is very meh vs other songs but pretty great as something done by a college athlete.

Also pretty cool to see they let him work with ky engineerin who is a massive name in hiphop and a huge uk fan.

Reactions: dckala2
The song was OK I guess if you are into that kind of thing, but the lip syncing just made me cringe. Obviously, that's not his day job so he shouldn't be polished, but I can't imagine he's too proud of the actual performance.

I thought the opposite. He's someone we brought in a few months ago who had the talents and courage to write and create a song about being a Wildcat with his teammates and had the stones to then attempt to make it a performance for us fans as his way of showing he bleeds blue. Not my type of song in anyway but that, to me, exemplifies the type of guy Pope recruits. Someone who gets it in their own way. I was very moved when I realized it was a song he made mentioning his teammates and not just some other song by a random rapper.

I thought the opposite. He's someone we brought in a few months ago who had the talents and courage to write and create a song about being a Wildcat with his teammates and had the stones to then attempt to make it a performance for us fans as his way of showing he bleeds blue. Not my type of song in anyway but that, to me, exemplifies the type of guy Pope recruits. Someone who gets it in their own way. I was very moved when I realized it was a song he made mentioning his teammates and not just some other song by a random rapper.
Yeah - I agree that the song was good (I said OK, because I'm not a fan of rap) because it's about the team and his teammates. It was the actual lip syncing routine that was awkward.

Last edited:
Sheesh. Tough critics here. I'm not a fan of rap music but I thought it was pretty awesome that he wrote a song and performed it! So he messed up on the lip syncing.... OMG. He's walking out into the biggest crowd he's ever seen in his life while doing it. I say we cut the kid some slack.
Yeah, I thought he did a great job. I"m not a rap guy but I liked it!

Yes, it's pretty damn good. I doubt any of the people knocking it could write anything nearly as clever and intelligent.

Usually the case. My favorite are the dudes that act like they could be Eminem because it’s so easy but they decided to forgo the millions and millions of dollars because they don’t like rap.

Reactions: Fox2monk
Yeah - I agree that the song was good (I said OK, because I'm not a fan of rap) because it's about the team and his teammates. It was the actual lip syncing routine that was awkward.

I guess but I take into account he's not used to "performing" on that level and trying not to eat shit walking down those steps. He's a basketball player trying to show love for the fans so I didn't even think about awkward because I was so moved by the effort.

Reactions: Phil_The_Music
Any time somebody who isn't a pro tries to rap they stand a good chance of embarrassing themselves. He didn't embarrass himself so he did good.

Reactions: Fox2monk
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT