ADVERTISEMENT

Lamb posts a somewhat disrespectful shot

Al McGuire, the great Marquette coach rightly said about Kentuckys basketball tradition “they had it before you, they had it during you, they'll have it when you're gone.” John Vincent Calipari is NOT bigger than Kentucky basketball. It's time.

Unpopular take here but everybody got what they wanted. No need in all the fighting still. I know things will be tense for a while but Cal’s run was done and UK fans were done.

There’s nothing wrong with players standing up for their former coaches and vice versa. It’s a dumb thing for him to say and totally inaccurate but big deal.

He was a major piece on that 2012 national championship team. I don’t think Lamb has the authority to climb Rupp’s rafters and remove our banner.

Let’s stop with the stupid stuff and focus on where we go from here.

Because none of those guys are Kentucky guys so it's not UK glory to them. All they know is UK didn't win anything for over a decade before Cal came along. Look no further than the Rondo/Cousins video.
I'm aware and now it's been over a decade since even he won a title at UK. Just glad it's over and a new era can begin.

Man and he was one of my favorites, oh well not like he can help us anymore anyways.
/unfollow

You haven’t met the fan department of the cult then.

Im not saying the cult doesn't exist (although it has to be a pretty small membership at this point lol)..

Just that the players are going to side with the coach. You hope a few of them still cherish the fanbase, the wins, the program.. But for a lot of them, Cal will come 1st.. and that probably applies to almost every school. Coach K's guys care more about Coach K, than they do about Duke.

Players sometimes have emotional attachments to former coaches and emotions
can make people say stupid things. Heck, it even happened to me once and I'm a robot.

This is just one example of what is coming from the Calipari era of players. 'His' players will rally around 'His Highness' and start trashing UK fans. I hope I'm wrong but there won't be anymore Calipari era players showing up in Lexington anymore. They were in love with Calipari, not UK.

I hate to break it to you, but all of his players will think this.

Unsure how it's a much different delusion than the ppl on here that think Reed would stay if Pitino came in
Lmao you don’t know how they all feel. You calipari cry babies are idiots

I'll also add most players are loyal to the coach first. This is not something limited to UK and Calipari and his former players. The new guys players will be the same with him. I just hope he is better at roster building than Cal was the last 5 to 7 years.

This is just one example of what is coming from the Calipari era of players. 'His' players will rally around 'His Highness' and start trashing UK fans. I hope I'm wrong but there won't be anymore Calipari era players showing up in Lexington anymore. They were in love with Calipari, not UK.
Some probably will, but smart ones will understand they have a full market of camps, signings, etc in KY. Some will disappear from UK, but some will still leverage their time in Lex for financial gain. Someone like Boogie isn’t going have a sold out camp in Arkansas, but he would in KY. Something for them to consider for the future.

Young guys say silly things sometimes - and yes, he's still young. Cal was Doron's coach, so even though I think he's wrong I appreciate all he did here! Lamb for threeeee!

I'll also add most players are loyal to the coach first. This is not something limited to UK and Calipari and his former players. The new guys players will be the same with him. I just hope he is better at roster building than Cal was the last 5 to 7 years.
Something long forgotten in our Murican society is how to be gracious when things don't go your way.
Just another example. Lamb could still be "Cal's guy" without taking shots at UK.

Reactions: d2atTech
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT