ADVERTISEMENT

Lakers reported offer for AD

DonkeyDwayne

Sophomore
Oct 5, 2018
the Lakers’ first offer of Lonzo Ball, Kyle Kuzma, Rajon Rondo, Michael Beasley and a first-round pick.

Basically it is Ball, Kuzma, and a pick since Rondo has been there done that and Beasle, well is Beasley.

AD has #1 PER

Their best offer, Kuzuma, isn't even in top 100 in PER. (None of the other players are even in top 125....)

If AD was at his prime or after his prime, there is some discussion to be had...except he is 25...

Is Lakers really serious?

This might upset lakers fans but.....AD's legacy started in college at UK. He won a national championship. He could end up a laker but I dont believe the lakers history means he has to be one. This guy is good wherever he plays. I'll always remember Anthony Davis for helping UK when a championship. And whatever he accomplishes in the nba, is just icing on the cake.

As a Lakers fan I would take rondo out, add zubac, hart and another pick. If they want expiring contracts maybe Stephenson and McGee. I think the key is that NOLA wants more picks.

The Pelicans have a valuable player to trade, but the value will continue to drop as he gets closer to the end of his contract. The Lakers could say screw you, waste one more season then we'll keep all of our players and just add him as a free agent.

How about adding 4 more #1s, because the Pelicans aren’t going anywhere with Ball.

My franchise is being imploded, and the Lakers are pushing that garbage? One okay shooter in the bunch.

Magic isnt showing his magic yet.

Thats a trash offer. Not even as good as what the Mavericks gave for Porzingis! They are crazy if they think they can pressure Dell Demps with that sort of crap.

Pels are not gonna trade AD for anything less than a star player, a couple of good other players, and multiple draft picks. Guys like Kuzma are a dime a dozen. They already had Rondo and let him go.

There will be a few teams willing to gamble on Davis for a year. He may end up in LA but I dont think he will be there next year.

Reactions: ukfan041 and KMKAT
the Lakers’ first offer of Lonzo Ball, Kyle Kuzma, Rajon Rondo, Michael Beasley and a first-round pick.

Basically it is Ball, Kuzma, and a pick since Rondo has been there done that and Beasle, well is Beasley.

Not a bad deal really. They need to add Ingram to really have a sorta star piece to the deal. That would be two probable starters and a 1st rounder with some depth. Better than letting him walk. Have to see other offers first to see what’s up. Beasley provides good scoring off the bench. He’s averaged like 13/14 a game over his career and basically been a spot player the last six seasons.

Not a bad deal really. They have some capable starters and role players and a 1st rounder. Better than letting him walk. Have to see other offers first to see what’s up. Beasley provides good scoring off the bench. He’s averaged like 13/14 a game over his career and basically been a spot player the last six seasons.

So you’re handing over a Top 5 player for the next decade to help keep you out of the playoffs with that offer?
Beasley and Ball are considered assets?

So you’re handing over a Top 5 player for the next decade to help keep you out of the playoffs with that offer?
Beasley and Ball are considered assets?

Yeah because NO has zero leverage in this situation. It may not be the best deal they can get, like I said have to see all the options but it’s not terribly bad vs. Letting him walk. BTW I hate Ball but he is young and has some value. They could trade him for a pick but the do need a PG to help keep Holiday at SG.

AD gets fined for exposing himself, but the one that gets punished is the Pelican fan.

I’ve said this for years; never deal your stars to LAL or BOS. Call it whatever, but deals to those teams never work in your favor.

Put your stars in the other conference and take their assets because if you can’t do better than that deal, you’re not GM worthy.

They tried that with Paul George, but he liked Oklahoma City and re-signed there. If they watch Davis traded elsewhere, they can only hope he ends up not liking the new city.

The Lakers could say screw you, waste one more season then we'll keep all of our players and just add him as a free agent.

4e6a3f13-0092-4bb1-abbd-5c488e74ee03_text_hi.gif

Reactions: WildMoon
Yeah because NO has zero leverage in this situation. It may not be the best deal they can get, like I said have to see all the options but it’s not terribly bad vs. Letting him walk. BTW I hate Ball but he is young and has some value. They could trade him for a pick but the do need a PG to help keep Holiday at SG.

It's a trash offer. Lol

Reactions: KYNC89
I think it's funny that some people actually think the Lakers have the leverage here. At this point the HAVE to get AD, and they really can't wait a year and a half to do so.

Magic tried this nonsense with the Paul George situation and it blew up in his face.
He tried it with Kawhi Leonard and it blew up in his face.
If the same thing happens in this situation, it will be a new leadership team chasing the next star.

There are plenty of teams that would trade for Davis and accept the risk it may only be for 1.5 years. The Lakers and the Davis camp are the ones who've gone all in here. I'd call their bluff, like the Spurs did with Leonard, and essentially say we'll trade him anywhere BUT L.A. unless we are blown away by the Lakers. You actually make them overpay or wait -- and time isn't exactly on Lebron's side here.

Should be:

Kuza ($1.6), Ingram ($5.6 million), Ball ($7.5 million), a minimum of one first round pick, and some salary filler like Stephenson ($4.4 million).

Or take out Ingram and add two additional first round picks for a total of three first round picks.

You want a top 5 player who's not even in his prime? You have to pay up.

Reactions: ukfan041
NO would be crazy to trade before the deadline. Wait till the summer to see what other teams are willing to offer.
yes, they will wait to see the lottery order. If the Knicks get #1 it would get packaged.

The Pelicans have a valuable player to trade, but the value will continue to drop as he gets closer to the end of his contract. The Lakers could say screw you, waste one more season then we'll keep all of our players and just add him as a free agent.
Lebron will continue to get old the longer they wait too.

AD gets fined for exposing himself, but the one that gets punished is the Pelican fan.

I’ve said this for years; never deal your stars to LAL or BOS. Call it whatever, but deals to those teams never work in your favor.

Put your stars in the other conference and take their assets because if you can’t do better than that deal, you’re not GM worthy.

The nba doesn’t care about winning. The teams don’t care about winning. It’s a rigged overrated league much like the WCW. Many players don’t care either, just watch game 22 in Cleveland.

La and Boston are about the only teams that will make serious pushes in any decade to produce. The rest either get lucky with draft picks or suck. And none care

Absolutely garbage offer. No way NO takes that. They'll easily get a better offer than that. You'll have to offer a lot of 1st round picks or someone that can potentially be a franchise player. Neither Ball nor Kuzuma are franchise players.

NO would be crazy to trade before the deadline. Wait till the summer to see what other teams are willing to offer.
Agreed, it’s business I worship the ground ad walks on as well and I’m glad his not taking the Jimmy Butler/Antonio brown road. But to trade him now would be stupid. You will get so much more out of him after the season. I know his dad allegedly said he doesn’t want him going to Boston but if traded there and liked it he would stay that the type of guy he is

You are wrong about leverage. LA is in a win now mode. Lebron turns 35 this year (December). NO could hold onto him till next year.

What does LA gain with AD coming in and Lebron being 36 (the first year of AD in LA)? You have a player being paid $30mill past his prime. And you will not attract players for less than market value.

LA has to push now but the offer has changed to any 2 players not named Lebron or Contagious Powell, plus Beasley, Rondo and a first.

You are wrong about leverage. LA is in a win now mode. Lebron turns 35 this year (December). NO could hold onto him till next year.

What does LA gain with AD coming in and Lebron being 36 (the first year of AD in LA)? You have a player being paid $30mill past his prime. And you will not attract players for less than market value.

LA has to push now but the offer has changed to any 2 players not named Lebron or Contagious Powell, plus Beasley, Rondo and a first.

No I am not wrong about leverage. No has zero leverage in a trade because they know AD is gone one way or another. Teams could just wait a year and they would be desperate to get anything for him.

If the Lakers keep up they’ll have a starting 5 of Anthony Davis and LeBron James.

everyone in the wide world said they’d offer anything and none of their proposals had ball, ingram, kuzma. a value trade that lebron and ad want and they don’t do it.

I think NO will wait till after the season, take a better offer than the Lakers can offer from Boston or New York, and then he’ll just go to LA after his contract expires. The Pels don’t give a crap where he prefers to go.

I think NO will wait till after the season, take a better offer than the Lakers can offer from Boston or New York, and then he’ll just go to LA after his contract expires. The Pels don’t give a crap where he prefers to go.
Why would Boston trade good players for a 1 year rental? Also New York lit has no good players atm lol

Reactions: CatfanMike47
The problem is those other teams do give a crap where he prefers to go so Boston or New York are more reluctant to give up a lot if they know he probably isn’t going to resign.

Reactions: CatfanMike47
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT