ADVERTISEMENT

Lack of size

Kansas game could get ugly, friends. Let’s be honest with ourselves - not having any of the three 7’ NBA prospects in uniform against the #1 team is going to be a major issue.
Was it the 18 point win over Fort Hayes State or the loss to Illinois in the charity game that makes you believe the game could get “ugly?”

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
Both Thiero and Mitchell need to be on the floor for both experience and toughness if we are to stay with Kansas. Mitchell gives that bb IQ and experience needed with young guards. And Thiero give the toughness and strength needed to help get HD into foul trouble. With those two and Reeves we are not that young of team. If Reeves is on his game I think coaching will determine the outcome and that worries me.

I’m gonna be the odd man out here… The Runts just ran and shot and defended teams out of the gym. Yes, basketball has changed, but when you have what amounts to guards playing all 5 positions, it gets reeeeeaaaallly dicey for the other teams to defend.

Trivia question: Who had the SHORTEST roster in all of college basketball last year? Yes, it was Fairleigh Dickinson.

To refresh memories, they defeated the most celebrated big man in the country, 7'2" Zach Edey, and the #1 seed Purdue team that had lots of other size as well by dictating pace.

People mis-remember that upset by thinking FD hit a million 3s or even just shot an unconscious percentage. Not true. They shot 30.4 percent from 3 while hitting SEVEN. They shot 38.7 percent overall. And Purdue out-rebounded them by ten. The big statistical wins for FD? Steals and forcing turnovers.

Kentucky MUST keep a fast tempo in the Kansas game, and apply a lot of defensive pressure on their guards. The best Jailhawk guard is awaiting rape charges and even corrupt Toupee Bill hasn't figured out a way to get him in uniform. Force turnovers. Make some steals. Hit a respectable percentage. Keep the game moving fast.

It is a winnable game.

Last edited:
LMAO oh boy! Lulz at #1 team. That ranking means absolutely nothing. I cannot wait for this game! I think some people are gonna be surprised at how well we compete in this game. Matter of fact, I think we win. IF we have the main core of the 8 guys that have been playing the bulk of minutes, healthy. Mainly speaking of Thiero.
I think it will be respectable, and fairly close. Playing at Kansas and not having a legit post presence may be a little much to overcome. A week ago, though, I thought we had no chance.

I will say this: When one of the bigs is ready to come back and start, Thiero, not Mitchell, needs to start at PF. He is by far the most active player on both ends of the court.
Had multiple attempted blocks the other night. Yes he was being aggressive but had some poor decision making.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT