ADVERTISEMENT

Lachlan McLean tweet about UK

This imbacile should look at other SEC teams' schedule. He would notice that most also have 3 cupcakes. i.e. LSU - Southern, New Mexico, UAB. Tennessee - Ball State, Akron, Tennessee Martin. Texas A&M - Sam Houston State, Appalachian State, Massachusetts etc.
We are lucky, because now U6 is basically a FOURTH cupcake.

If I'm not mistaken, he married into a huge Louisville supporting family that's old money. Had an evening sports call in show on whas that failed. He's a UVA graduate and fan that couldn't stand UK. Moved to Virginia because of wife's work. Is now/was back in Louisville as a news anchor for Spectrum news. He was/is a jerk.
So, you're saying guys with names like Chauncey, Chalmers, or Lachlan are insufferable asses? Noted for future reference. 🤣

Didn’t he take a hiatus for some personal issues? I think he is trying to be relevant.
I used to work with his wife for a short time. (he outkicked his coverage) But she moved around for a couple of jobs and he followed her before they moved back here. He is an anchor on Spectrum News.

Reactions: Fox2monk
He was a Louisville radio guy for years but is a UVA grad and fan. So he should know our record against ACC foes under Stoops right, are they included in this analysis? I believe its 6-0 in the last 4 years. All the losses came in Stoops half.
He is insufferable I used to listen to his show on the way to work when it was in Louisville and he is the biggest UK hater there is.

He is the epitome of a hungry troll. Don’t feed him and let him starve out.

Sorry I don't have twitter to link it but a friend was telling be that McLean replied to the tweet about UK's football and basketball records over the last 75 games and football had a better record. Lachlan said it's only because Stoops loads up on cupcakes and refuses to play anyone decent outside of the SEC. He is probably right that we shouldn't play so many cupcake guaranteed win games like U of L but in his attempt to trash Stoops didn't he really just trash U of L? I don't listen to him but isn't he a U of L supporter?
Nobody cares what that geek says.

Hope you’re being sarcastic. When was the last time UK played Centre in Basketball? (1929)
Wow.

Just wow!!

It was a 1940’s roundball game with Center that created the Rupp Rule against in-state opposition.

I haven’t watched a basketball game in years, but was in Lexington one night the last few years when Center was headed to Rupp.

Reactions: Tskware
Wow.

Just wow!!

It was a 1940’s roundball game with Center that created the Rupp Rule against in-state opposition.

I haven’t watched a basketball game in years, but was in Lexington one night the last few years when Center was headed to Rupp.

From Jon Scott’s site. We played Centre in an exhibition in 2017. So I was mistaken on that part, but not about it being an exhibition) Probably what you were thinking of. Last regular season game that counted was in 1929. Not sure what your 1940’s reference is to.

Well basketball has played Transy, Centre and Bellarmine for years in OOC games, to name just a few gimmes, dont think that explanation holds water
Don't recall playing any of these except Bellarmine this season. If we have played them it's
been a rare occurrence.

I’d like to see us drop UofL so we could play some better non-conference games. Having the easy UofL win was nice this year, I’d love to see us schedule home and away games with Ohio St, Notre Dame, Michigan, Florida St, etc.
That would be a nice pre conference schedule! 😲

I just don't understand why UofL fans and a Virginia fan who used to do sports radio in Louisville care so much about Kentucky footballs out of conference schedule. It really picked up steam in the 2021 season. I wish we played an ACC schedule every week like those clowns do. They wouldn't survive an SEC Schedule.

Have you listened to him on his show? He may not be a U of L fan but he certainly seems to hate UK for some reason.
He moved to Louisville for a job that was greatly influenced by ul and their fans. Used to listen to his show in the early days and you could tell he got the talk, and he completely changed the show. It became unlistenable for a UK fan. He got free UL tickets and got to rub elbows with pseudo celebs as long as he treated ul superior to UK.

Might also add that Tony Vanetti seemed to have some good stories about him at ul games that his wife probably wouldn't want to hear about so I'm sure he doesn't want the Pitino or Petrino treatment for turning on the 'vile.

JMO but I haven't liked the guy since the Tubby years and it got worse anytime UK passed ul in a season.

ADVERTISEMENT