ADVERTISEMENT

Lachlan McLean tweet about UK

Creed Bratton

All-American
May 31, 2018
The U S of A baby
Sorry I don't have twitter to link it but a friend was telling be that McLean replied to the tweet about UK's football and basketball records over the last 75 games and football had a better record. Lachlan said it's only because Stoops loads up on cupcakes and refuses to play anyone decent outside of the SEC. He is probably right that we shouldn't play so many cupcake guaranteed win games like U of L but in his attempt to trash Stoops didn't he really just trash U of L? I don't listen to him but isn't he a U of L supporter?

Sorry I don't have twitter to link it but a friend was telling be that McLean replied to the tweet about UK's football and basketball records over the last 75 games and football had a better record. Lachlan said it's only because Stoops loads up on cupcakes and refuses to play anyone decent outside of the SEC. He is probably right that we shouldn't play so many cupcake guaranteed win games like U of L but in his attempt to trash Stoops didn't he really just trash U of L? I don't listen to him but isn't he a U of L supporter?
We play in the SEC and load up on cupcakes? Does he think we are stupid or something? This program is in another universe compared to our history. Made himself look like a fool that he is.

Hard to make it through a season with injuries in SEC football. We are doing the right thing in football except for helping UL. It's like he doesn't understand what it takes to get through an SEC schedule with success.

UofL crowd is marshaling all possible sources of support for their own and assault on UKFB with the return of the prodigal son. It's not gonna help. His will prove a sad tale of promise unfulfilled.

He was a Louisville radio guy for years but is a UVA grad and fan. So he should know our record against ACC foes under Stoops right, are they included in this analysis? I believe its 6-0 in the last 4 years. All the losses came in Stoops half.

Last edited:
Louisville has been down for the last few years, I think he’s talking about not playing any more games against other P5 teams.

Well basketball has played Transy, Centre and Bellarmine for years in OOC games, to name just a few gimmes, dont think that explanation holds water
Hope you’re being sarcastic. When was the last time UK played Centre in Basketball? (1929) And even if they had played in the past 92 years, it would have been in an exhibition game like the games against Transy were. UK has played Bellarmine exactly once. This year. And Bellarmine is now D1 and if you look at their schedules the past couple of years, isn’t shying away from anyone. Not saying we don’t play our share of gimmes, but who doesn’t. Missouri wasn’t 11-1 playing a gauntlet, else they would have been ranked.

Louisville has been down for the last few years, I think he’s talking about not playing any more games against other P5 teams.
Average overall strength of schedule almost identical for UK, UL and UVA the last 10 years with an average of around 45. If we're playing any more non P5 games than you that gets balanced out by higher ranked teams as well right? We took losse you guys and UVA wouldnt have too.

And what does UL being down have to do with it, we werent, and thats why the recent domination by UK in the series.

Reactions: Dallas-Wild
He was a Louisville radio guy for years but is a UVA grad and fan. So he should know our record against ACC foes under Stoops right, are they included in this analysis? I believe it’s 6-0 in the last 4 years. All the losses came in Stoops half.
Yeah, forget just UL. Stoops has the UK program regularly beating all ACC competition. UL in regular season and now VT and NCSt in bowl games. Far from the days when we lost to GTech and UL.

Putting UL on an every other year schedule and playing another P5 in their place would be good. But, saying stoops getting UK to #2 and #3 in the SEC E is admitting it is not a cupcake schedule. That said, I would not want to be in the ACC.

I just googled NCAA toughest schedules and it had Louisville at 26th and Kentucky at 31st. So our schedules seem to be very similar. Another had Kentucky 30th and Louisville 40th.
Everyone say`s some schools, in the SEC, are down, but I`ll argue that`s not the case. The SEC is now more balanced then it`s ever been. Ten years ago, even 5 years ago, some teams were just awful, but those teams are catching up with the pack. We have Georgia and Alabama, then 10 schools who can beat each other on any given Saturday. So schools who would have a 6-2 record is now going 4-4 in the SEC.
We have to also remember, we were an offsides from beating Ole Miss and a failed trick play from possibly beating South Carolina without Levis. Plus, we were the only team to hold Georgia under 20 points, with a decent offensive play caller, who knows what may have happened in that game.

Reactions: Dallas-Wild
Lachlan left sports radio to be a anchor at Spectrum TV
He’s a Virginia fan
He hates UK and especially the thought that Stoops is considered a above average Coach
He states 3 terrible teams a bad East Division as why Stoops makes bowls (He’s not 100% wrong but Stoops has been solid)
He doesn’t like Cal either but loved Pitino

Reactions: kywildcat41086
Well that is funny, in recent yrs I've watched UK play (and beat)

Penn St
NC St
Iowa
Virginia Tech

Close losses to Georgia Tech & Northwestern
You know as well as I do that bowl games are an exhibition for young players because of opt outs.

• Haha
Reactions: Girthang
Hope you’re being sarcastic. When was the last time UK played Centre in Basketball? (1929) And even if they had played in the past 92 years, it would have been in an exhibition game like the games against Transy were. UK has played Bellarmine exactly once. This year. And Bellarmine is now D1 and if you look at their schedules the past couple of years, isn’t shying away from anyone. Not saying we don’t play our share of gimmes, but who doesn’t. Missouri wasn’t 11-1 playing a gauntlet, else they would have been ranked.

Played Centre in 2017, won 106-63. Have no idea whether they called it an exhibition or not, but they played at Rupp just four years ago. Besides, why quibble, basketball schedule has been the pits for years, especially the home schedule, every season ticket holder I know complains

Last edited:
he is classless douchebag attention slut.

He was a Louisville radio guy for years but is a UVA grad and fan. So he should know our record against ACC foes under Stoops right, are they included in this analysis? I believe its 6-0 in the last 4 years. All the losses came in Stoops half.
If I'm not mistaken, he married into a huge Louisville supporting family that's old money. Had an evening sports call in show on whas that failed. He's a UVA graduate and fan that couldn't stand UK. Moved to Virginia because of wife's work. Is now/was back in Louisville as a news anchor for Spectrum news. He was/is a jerk.

I’d be okay if we traded a stinky team for another power 5 team. Doesn’t have to be great, but I’d rather play IU then Northern IL or Miami OH.

Up until this year our team and the opponent had their players and was like a regular season game the way both teams played.
Absolutely. Only significant player our bowl opponents didn't have ironically was Devin Leary for NC St in 2020, due to injury.

UK prior to this yr just had a couple opt outs with Kelvin Joseph & Dare Rosenthal.

Reactions: Girthang
I’d be okay if we traded a stinky team for another power 5 team. Doesn’t have to be great, but I’d rather play IU then Northern IL or Miami OH.
Less likely than ever now. We will have a schedule of 5 SEC road games 1 yr, 4 SEC road games + UL road game the next.

In fact, someone a few yrs ago in the athletic dept told me if the SEC went to a 9 game schedule UK would explore playing 2 1-aa teams a year, not just 1.

His take illustrates why he's a nobody now. If he's that stupid, he better learn how to stock shelves.

Reactions: Pickle_Rick
Less likely than ever now. We will have a schedule of 5 SEC road games 1 yr, 4 SEC road games + UL road game the next.

In fact, someone a few yrs ago in the athletic dept told me if the SEC went to a 9 game schedule UK would explore playing 2 1-aa teams a year, not just 1.

2 1aa teams will mean that only 1 counts towards bowl eligibility/seeding. We better not be needing the other 1aa game to reach bowl eligibility, but it's not going to help improve the program visibility like playing a good OOC team.

Reactions: kywildcat41086
Absolutely. Only significant player our bowl opponents didn't have ironically was Devin Leary for NC St in 2020, due to injury.

UK prior to this yr just had a couple opt outs with Kelvin Joseph & Dare Rosenthal.

Rosenthal was injured.

You know as well as I do that ACC games are an exhibition for young players because of the ACC.

Fixed it for you. Lol.

Bowl games aren't anything close to exhibitions, or people wouldn't opt out. Fkn ridiculous statement

Last edited:

In fairness to Rosenthal, I think he was legitimately injured and didn't even declare until after the bowl. I could be wrong, though.

ADVERTISEMENT