ADVERTISEMENT

Kyle Tucker's recent 'inside info' on Quaintance . LOL.

A lot of successful people are like that, but think about this. If you had people close to you, and they used information they knew to talk trash about you. I bet most of us would shut them out too. Especially a guy who relies on inside information for a living. Kinda some Implied rules with that i would assume.
I guess....but if most of what they were saying was true......

Ralph you’re great! Love reading your thoughts.

I’ve not seen Either of the 2 new recruits. They appear to be low post guys correct?

Will they fit in with the faster spread style that Coach Cal and Coach Welch seems to be implementing or will we see a shift back to the low post?
Somto and Jayden?

Somto is more traditional but he can move-he's not a sloth but he's more in the traditional Ugo type of rim protector and dunker. If he gets ball within 5 feet of basket-it's going to get dunked--he's 6'10 250 with a near 40 inch vertical. He's a massive framed athlete who can run the floor and Cats could've used him last night. He'd have smacked Dickinson around a bit-might not have stayed in game long but would've provided resistance and dunked in his face a time or two as well.

Quaintance is special. I think he's the most impressive frontcourt 5/4 man ball handler I've seen at his age. He can bring the ball up and has better handles than a lot of guards. He could bring the ball up after a rebound if you wanted and in the halfcourt he will be a force to deal with at top of key as he can handle/pass/finish/shoot. And he's just turned 16 in July. Freaky talent.

I certainly hope everything pans out like you're projecting.
Understand the hesitancy and you are correct that until they do it, you can also be skeptical. Just saying in terms of who/where these guys are in terms of recruiting, this isn't the level of recruit that began the decline at Kentucky. Their recruiting of talent is upgraded and on the move up the ladder and much closer to where it was/UK fans were getting accustomed to bringing into the program.

Understand the hesitancy and you are correct that until they do it, you can also be skeptical. Just saying in terms of who/where these guys are in terms of recruiting, this isn't the level of recruit that began the decline at Kentucky. Their recruiting of talent is upgraded and on the move up the ladder and much closer to where it was/UK fans were getting accustomed to bringing into the program.
I can’t wait to see Quaintance. Dude is a beast.

Somto and Jayden?

Somto is more traditional but he can move-he's not a sloth but he's more in the traditional Ugo type of rim protector and dunker. If he gets ball within 5 feet of basket-it's going to get dunked--he's 6'10 250 with a near 40 inch vertical. He's a massive framed athlete who can run the floor and Cats could've used him last night. He'd have smacked Dickinson around a bit-might not have stayed in game long but would've provided resistance and dunked in his face a time or two as well.

Quaintance is special. I think he's the most impressive frontcourt 5/4 man ball handler I've seen at his age. He can bring the ball up and has better handles than a lot of guards. He could bring the ball up after a rebound if you wanted and in the halfcourt he will be a force to deal with at top of key as he can handle/pass/finish/shoot. And he's just turned 16 in July. Freaky talent.
Have you seen the last video of Jayden? He is not special lol. A big man wanting to handle the ball, but nothing about that video was a positive. I get he's 16 years old, but I really don't see him as more than a few minutes off the bench his entire time here. He's not Ben Simmons.

• Haha
Reactions: University-6
It is really as simple as program wanting to stay quiet about internal issues. The focus was/is on fixing the program and returning it to where it should be and as a fan I'm good with that. Understand why media guy who covers the team would get frustrated but he wanted to fire a hit piece when he did-he's persona non grata now. He won't get crap and btw--Andrew Slater who is the best in his field doesn't know dick about UK related stuff either right now UNLESS it comes from player's camp he's close with like Boogie Fland. Slater is a pro and won't say things he knows publicly.

I also want to commend Travis Graf for Jayden Quaintance intel. He's been talking him up as an elite prospect since Fall of '22 and out of respect sat on a lot of info that he knew privately.

Recruiting is back to where it was when Cal took over. Want to write a hit piece on the program and use former staffers who were sh**y at their jobs like a certain former Assistant who Tucker is still giving laughable credit to for landing Bam Adebayo which is 100% fabricated and that is one recruitment along with Monk/Fox I know personally from various sources so if he'd like to dig in, I can educate him on how those recruitments went down instead of listening to a sniveling jackass who didn't improve the program in Cal's mistake of letting him not just overstay his welcome but promoting his role and wanted to fire anonymous shots as program improves in every area he helped them decline. But at least Joel got his dick wet using UK brand. When you align with guys like that up against Cal/UK program now, you will not be given access or information.
Boy, talk about your run on sentence.
Good stuff though.

It's been pretty clear to me that Kyle Tucker has been on the outs with the program since the summer.

He has had virtually no scoop, and been flat out wrong multiple times also.

Jack Pilgrim has kinda stepped in where Tucker used to be in my opinion, I think he is getting the scoop that Tucker used to get.

But it's definitely been painfully obvious that Tucker has pretty much no inside access right now.
The way that Jack described TJ Beisner and Andrew Ortelli leaving the program this summer, it made it pretty clear to me that they were his inside sources feeding him info. Now, I'm guessing Tyler Ulis (multiple interviews with him over the years) seems to be a potential inside source for him, but that's pure speculation on my part

It is really as simple as program wanting to stay quiet about internal issues. The focus was/is on fixing the program and returning it to where it should be and as a fan I'm good with that. Understand why media guy who covers the team would get frustrated but he wanted to fire a hit piece when he did-he's persona non grata now. He won't get crap and btw--Andrew Slater who is the best in his field doesn't know dick about UK related stuff either right now UNLESS it comes from player's camp he's close with like Boogie Fland. Slater is a pro and won't say things he knows publicly.

I also want to commend Travis Graf for Jayden Quaintance intel. He's been talking him up as an elite prospect since Fall of '22 and out of respect sat on a lot of info that he knew privately.

Recruiting is back to where it was when Cal took over. Want to write a hit piece on the program and use former staffers who were sh**y at their jobs like a certain former Assistant who Tucker is still giving laughable credit to for landing Bam Adebayo which is 100% fabricated and that is one recruitment along with Monk/Fox I know personally from various sources so if he'd like to dig in, I can educate him on how those recruitments went down instead of listening to a sniveling jackass who didn't improve the program in Cal's mistake of letting him not just overstay his welcome but promoting his role and wanted to fire anonymous shots as program improves in every area he helped them decline. But at least Joel got his dick wet using UK brand. When you align with guys like that up against Cal/UK program now, you will not be given access or information.
I'm a huge Travis Graf fan, the guy does really good work and seems like he goes about his business with integrity

I'm a huge Travis Graf fan, the guy does really good work and seems like he goes about his business with integrity
He does and he's worked his ass off and keeps climbing within the industry due to hard work and being involved and making connections/contacts. UK site lucky to have access to him.

Respect people who work hard and one thing he does that really is appreciated by players/their families/camps and the programs involved is not go blab to be "first". When you know something and for a long time, it's not easy to sit on things but he's done that and glad to see he's rewarded for it. Let others shout loud while he's in the know.

He does and he's worked his ass off and keeps climbing within the industry due to hard work and being involved and making connections/contacts. UK site lucky to have access to him.

Respect people who work hard and one thing he does that really is appreciated by players/their families/camps and the programs involved is not go blab to be "first". When you know something and for a long time, it's not easy to sit on things but he's done that and glad to see he's rewarded for it. Let others shout loud while he's in the know.

Any insight on Bradshaw's return?

Any insight on Bradshaw's return?
I'll defer to people who actually know what the hell is going on with that situation. As a fan-hope the reported return is correct but I'd been told by friend he looked good enough to play for some time now when he visited Lexington a few weeks ago but nothing to share because what's the point of saying that when a guy isn't going to play and you are hearing he's "weeks away" from the actual program itself.

Reactions: Fox2monk
Have you seen the last video of Jayden? He is not special lol. A big man wanting to handle the ball, but nothing about that video was a positive. I get he's 16 years old, but I really don't see him as more than a few minutes off the bench his entire time here. He's not Ben Simmons.
I’m glad you don’t recruit players

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT