ADVERTISEMENT

KY State Recruiting 2013

Four of the best kids in KY have committed to play at Miami of Ohio. Should UK attempt to land one or more of those kids? Doubtful. But, that does not mean one or more of those kids will not be in an NFL camp in 4 years. I hope they do outshine any ranking service or P5 cosch’s expectations.

Noone, on this entire thread, has said anything about blaming Stoops.

How come we can't have a nice conversation about a mistake our football team may have made without it meaning we want Stoops fired?

Geez, some here don't allow anything but 100% positive or else it MUST mean you want Stoops fired. Gets old.

I brought up a conversation point for people to key in their thoughts, noone is talking negative about Stoops. Just stop.

Actually a couple of the critics did miss a big chance to pile on, unusual. But the first sentence of the entire thread could be interpreted as criticism, and then there is this exchange between :YOU and The Hack::

"We are paying coaches hundreds of thousands to recruit the state." by YOU and the reply by The Hack:

"So is this an "Oops Stoops" thought, or a "Faaar Stoops," thought?"

And then Caveman saw some in your post, that he replied to two posts below yours, hard not to see a lot of criticism implied in the thread itself-------AND in your posts. But we can agree to disagree, and I think it is very relevant that he was already committed before anyone even knew we would have a new coach. And don't you hate those commits that commit and then decommit before signing day, although I think he would have been pretty dumb or full of himself to want to come here with Towles just starting out, JMO, I know kids have to believe in themselves but it wouldn't have looked like a good move to me if I was him..

Don't be so defensive, or were you going on the offensive?

Actually a couple of the critics did miss a big chance to pile on, unusual. But the first sentence of the entire thread could be interpreted as criticism, and then there is this exchange between :YOU and The Hack::

"We are paying coaches hundreds of thousands to recruit the state." by YOU and the reply by The Hack:

"So is this an "Oops Stoops" thought, or a "Faaar Stoops," thought?"

And then Caveman saw some in your post, that he replied to two posts below yours, hard not to see a lot of criticism implied in the thread itself-------AND in your posts. But we can agree to disagree, and I think it is very relevant that he was already committed before anyone even knew we would have a new coach. And don't you hate those commits that commit and then decommit before signing day, although I think he would have been pretty dumb or full of himself to want to come here with Towles just starting out, JMO, I know kids have to believe in themselves but it wouldn't have looked like a good move to me if I was him..

Don't be so defensive, or were you going on the offensive?

What?

The hundreds of thousands of dollars quote was talking about what we have instate ocmpared to the other small instate schools. Not me bashing anyone lol. And if I was talking about Stoops I would have said millions lol.

I literally said "to be fair Stoops had just gotten here" you going to ignore that quote?

And pointing out Caveman questioned something I said, is nothing new considering he ADMITEDLY questions everything.

What a joke. I was trying to start a thread to talk on, that's it. Tired of having to explain myself in every thread because people choose what they want posts to mean instead of letting it mean what the poster says it means.

What?

The hundreds of thousands of dollars quote was talking about what we have instate ocmpared to the other small instate schools. Not me bashing anyone lol. And if I was talking about Stoops I would have said millions lol.

I literally said "to be fair Stoops had just gotten here" you going to ignore that quote?

And pointing out Caveman questioned something I said, is nothing new considering he ADMITEDLY questions everything.

What a joke. I was trying to start a thread to talk on, that's it. Tired of having to explain myself in every thread because people choose what they want posts to mean instead of letting it mean what the poster says it means.

You are a very sensitive person. You act so surprised, even when multiple people explain how they interpreted your posts in ways that you cannot fathom.

Four of the best kids in KY have committed to play at Miami of Ohio. Should UK attempt to land one or more of those kids? Doubtful. But, that does not mean one or more of those kids will not be in an NFL camp in 4 years. I hope they do outshine any ranking service or P5 cosch’s expectations.

I mean they should if they feel they have the talent. I am sure Eli Cox would be a Miami OH or WKU type recruit if he didn't commit here. His best non-UK offer is Cincy and I think that was after he committed here (I may be wrong on the timing)of it about finding the diamond in the rough, which is hard. My point was just that 2013 was a failed in-state recruiting class for both UK and UL in terms of how the recruits panned out. The lower rated guys shinned, the highest rated ones were mediocre at best.

Last edited:
You are a very sensitive person. You act so surprised, even when multiple people explain how they interpreted your posts in ways that you cannot fathom.

I am beyond arguing with you on every single post, so unless you have things to say that relate to a thread, I will not give you the satisfaction of an argument. I will be more than happy to talk to you about the football ideals of the thread.

What?

Well, you did reply directly to my posts and it seemed like your remarks were directed at me, forgive me if I interpreted some of it as criticism, sounded like criticism to me, lol. You do seem to be a bit sensitive lately.

Well, you did reply directly to my posts and it seemed like your remarks were directed at me, forgive me if I interpreted some of it as criticism, sounded like criticism to me, lol. You do seem to be a bit sensitive lately.

Don't know if I'd call it sensitive. Annoyed is a better word my friend.

You guys show how true the unwritten rule is of all message boards. Which is any thread that goes a minimum of 10 posts must and will dissolve into a pi$$ing contest.
LOL...….JK folks...….

I mean they should if they feel they have the talent. I am sure Eli Cox would be a Miami OH or WKU type recruit if he didn't commit here. His best non-UK offer is Cincy and I think that was after he committed here (I may be wrong on the timing)of it about finding the diamond in the rough, which is hard. My point was just that 2013 was a failed in-state recruiting class for both UK and UL in terms of how the recruits panned out. The lower rated guys shinned, the highest rated ones were mediocre at best.

Thanks for telling me he turned down Cincy for us, means he turned down $10,000 in cold hard cash above what UK will give him, makes me like him a lot more.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT