ADVERTISEMENT

KY Offense … article

Doesn't really tell you much. Leach's offense was dink/dunk, so it can be powerful if used correctly. But, of course, what coach is going to say, "Hey, I want an inefficient offense where every pass is 20+ yds down the field.

Reactions: Lost In FL
My take away is they think looking back, that Coen may have installed an offense more like what professionals can execute, and they need to get back to something more basic that can move the ball more consistently, more QB friendly, but still affords the opportunity for explosive plays at times.

I'm more excited at the dramatic change in tempo on O than other philosophical shifts. Hamdan can talk directly into Brock's ear when the playclock starts. Let's call the damn plays & run em without letting the clock tick down under 3 seconds.

There is wisdom in this approach......keep the chains moving and working to make sure we get to 2nd and 6 is more valuable than trying for big chunk plays (and failing 70% of the time). TO be real.....that is why most teams run the ball to stay in good down/distances and protect the offensive line/QB from getting into bad plays.

Sounds like protecting the D with high TOP/low number of total plays per game to me.

My take away is they think looking back, that Coen may have installed an offense more like what professionals can execute, and they need to get back to something more basic that can move the ball more consistently, more QB friendly, but still affords the opportunity for explosive plays at times.
Looking back at the last three years (particularly Coen’s first) you can see lots of miscommunication on the line due to our blocking scheme. How many times did we see DE’s or LB’s get into the backfield untouched when the replay shows linemen blocking in a different zone. Lots of issues, particularly on the line, due to the offensive install imo. I also wondered why we seldom used quick hitters or slants when they were there all day rather than airing out a low percentage post on 2nd and five or go away from the running game (Ark) and air it out to Brown when we were pounding it out on the ground. I don’t know what to expect from Hamdan calling plays but his concept looks to be refreshing, at least on paper.

Have to throw beyond the line of scrimmage at least some of the time or the defense will play up and kill everything.

Makes me wonder what an offense of dinks and dunks going to look like if you get down 2-3 scores.
Well we have a top 4-5 defense preseason, so an efficient, albeit somewhat less explosive offense, would be complimentary football. A 21-17 win is the same as a 38-35 one in the standings. If we average 6-8 yards a pass, 5 yards a run and win 8-9 games, then I'm happy as hell.

Reactions: JasonRDunn
Ppl love the deep ball when it connects, but the truth is that we took wayyyy too many unnecessary shots down field with low percentage fades to BBrown in down and distances of 3rd and 3 or less…or critical must get first down situations. Just wasted downs 90% of the time

I love this report.

For all of their shortcomings, Mumme/Leach proved over an extended time period that short, efficient passing, combined with runs and lastly, lengthy passes, can be stunningly effective, and on the highest levels.

Combine that with occassional QB runs, and look out!!

And don’t think this precludes explosive plays: if Barrion Brown makes one miss, or gets a timely block from another WR, he’ll be gone to the house!!

And this offense could be easily mastered by Bo Allen, if God-Forbid, our starter goes down.

In fact, it is pretty similar to the offense Allen tossed for thousands of yards at the smaller Texas school.

Last edited:
Well we have a top 4-5 defense preseason, so an efficient, albeit somewhat less explosive offense, would be complimentary football. A 21-17 win is the same as a 38-35 one in the standings. If we average 6-8 yards a pass, 5 yards a run and win 8-9 games, then I'm happy as hell.
Is hell happy?

I'm not a believer, so it's just a colloquialism.

Whether someone is a believer or not, it is a phrase (like so many) that makes you wonder, "how did that even become a thing?"

There are tons like this one, and sometimes it's fun just to look up the origins.

Reactions: satcheluk
Whether someone is a believer or not, it is a phrase (like so many) that makes you wonder, "how did that even become a thing?"

There are tons like this one, and sometimes it's fun just to look up the origins.
I've never thought about it, but I like the thought experiment. "As hell" is an intensifier. Hard as hell. Hot as hell. Boring as hell. So I guess folks just added on on to funny to mean extremely funny.

I've never thought about it, but I like the thought experiment. "As hell" is an intensifier. Hard as hell. Hot as hell. Boring as hell. So I guess folks just added on on to funny to mean extremely funny.

Yeah, I looked it up, too. It’s really used to mean “to the most extreme” of whatever you are saying.

Reactions: satcheluk

Ismo has many funny takes on how particular words or phrases are used … like “ass

Also, here's a short clip to go with your daily coffee ... !! :cool:

Last edited:
Just please no 1st qtr drive killing deep sideline throws to Key & Brown with very very low sucess rate. and on the radio Picoro says to Tom Leach "welp you gotta try to get em involved early Tom, so they will be focused and engaged all game!!!"

Reactions: JasonRDunn
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT