ADVERTISEMENT

Ksr talk about the team

Well prior to saying that, he basically named every player except Almonor, Chandler, Williams and Noah. But we know Williams has been good based on the footage we’ve seen, so I’m guessing it’s one of the other three.

But to even say that at all in early August is pretty lame on Matt’s part. Dude just can’t help himself.

Take these assessments, positive and negative, with a grain of salt.

Every year from 2014 on, this board would be convinced that the team is 10 deep with a first team all american in the starting lineup. By 5 games in, the board would think at least half of roster shouldn't sniff a minute of gametime lol

Well prior to saying that, he basically named every player except Almonor, Chandler, Williams and Noah. But we know Williams has been good based on the footage we’ve seen, so I’m guessing it’s one of the other three.

But to even say that at all in early August is pretty lame on Matt’s part. Dude just can’t help himself.
I don’t think it’s Chandler or Williams.

Matt is back from his 2 month European vacation with Chevy chase?

And people know not every player is gonna live up to expectations. They never do.

Every year from 2014 on, this board would be convinced that the team is 10 deep with a first team all american in the starting lineup. By 5 games in, the board would think at least half of roster shouldn't sniff a minute of gametime lol
That is true, early on we always hype the team and then half suck after 5 games. By the end of the year we see almost everyone’s value and usually the cream of the crop is obvious pretty early. Some guys do come on later in the year though. Some struggle. I just hope we have enough to get back to winning the SEC and maybe the elite 8 or so.

Reactions: fatguy87

Hell yeah!
That's what I'm ready for.
Don't threaten me with a good time.
But, since 79. We had Bowie and Sampson. Then we didn't.
LFG!
GBB!

Reactions: kywildcat41086
Matt is back from his 2 month European vacation with Chevy chase?

And people know not every player is gonna live up to expectations. They never do.
Chevy couldn't make it.
Mulvaney more likely.
Love the show.
Wouldn't miss it.
My daughter and I listen and.make an over under on mj talking about feelings.
There is nuance.
Good times.

Ha, it's wild you guys are crushing KSR for just telling things he was told, even if one of them is that one guy hasn't been up to par yet. Every practice video we've got this board has some hooligan who posts something like, "This team doesn't look like much" or "I hope I'm wrong but this team isn't up to par". Also not surprising you take the one negative piece out of the all the other positive pieces. Never change Rafters.

Reactions: Bmber225
So who is it? Maybe Brea? Haven’t been hearing much about him so far this summer. Chandler has been putting in work and we’ve heard Robinson is the best player on the team. Williams has been reported to be tearing it up and Perry has been shooting lights out. Thoughts on who it could be?

He has a show what do you expect? If you are talking about UK basketball in August you have to try to find something interesting to talk about. Saying the team looks great is kind of boring even if it's the truth. Doing what he did at least gets people talking about his show and who it could be.

I've heard almanor has been a huge surprise

The one player I've not heard anything on (neither good or bad) and was expecting to hear more is Andrew Carr. That would be my guess but that's just a guess based on the hype coming into the program. Seeing him play, I am confident he'll be a good contributor but again just guessing.

The one player I've not heard anything on (neither good or bad) and was expecting to hear more is Andrew Carr. That would be my guess but that's just a guess based on the hype coming into the program. Seeing him play, I am confident he'll be a good contributor but again just guessing.
It wasn't him. They were talking him as being our first or 2nd best scorer. Today they said he would be playing a lot because one of the guys at his position wasn't as far along as they had hoped. I believe it's Garrison

Same here. I may have just missed a mention. Carr was mentioned as 2nd top scorer. Almonor wasn’t mentioned but I’ve taken him as a 15-16 minute guy. Williams or Oweh are pieces that would be “disappointing” if not performing. The multiple mentions of Garrison made me think Williams in whatever mystery context Jones was playing that day.

It wasn't him. They were talking him as being our first or 2nd best scorer. Today they said he would be playing a lot because one of the guys at his position wasn't as far along as they had hoped. I believe it's Garrison
Glad to hear it wasn't Carr.

I can tell you who I think is a massive disappointment and just don't like his game and that's Kriisa. Never have cared for his play and he's produced historically awful numbers in the NCAA Tournament. But he's "fun" or "crazy" and that is more media friendly. His antics wear thin when he's stinking up the court.

I can tell you who I think is a massive disappointment and just don't like his game and that's Kriisa. Never have cared for his play and he's produced historically awful numbers in the NCAA Tournament. But he's "fun" or "crazy" and that is more media friendly. His antics wear thin when he's stinking up the court.
Read something the other day that said Butler and Kriisa are both 'elite' point guards.

It is going to be interesting with him. Agree 100% that if he's playing well, he will be loved. If he struggles, people will not get on-board with what he brings to the court.

I had to look at his NCAA Tournament numbers. Nuts that he has taken 24 shots in 3 NCAA Tournament games and every one has been from 3. 3 for 24 from the field is not good.

It's going to be interesting having him come off the bench. Dude has started 93 of the 99 college games he's played.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT