ADVERTISEMENT

KSR Sources Say - Jasper Johnson interview/Big Z update

Mhhmmm. A KSR "update" on Big Z. Sure.

But first, enjoy the plethora of sponsors and ads, plugs for the KSBar, followed by a ton of speculation that we get for free here on our own board, and then "stay tuned for some real updates later this week!". Upon which time there will be no updates, but man, the # of eyes on those ads - whooo doggies!

Last edited:
His roommate is going to UNC and he said he liked UNC growing up and rooted for "both" UNC and UK in the recent game. Oof But, to be fair, I guess he has to say that since he's being recruited by UNC.

Mhhmmm. A KSR "update" on Big Z. Sure.

But first, enjoy the plethora of sponsors and ads, plugs for the KSBar, followed by a ton of speculation that we get for free here on our own board, and then "stay tuned for some real updates later this week!". Upon which time there will be no updates, but man, the # of eyes on those ads - whooo doggies!

Pilgrim is WAY more plugged in than anyone on this board or behind the paywall. He is one of the close contacts that hasn't burnt a bridge with Cal/staff.

Pilgrim said tonight, the discussions about "breaking it off" between UK and BigZ started around the UNC game. Said it was mutual between Calipari and BigZ. Just thought it might be best for BigZ to go back home and prepare, and UK to move on with the team they have.. being the season is pretty far in so far. Pilgrim said he was wrong... did not expect BigZ to come back to Lexington, based on what he was hearing behind the scenes.

Pilgrim said tonight, the discussions about "breaking it off" between UK and BigZ started around the UNC game. Said it was mutual between Calipari and BigZ. Just thought it might be best for BigZ to go back home and prepare, and UK to move on with the team they have.. being the season is pretty far in so far. Pilgrim said he was wrong... did not expect BigZ to come back to Lexington, based on what he was hearing behind the scenes.
I didn’t expect him to return, no telling what’s really going on but I think it would be best for him to red shirt, and start fresh next year, assuming the NCAA makes a decision by then.

Jasper seems like a good kid, well spoken, I hope we nab him. Our recruiting seems to be really solid again so I think we have a great shot.
Amazing how recruiting has picked back up when Duke isn't the only team allowed to pay.

I like Jasper a lot too. Really hope we land him sooner than later

Reactions: Ky-troutbum
At this point Z just needs to decide if he is going to prepare for the draft at UK, or actually play college bball next season (highly unlikely). It's becoming far-fetched to think he just moves into the lineup for this UK team. Assume Bradshaw or Ugo are in major foul trouble, or God forbid another injury, Cal is comfortable with Mitchell at the 5 spot - and it works very well for this group because it puts another guard / Thiero on the floor.

In fairness to him, it's out of his hands. Won't hold it against him no matter what at this point, unlike he who shall not be named.

At this point Z just needs to decide if he is going to prepare for the draft at UK, or actually play college bball next season (highly unlikely). It's becoming far-fetched to think he just moves into the lineup for this UK team. Assume Bradshaw or Ugo are in major foul trouble, or God forbid another injury, Cal is comfortable with Mitchell at the 5 spot - and it works very well for this group because it puts another guard / Thiero on the floor.

In fairness to him, it's out of his hands. Won't hold it against him no matter what at this point, unlike he who shall not be named.
To me you stick with this and get him back whenever he can get back. Way too much emphasis is put into his readiness. We need the big body for insurance, I don’t care if it’s February.

Of course Calipari won’t do that because it could hurt his draft stock if he’s not 100% ready to play, so at this point I’d say it’s moot. He’s never playing here would be my guess.

Reactions: mailman85
To me you stick with this and get him back whenever he can get back. Way too much emphasis is put into his readiness. We need the big body for insurance, I don’t care if it’s February.

Of course Calipari won’t do that because it could hurt his draft stock if he’s not 100% ready to play, so at this point I’d say it’s moot. He’s never playing here would be my guess.
I agree
I would like to actually see Z in action. From his highlights on video, he looks, more advanced offensively than both and seemed to play with more desire

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT