ADVERTISEMENT

KSR reporting DJ AND Tre likely out tonight

Not to add fuel to the fire but I legit heard today from a good friend ex Cal lover (stopped a month ago) that he had a good source say that Big Z was not injured against Tennessee. Said Cal announced he was sick but it was really to give other guys playing time. And that Big Z is not happy about that. TIFWIW

I didn't need to hear that to believe it is very possible that is really going on. These injuries no other teams seem to have, are guaranteeing Edwards and Bradshaw playing time. And I firmly believe if everybody was healthy and this team was coached by any previous UK coach, those two would be at the very end of the bench unless foul trouble or blowout.

Not to add fuel to the fire but I legit heard today from a good friend ex Cal lover (stopped a month ago) that he had a good source say that Big Z was not injured against Tennessee. Said Cal announced he was sick but it was really to give other guys playing time. And that Big Z is not happy about that. TIFWIW

I didn't need to hear that to believe it is very possible that is really going on. These injuries no other teams seem to have, are guaranteeing Edwards and Bradshaw playing time. And I firmly believe if everybody was healthy and this team was coached by any previous UK coach, those two would be at the very end of the bench unless foul trouble or blowout.
Pitiful what our program has become. Cal is pimping it out to help ''these kids''.

Pitiful what our program has become. Cal is pimping it out to help ''these kids''.
Cal’s only willing to help “certain” kids.

I believe he gets kickbacks and only helps the ones willing to pay.
I’d say the Sharpe camp paid him handsomely.

It will probably all come out eventually and everyone will know Cal never stopped being a slime ball.

Regardless of where you stand on Cal and where the program is currently at…most would have to agree that the optics of a sick player being on the bench, around teammates, is a little odd.

I found it odd when Dillimgham was out sick vs Ark, yet still on the bench. I can get an injured player being on the bench, but not a sick player.

If Z doesn't get significant minutes tonight, we riot. I don't care if it's a lineup of Ugo, Z and Bradshaw together. Just let this get this kid some experience
We're more likely to see a lineup of Edwards, Ugo, and Bradshaw. Talk about a black hole of offense.

DJ finished his game I don't recall him getting hurt the last game he played.
I saw him walking around at the UT game on the bench and there was no limp whatsoever. He even jumped up a lot when we scored big points (mainly in that run up to only be down 45-42 at the half). Not saying he isn't injured, but we have seen this before with Cal, so no one should be surprised or offended if there are skeptics. We aren't saying DJ is lying, we're saying we have history to believe Cal is not being completely honest.

Cal's version of "I can't hide you" load management and face-saving for when he HAS to play guys who could help this team win, guys that he doesn't want to play.

no one believes all these injuries, its been going on for a few years

what I don't get is why a player won't talk about it after they transfer out

Reactions: TFCats11
Regardless of where you stand on Cal and where the program is currently at…most would have to agree that the optics of a sick player being on the bench, around teammates, is a little odd.

I found it odd when Dillimgham was out sick vs Ark, yet still on the bench. I can get an injured player being on the bench, but not a sick player.

Told my wife at beginning of that game that no way was Dilly sick. Cal needed minutes and not rotation. I would say Edwards was a rotation saver, as was Z (when sick?). I would say even Wagner has been. Just seems like the most plausible reason. Probably Adou, and now maybe Tre. They are all taking turns being injured or sick.

Last edited:
Injury question... (Just a question , not a wish...so far.)

Does Cal ever get injured? Who'd sub for him? ......................

Reactions: TFCats11
I admit wagner provides something that even oscar the great rebounder could not do.... There's different dynamics with him out there on the court. And Tre.........we need him more than ever. Free Big Z!!! Give him a chance...to not hang on the rim.

I’m not watching this shitshow, I was so excited this year and these last 2 weeks have drained me. Cal even turned this possible great team into a mess and now we hit the point where we have 6 guys who can play.
Yeah man it’s crazy how much crap Kentucky has happen and how underprepared they are for almost every situation in game

Reactions: Fox2monk
I’m hoping Z can get some extended minutes tonight. He needs a chance to get his feet under him and adjust to SEC/college basketball. Poor kid was banned from playing until just a few games ago. He needs an opportunity to play through some mistakes and get rolling. We need him as a part of our rotation in my opinion.

Would love to see a lineup of Z, Reeves, Dillingham, Sheppard, and Thiero/Edwards, spread the floor on offense, and see how it goes.

Calipari has zero S&C program, that's evident from the way opponents manhandle them. Contributes to injuries too.
You really think the gys aren't conditioned. We're one the best conditioned teams in the country. Injuries are part of sports. And you really think DJ wants to be out? lmao

Basketball can be a dangerous sport, as far as injuries go. I thought I heard basketball is one of the most injury prone sports.

I’m hoping Z can get some extended minutes tonight. He needs a chance to get his feet under him and adjust to SEC/college basketball. Poor kid was banned from playing until just a few games ago. He needs an opportunity to play through some mistakes and get rolling. We need him as a part of our rotation in my opinion.

Would love to see a lineup of Z, Reeves, Dillingham, Sheppard, and Thiero/Edwards, spread the floor on offense, and see how it goes.

Offense isn't the problem.

It makes sense. He had Rob sit out against Arkansas so DJ and Reed could get playing time. Then, it was Z's time to sit so Bradshaw could showcase against a top 5 opponent. Lol, makes me sick.

• Sad
Reactions: howercat
I saw him walking around at the UT game on the bench and there was no limp whatsoever. He even jumped up a lot when we scored big points (mainly in that run up to only be down 45-42 at the half). Not saying he isn't injured, but we have seen this before with Cal, so no one should be surprised or offended if there are skeptics. We aren't saying DJ is lying, we're saying we have history to believe Cal is not being completely honest.
He also full court streaked for a layup at the end of the arkansas game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT