ADVERTISEMENT

Kroger Field question from visitor….

I believe it's around sections 9-13. It's in that corner.
Yeah that’s what I guessed by looking at this image but couldn’t locate a legend that indicates what the various colors mean.

Looks like 12, 13, top of 14 and th rest scattered across top of upper deck on visitor side. That’s exactly the way Jordan Hare is and Inassume most others these days.

commonwealth_updated.JPG

If you haven't been to our stadium there really aren't any bad seats, I understand you want to sit with the rest of your fans but where ever you sit, our stadium is smallish by SEC standards but very clean, roomy concourses, plenty of parking at Rupp with a cheap shuttle(if you choose that option). Lots of things to do and see for a smallish city, horse history and such if that interests you.So, I hope you enjoy your visit and recover quickly from seeing your fine team lose!

Just a heads up, I’ve found Kroger field (I still hate the name, it’s commonwealth stadium to me), is one of the most welcoming crowds to visitors in any sport. We’re just not mean like that, probably because we were such a doormat for decades at a time. The only fights I’ve ever seen there are between Kentucky fans lol

Red/white polka dots are visitor areas.

Visiting team bench in front of section 5-6-7. I'd avoid about first 5 rows in those sections due to standing players possibly blocking view at times.

Reactions: TripleWood
If you haven't been to our stadium there really aren't any bad seats, I understand you want to sit with the rest of your fans but where ever you sit, our stadium is smallish by SEC standards but very clean, roomy concourses, plenty of parking at Rupp with a cheap shuttle(if you choose that option). Lots of things to do and see for a smallish city, horse history and such if that interests you.So, I hope you enjoy your visit and recover quickly from seeing your fine team lose!

Gonna hang in Louisville a day or 2 then drive over on Friday, do a distillery or two on the way.

Need a hotel Friday & Saturday night night in Lexington. Then head back Louisville Sunday for flight home.

Hoping for fall color, pleasant weather and a respectable Auburn team to show up.

Gonna hang in Louisville a day or 2 then drive over on Friday, do a distillery or two on the way.

Need a hotel Friday & Saturday night night in Lexington. Then head back Louisville Sunday for flight home.

The Auburn Game is October 26th, the last regular day of Keeneland for the Fall Meet.

You may not be a horse racing fan, (I’m not much of one), but a bad day at Keeneland is better than a good day at most places.

Great food, tons of coeds (seriously, Ole Miss-esc crowd), and a very clean, beautiful atmosphere. Wear your colors and talk with Cat fans who will be there on Friday and Saturday, in numbers.

I’ve been a fan of Keeneland, short skirts and windy days for years, the overall physics and possibilities of the scene lending itself to the sportsman’s fancy.

Keeneland is all of 20 minutes from Kroger Field, as Lexington is a fairly small city.

Hit Malone’s on Tates Creek Road after the game and you might meet a couple of coaches/players/families. It is a pretty pricey steak-house cuisine, but a very nice restaurant.

Hoping for fall color, pleasant weather and a respectable Auburn team to show up.
I am always going to push visitors to Jim Beam or Makers Mark distilleries. They are older and more fun to tour than the new ones with all new equipment and without the limestone blocks everywhere. The stone work alone is worth a visit to me. LOL.

I am always going to push visitors to Jim Beam or Makers Mark distilleries. They are older and more fun to tour than the new ones with all new equipment and without the limestone blocks everywhere. The stone work alone is worth a visit to me. LOL.

We went to those 2 in 2022.
They were great.
Was thinking about Wild Turkey or Willet
So many to choose from

Reactions: hmt5000
The Auburn Game is October 26th, the last regular day of Keeneland for the Fall Meet.

You may not be a horse racing fan, (I’m not much of one), but a bad day at Keeneland is better than a good day at most places.

Great food, tons of coeds (seriously, Ole Miss-esc crowd), and a very clean, beautiful atmosphere. Wear your colors and talk with Cat fans who will be there on Friday and Saturday, in numbers.

I’ve been a fan of Keeneland, short skirts and windy days for years, the overall physics and possibilities of the scene lending itself to the sportsman’s fancy.

Keeneland is all of 20 minutes from Kroger Field, as Lexington is a fairly small city.

Hit Malone’s on Tates Creek Road after the game and you might meet a couple of coaches/players/families. It is a pretty pricey steak-house cuisine, but a very nice restaurant.

We’ve discussed Keeneland. It’s on the table. Thanks for that.

Is parking ok to find at Kroger?
Parking has gotten expensive but Inwas spoiled by the 70’s 80’s and 90’s freedoms around Jordan Hare.

Any hotel recommendations?
We’re not big spenders just need modest, friendly and secure.

Parking has gotten expensive but Inwas spoiled by the 70’s 80’s and 90’s freedoms around Jordan Hare.

Probably 40/50 percent of UK fans pay the University for vehicle and RV passes, so you will see signs with colored arrows instructing the locals how to get the the Green, Red, Blue and RV lots.

Ignore all that BS if you don’t have a color coded pass.

Instead, drive directly toward the stadium, from about any direction, say an hour or an hour and a half before kickoff, and you’ll begin to see folks holding up signs (or sitting next to signs) that say “$20.00,” or “30.00,” and you can pay cash to fraternity/sorority kids, nurses/lab techs at the medical facilities across Nicholasville Road from stadium, etc., etc. to park a five/ten minute jaunt from the stadium. Be a tad cautious of drunks . . . they won’t be physically threatening but might run over you crossing Nicholasville Road, or tell you to walk/cross against traffic.

There is plenty of pay parking, generally within site of Kroger (especially when the leaves are off the trees).

I doubt you’ll meet any assholes, but if you do, just shout . . . “LOUISVILLE SUCKS ASS,” and we’ll feed you, and depending on age, offer marriage to our family members, or other enticements.

And when discussing the other “major” University in the state, if you refer to it as “The Jefferson County Community College on Floyd Street,” or other accurate descriptions, we’ll give you Bourbon, etc., etc.

And Louisville Sucks.

The Hilton and the Hyatt downtown are nice, but I would likely try something cheaper say 10 miles South of town like in Nicholasville. Since this is my home area, I don’t know the names, but I’m sure Google would show some decent choices.

If you stay south of town, you will drive straight North on US 27/Nicholasville Road, and eerily similar to coming off the Interstate at Tuscaloosa, drive due North on a 4/6/8 lane road that leads to the stadium/campus and downtown. The stadium was built on the very Southern fringe of the campus in 1971, on an old experimental farm, and still has a huge barn (E. S. Goodbarn) located nearby.

Coming from due South is my typical route in. If you do so, you are with maybe 25/30 precent of total Cat fans from the southern-most 2/3rds of the state. Nicholasville Road has lanes that literally change direction of traffic depending on if everyone is headed into town, or everyone is headed out of town. So as you come in, look above the street and these X lights are Green for traffic traveling North, and are the majority of the total lanes. There will be a lane with a Yellow X for the turning Lane. Lanes marked with a Red X light are south bound.

After the game, the majority of lanes become South-bound.

I’ve never come from the direction of
Louisville, on game day.

Last edited:
Bring blankets, gloves, and scarfs 🍺

Banish the thought!!

Please inform your fans, Coaches and players of what we locals call “The Fayette County Freeze Exception,” and dress lightly!

Temperatures are likely comfortable for Deep-Southern fans, players and coaches. Hell, tell players there is no need for gloves, tee-shirts, and much less, Long-John’s, etc.

We might be “the Northern-Most School in the South,” but we only get really cold weather in January, and you can expect a balmy, sun-filled experience in late October in Lexington!!!!!!

I’ve often reminisced with friends and family about the pure pleasantry of sitting on a bare aluminum bleacher in the late Fall, whilst elevated in the stadium, to catch the faint 20-30 mile-an-hour breeze wafting across the Bluegrass plain!

Bring your suntan lotion!!!

• Haha

Consider the Holiday Inn Express on Virginia Ave, its only a few years old so would be in good condition. It is probably less than a mile from the stadium if you like to walk or- there is a shuttle stop there and its very inexpensive. It was a dollar a few years ago. If you dont do that option, you could park at Rupp Arena, its sometimes free, sometimes around $10 depending on if there is an event there, the shuttle runs from there and back after the game.

Probably 40/50 percent of UK fans pay the University for vehicle and RV passes, so you will see signs with colored arrows instructing the locals how to get the the Green, Red, Blue and RV lots.

Instead, drive directly toward the stadium, from about any direction, say an hour or an hour and a half before kickoff, and you’ll begin to see folks holding up signs (or sitting next to signs) that say “$20.00,” or “30.00,” and you can pay cash to fraternity/sorority kids, nurses/lab techs at the medical facilities across Nicholasville Road from stadium, etc., etc. to park a five/ten minute jaunt from the stadium. Be a tad cautious of drunks . . . they won’t be physically threatening but might run over you crossing Nicholasville Road, or tell you to walk/cross against traffic.

There is plenty of pay parking, generally within site of Kroger (especially when the leaves are off the trees).

I doubt you’ll meet any assholes, but if you do, just shout . . . “LOUISVILLE SUCKS ASS,” and we’ll feed you, and depending on age, offer marriage to our family members, or other enticements.

And when discussing the other “major” University in the state, if you refer to it as “The Jefferson County Community College on Floyd Street,” or other accurate descriptions, we’ll give you Bourbon, etc., etc.

And Louisville Sucks.

The Hilton and the Hyatt downtown are nice, but I would likely try something cheaper say 10 miles South of town like in Nicholasville. Since this is my home area, I don’t know the names, but I’m sure Google would show some decent choices.

If you stay south of town, you will drive straight North on US 27/Nicholasville Road, and eerily similar to coming off the Interstate at Tuscaloosa, drive due North on a 4/6/8 lane road that leads to the stadium/campus and downtown. The stadium was built on the very Southern fringe of the campus in 1971, on an old experimental farm, and still has a huge barn (E. S. Goodbarn) located nearby.

Coming from due South is my typical route in. If you do so, you are with maybe 25/30 precent of total Cat fans from the southern-most 2/3rds of the state. Nicholasville Road has lanes that literally change direction of traffic depending on if everyone is headed into town, or everyone is headed out of town. So as you come in, look above the street and these X lights are Green for traffic traveling North, and are the majority of the total lanes. There will be a lane with a Yellow X for the turning Lane. Lanes marked with a Red X light are south bound.

Louisville, on game day.
Damnit Hack, dont let them on to the changin light thing, that's a thrill everyone needs to experience one time. (Why are they all honking and gesturing at us??!!!)

And if I'm coming from Louisville Id take New Circle Rd and just stay on it til it ends.

Turn at Church, may be Church of Christ, across from stadium and park down one of those streets free.

By the way, leave your eagle at home

I don't think the raptors travel to away games. They've done The Olympics and other events but I don't think they travel to away AU sporting events.

On the other hand, Aubie will be there and everywhere. Kind of like the AllState mayhem guy

1959-Auburn-Ky-smaller.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: The-Hack

And Louisville Sucks.

Louisville, on game day.

Louisville does indeed suck and doesn't understand it's place of irrelevancy in college football.

Damnit Hack, dont let them on to the changin light thing, that's a thrill everyone needs to experience one time. (Why are they all honking and gesturing at us??!!!)

And if I'm coming from Louisville Id take New Circle Rd and just stay on it til it ends.
We always take the Versailles exit and park in the neighborhood close to Nutter. You can get spots at folks homes for around $25 and most will let you hang out there and drink until you're ready to walk in.

Louisville does indeed suck and doesn't understand it's place of irrelevancy in college football.
You are obviously a man of some education, style and all other positive things I cannot currently bring to mind.

You mentioned being secure . . . but previously said you would first stay in Louisville.

Hmmmmm.

You might ought to hit the Lexington area from the beginning and leave Jefferson County alone!!!!

What section(s) in lower level are visitor allotment sold in please ? Thanks

Just a couple side notes for you for future reference when attending games at our stadium-

-opposing team's gear is not allowed
-you must wear UK Blue or White attire only
-no yelling
-no shenanigans
-there is a beverage tax of 20%, paid in cash or beverage, to the occupants of the nearest UK section to the left and right of yours, even if there is a wall between sections
-no tax on food, but be aware you might have to share some food with any UK fans sitting near you. They will reach in and take what they want, so no need to offer any food is required
-you are required to sit while your team is on offense

Thank you for visiting!

All of 20 minutes if you're an old slow ass driver. I can be there in 10.

I'm also looking at the Kentucky/Auburn game for a campus visit for my nephew. How difficult will it be to get four decent lower level tickets together when single game tickets go on sale? Also, any idea when they'll go on sale and how much they'll be? I've been looking online and only see where they should go on sale during the summer. I would like to go to Keeneland that day too. Hopefully it'll be a night game.

All of 20 minutes if you're an old slow ass driver. I can be there in 10.

I resemble that remark, but was also allowing game-day traffic considerations. I’ve never traveled to Kroger field from Keeneland, but assume all streets are congested for 2 hours prior to kickoff.

Reactions: LordEgg
Also, any idea when they'll go on sale and how much they'll be?

Unfortunately, all these questions are a little hard to answer. Needless to say, Kentucky Football tickets are much more in demand than just 6 years, ago.

Shop early, and get the best deal!!

Last edited:
This. Assuming you can get out of keeneland in less than 30 minutes you still have all the game day back up.

Yes.

But, again, I would assume an Auburn fan would cut bait at Keeneland like three hours before kickoff, missing the last 4-5 races.

I would.

But still, there is more congestion at 7:00 am on game days than most others.

Hell, I would tell our visitors not to wait until ALL of the Keeneland crowd is emptying out. That would be a sh!tfest times 2!!

Reactions: bigblueinsanity
I resemble that remark, but was also allowing game-day traffic considerations. I’ve never traveled to Kroger field from Keeneland, but assume all streets are congested for 2 hours prior to kickoff.

You get there faster by horse, but there's no longer any stables at which to house your steed.

• Haha
Reactions: The-Hack
Yes.

But, again, I would assume an Auburn fan would cut bait at Keeneland like three hours before kickoff, missing the last 4-5 races.

I would.

But still, there is more congestion at 7:00 am on game days than most others.

Hell, I would tell our visitors not to wait until ALL of the Keeneland crowd is emptying out. That would be a sh!tfest times 2!!

Unless you want a GameDay advantage, right?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT