ADVERTISEMENT

Knox,Vanderbilt, Washington

Wallins creek Cat

Sophomore
Dec 11, 2007
I bet these guys stayed up all night worried how can they ever beat Duke and anyone else in the field. These othere teams are stacked. People we have some major studs and alfa dogs on this years team. We all want to dominate and cruise to championship but this team is loaded with tallent. It takes tallent and a good seed and a couple of breaks to win a Championship. I'm not worried. GO CATS.

We are just too young. Several of these guys will return though. This year is more of a build up year and it will be fun to see how our players progress and grow.

18-19 UK should be similar to 14-15 making for a fun year!

I bet these guys stayed up all night worried how can they ever beat Duke and anyone else in the field. These othere teams are stacked. People we have some major studs and alfa dogs on this years team. We all want to dominate and cruise to championship but this team is loaded with tallent. It takes tallent and a good seed and a couple of breaks to win a Championship. I'm not worried. GO CATS.
Duke has talent and they will get all cupcakes in their bracket. The had it last year but choked against a hot Gamecock team

We are just too young. Several of these guys will return though. This year is more of a build up year and it will be fun to see how our players progress and grow.

Just out of curiosity, what makes you think any of these guys will be back, when you haven't seen them play? Blind faith? I would have thought that Dakari would come back. And Humphries. And a long list of other players who probably should have stayed but chose to pursue their dreams. The point is, under Cal, you can't assume anybody is coming back. Just enjoy the ride.

Duke is not young? I hear the young excuse every year! Get over it.

I think this is crap. This is a top 4 roster of all teams we've had since Cal has been here.

Ha ha...Not even the first practice and resigned to a build up year. Ouch I'd hate to not have hope and live going through the motions. (Not stating you are going through the motions D25 but your statement reeks of despondency.)

Speaking for myself, this team reminds me of the unc team that just won it all as far as the length and makeup of the team. jmuo

Duke getting Bagley puts them right there with us, maybe slightly ahead. But it's close!
Before adding Bagley, Duke simply didn't have the potential that we did/do.

Reactions: Primedfor9
I think this is crap. This is a top 4 roster of all teams we've had since Cal has been here.

I hope that's true, but I don't see it that way yet. Maybe in depth, but not in top end talent.

I'm a lot more wait and see about this team than usual, but I hope to be pleasantly surprised.

Reactions: brianpoe
Splinter knew when he missed on Knox that his roster wouldn't get it done, so he sent his mercenary capel out to get bagley.
Shows me they felt desperate and I love it.
Replace jones, Jackson and kennard with duval and Trent...yes please

Splinter knew when he missed on Knox that his roster wouldn't get it done, so he sent his mercenary capel out to get bagley.
Shows me they felt desperate and I love it.
Replace jones, Jackson and kennard with duval and Trent...yes please

Bagley s dad has been planning this for years. Not necessarily going to Duke but getting his son in the 2018 draft. Duke was recruiting Bagley for a long time. Not just after Knox committed to UK.

Bagley s dad has been planning this for years. Not necessarily going to Duke but getting his son in the 2018 draft. Duke was recruiting Bagley for a long time. Not just after Knox committed to UK.

3 high schools in 3 years, ruled ineligible his sophomore year and one of the schools he attended was investigated.
Not sure what plan he had but that road will make it hard to get cleared.

Bagley would of been damn near 20 years old. You know he ain't making the deans list. I'll be shocked if he goes to class after the season

Reactions: gwilli8714
3 high schools in 3 years, ruled ineligible his sophomore year and one of the schools he attended was investigated.

I believe Ayton was at Hillcrest for two years and I haven't seen any discussion recently about him being ineligible.

Not sure why going to multiple high schools would affect college eligibility, lots of kids athletes and non athletes do that.

I believe Ayton was at Hillcrest for two years and I haven't seen any discussion recently about him being ineligible.

Not sure why going to multiple high schools would affect college eligibility, lots of kids athletes and non athletes do that.
The school's compliance issues were identified and corrected shortly after Ayton arrived. Bagley had been there for a couple years and bolted when the issues came to light.

Probably good for UK he isn't coming here. I have a feeling if Cal wanted him bad enough he would have got him

The school's compliance issues were identified and corrected shortly after Ayton arrived. Bagley had been there for a couple years and bolted when the issues came to light.

Speaking of Ayton, I 'm not sure he has been cleared to play yet. Someone please correct me if I am wrong, but I had read somewhere that he could travel with the team to Spain but was going to be held out of games.

Good find. Although I am still not sure it tells us much as far as his eligibility is concerned. Would a college be punished for playing an ineligible player in an exhibition game? I honestly don't know. I did read in that article where redshirt Duke transfer Chase Jeter played in the game as well and i normal circumstances that wouldn't happen.

Ineligible because of transfer rules not grades

Never understood why some don't do research when it's so easy to just google things and then make sure it's a legit source. They hear something like "transfer" then just run with it. Many none UK fans did the same thing with Jamal Murray

This is false. Bagley was at Hillcrest for one semester.

He is going to Duke why wouldn't he be cleared. You really think the NCAA will tell Coach KK.. his player is not eligible after he took the time to recruit him with a bad back and now a bad knee? Come on..

Please don't respond with the, well it is Duke so it will work it for duval and bagley.
It is one thing for refs and the tournament committee to help them in the tournament, but how can a room full of guys at the NCAA clearinghouse all be on the same page to do something for splinter that really shouldn't be done. If a kid is not eligible then it is what it is. Just don't get how splinter can have that much pull.

Please don't respond with the, well it is Duke so it will work it for duval and bagley.
It is one thing for refs and the tournament committee to help them in the tournament, but how can a room full of guys at the NCAA clearinghouse all be on the same page to do something for splinter that really shouldn't be done. If a kid is not eligible then it is what it is. Just don't get how splinter can have that much pull.

Believe. When was the last time a Dukie ruled ineligible? They didn't even suspend Allen last yr for the stuff he did. They went with the suspension K gave out.

We're gonna find out on the court.

The probability is they have about equal talent. The possibility is they have better talent.

The certainty is our coach is about a hundred times better at crafting this kind of young talent into a highly effective team on both ends of the court over the course of only one season. And their coach is about a hundred times better at getting friendly whistles and cake tourney paths.

In the words of Geralt of Rivia, "We shall see."

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT