ADVERTISEMENT

Knox tweaked hamstring, will not be on U19 team

JFCats22

All-American
Feb 3, 2015
Per Cal...bummer as he had been one of (maybe the) best player this week.

LINK

Last edited by a moderator:
oh boy. another one...

260z240.gif

That's too bad. No rationalization on how this is good as it was giving him the chance to continue competitive development as well as likely adding more chemistry with two other Kentucky players.

I saw another post asking if any of these games will be televised but never saw an answer. Anyone know?

Reactions: downthehatch
My guess is that this was orchestrated by Cal to get Knox to Lexington with the conditioning team. That'll be more valuable come November than playing in a tournament in Egypt.
Not to be conspiracy theory guy but there is probably some reason behind this other than a hamstring, which of course would only be in our favor.

Hate to hear it. But with three UK players in tryouts Cal probably was probably going to cut one so he wouldn't be called out for favoritism. This saves him the trouble.

Reactions: LineSkiCat14
Hate to hear it. But with three UK players in tryouts Cal probably was probably going to cut one so he wouldn't be called out for favoritism. This saves him the trouble.

Eff it, he's gonna get called out anyways. I wish he would grab JV next.

I don't think they're faking an injury, but I do believe when it happened that Cal probably saw this as a chance to shut him down, get him back to Lexington and be able to keep one more potential recruit on the roster.

Reactions: Son_Of_Saul
Now PJ was having his leg checked per Kyle Tucker and sent to the locker room. I think this was the plan all along. None of the UK guys were planning to go.

This is going to be the team that can't stay healthy.

Don't get me wrong, I know it's a dramatic conclusion months before the season but with the exception of Noel we've been extremely lucky when it comes to injuries in the Cal era. I think it's only a matter of time before we get a group that can't stay on the floor together and something keeps telling me this will be that group.

Hope I'm wrong, I love the collection of players we have for next season but I'm starting to think they're going to have "bad juju" with the injury bug.

Don't get me wrong, I know it's a dramatic conclusion months before the season but with the exception of Noel we've been extremely lucky when it comes to injuries in the Cal era. I think it's only a matter of time before we get a group that can't stay on the floor together and something keeps telling me this will be that group.

Hope I'm wrong, I love the collection of players we have for next season but I'm starting to think they're going to have "bad juju" with the injury bug.

Willie getting hurt helped stop one run. Alex getting hurt stopped another.

This board has enough negativity on a regular basis, can we not speculate about what awful hypothetical things are going to happen?

Reactions: Mr_GG
This could actually be a positive. Lot of gifted wings/SFs/and combo forwards in this group. Creates more room for the kids we're recruiting. If Knox had stayed, a guy like King might have been on the chopping block (because I genuinely believe Cal will do what's right for the team).

2014 WCS missed the final 4 and championship game; JR also rolled his ankle in the final 4 and was about 50-60% in the title game. It cost us a championship.

2015 Poythress going down takes the platoon off the table and we go from the greatest defensive efficiency team ever to a very good team but one that struggles defending a versatile 4, which eventually beat us and cost another championship. UK not winning at least 1 of those 2 is directly correlated to injuries.

2013,2014,2015 all had critical injuries. The only reason people point out 2013 and forget the other 2 is because the other 2 years were still crazy successful.

Screenshot_20170621-133937_zps616pyjxe.png

Reactions: ganner918

You're probably a guy who has a pre-game ritual routine, right?

Put the top 5 guys from the tryouts on a squad and Knox/Diallo are amongst them. Washington would be in the top 10. Hard to give legitimacy to any criticisms of Cal keeping all three guys when all of them are elite.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT