ADVERTISEMENT

Knee Jerkers Relax

I agree with this at least in terms of the Ugonna news because it’s something we all knew was coming and it may end up being a net positive if we can replace him with someone better in the portal. If we don’t, then I’ll jump on the anger bandwagon about it

• Haha
Reactions: UK till Death
yea, he brought in the NPOY of the year! How did that work out!

oh wait, BBN1 Join Date February 2023, that explains it
Never understood people using join dates on this message board to equate someone’s level of knowledge/fandom… this isn’t the only place for UK news. And I used to read this board for years before I finally got an account and started posting

Reactions: BlueWhite21
I agree with this at least in terms of the Ugonna news because it’s something we all knew was coming and it may end up being a net positive if we can replace him with someone better in the portal. If we don’t, then I’ll jump on the anger bandwagon about it
We all knew this was coming? When it was announced he was returning the responses were “of course he’s returning, only Cal haters and cynics thought he might not.”

Now we all knew it was coming, lol

We all knew this was coming? When it was announced he was returning the responses were “of course he’s returning, only Cal haters and cynics thought he might not.”

When I said that, I meant that we all knew this news was inevitable after everything that transpired over the last couple of weeks once we heard about his handlers wanting to push him somewhere else (and we did know it was always going to be them, not Ugo making the decision). I didn’t mean “we’ve all know this was coming for months” or anything like that

CarefreeScarceArcticwolf-size_restricted.gif

Serious question - did you truly think this wasn’t a very possible outcome? The reports were out there about his handlers, hosts, camp (whatever you want to call them), and how they wanted him in the Big East. I thought he would return until about a day after the season ended. Then hearing these types of reports, I was pretty positive kid was leaving.

Serious question - did you truly think this wasn’t a very possible outcome? The reports were out there about his handlers, hosts, camp (whatever you want to call them), and how they wanted him in the Big East. I thought he would return until about a day after the season ended. Then hearing these types of reports, I was pretty positive kid was leaving.
I 100% knew it was possible. The “everything is awesome crew” acted like it wasn’t possible 2 weeks ago.

I 100% knew it was possible. The “everything is awesome crew” acted like it wasn’t possible 2 weeks ago.
By the way, someone saying that today’s news doesn’t make them extremely angry, doesn’t equate them to being part of the “everything is awesome crew”. My point is that today’s news changed nothing for me

its not about level of knowledge, its about desire to troll, past accounts, etc
I’ve been on and off this board since 2005 when Tubby was at the end of his tenure. It was ten times worse then. The thing is over the years. I’ve learned how to take my fandom in moderation. It was either that or have a heart attack. I’m in my 60’s. I don’t need the stress especially when it’s mostly derived from the actions of 18, 19 and 20 year old kids that don’t know what they want from one day to the next.

Season just ended Monday and some of you are ready to jump off the Clays ferry Bridge. Plenty of time to put a roster together that can compete. More players are transferring every year. Chill.

But what about every person’s inalienable right to be outraged? Especially on all social media outlets? Aren’t you outraged? Get outraged!

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!

Reactions: KFuqua
582-F170-C-A25-A-4140-AC6-C-ED5624-CA566-B.jpg
We had a hobby until your HOF coach decided to shit on it. But we know your hobby, fluffer.
My hobby today is layin’ out by the pool in beautiful Tampa Florida drinking an ice cold Budweiser and enjoying life. Feel free to come down and join me. The more the merrier!

582-F170-C-A25-A-4140-AC6-C-ED5624-CA566-B.jpg

Dude get a hobby
He had one. There was a time, long ago, when fans of UK basketball could walk with pride and look forward to the upcoming season.

These days he's changed his hobby to art and has a teacher even more exciting than UK basketball. He is, the one and only, true gold standard....Bob Ross.

You should check him out. What the man does with light is super-human.

He had one. There was a time, long ago, when fans of UK basketball could walk with pride and look forward to the upcoming season.

These days he's changed his hobby to art and has a teacher even more exciting than UK basketball. He is, the one and only, true gold standard....Bob Ross.

You should check him out. What the man does with light is super-human.
Bob Ross is/was ultra talented til his chain smoking killed him.

Story of UK basketball is that we have been short 1-2 pieces the last few years. With another mass exodus, we will have another patch worked roster. We all need to hope the incoming freshman live up to their hype.
What are the huge pieces that are part of this mass exodus? Wheeler sucks and no one including the coaches wanted him on the court. Ugo is a project that couldn't get on the court. Collins couldn't get on the court in two seasons. Those guys will not be missed at all next year and will be replaced with guys much better and more ready to make a difference next season.

Livingston is the only guy that Calipari is really fighting to keep, but he can be replaced as well. I'll take my chances with the stud freshman, Reeves, CJ and 2-3 difference maker transfers.

What are the huge pieces that are part of this mass exodus? Wheeler sucks and no one including the coaches wanted him on the court. Ugo is a project that couldn't get on the court. Collins couldn't get on the court in two seasons. Those guys will not be missed at all next year and will be replaced with guys much better and more ready to make a difference next season.

Livingston is the only guy that Calipari is really fighting to keep, but he can be replaced as well. I'll take my chances with the stud freshman, Reeves, CJ and 2-3 difference maker transfers.
Hope you’re right, but it’s been said for awhile here that the players leaving aren’t good and we’ll just easily replace them with better players. Not sure that has been working out great for UK.

It sounds like the staff made an effort to keep Ugonna, so it seems like they had hope for him. No guarantee that Reeves or CJ will even be back next year.

This.

Reactions: ncaaky
It is obvious to me that with the rules currently in place around transfers and NIL that there will never be another team with a deeply talented roster that is capable of covering up nights where a player might be off their game. That means parity is here to stay you just have to wish for the best each game.

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT